Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I found us a new bus!!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

I found us a new bus!!
Original Message   Mar 1, 2005 5:32 pm
Thinking we needed a little more appropriate winter transportation I did a little looking and found a couple of vehicles we could add to our fleet.

For those smaller gatherings I found this,

an old Bombardier snowcoach (Yes, that Bombardier).

And for those full group outings I found this little custom job!

Whaddya think??    Roadtrip!!
Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: I found us a new bus!!
Reply #12   Mar 3, 2005 9:42 am
robmints wrote:

Just lint's crew doing some trimmer repair.

And that guy hooked us up with a designated driver!

This message was modified Mar 3, 2005 by Emmo
buttlint

Reply #13   Mar 3, 2005 4:12 pm
Hey Mo,
To make things easier on everyone.....how about I just hitch-hike from Detroit and meet you guys in the lobby of the Holiday Inn down in Columbus, Ohio....say about 10:30 Saturday morning.
It has been a while since we have seen each other....and it might be difficult too spot each other in a crowd. (Plus my memory is not as good as it used too be.) I will try my best too make it easy for you.

You cant just look for my beard anymore.....I had a little accident lighting my pipe a couple of days ago....and it burnt off all the hair on my face, including my eyebrows and my custom made eyepatch.I know the hair will grow back....but I have had that eyepatch for years and I am having a hard time finding the guy that made the original.(And I wouldnt be caught dead wearing one of those "off the rack" numbers that they sell in drugstores.)

So that  brings up a problem....Which glass eye too bring. I have two..but neither one fits like it should. I still have my first "baby-ball", which I outgrew before I was 6 years old. It really doesnt look that bad....but it keeps falling out when I tilt my head down even the least little bit.(That always seems too happen when I am in a fancy resturant, trying too enjoy a nice dinner. Plop...right into the soup!)
The other one that my mom and dad got me for my graduation present has the opposite problem...It's way too big.(Mom always bought things too big...thinking that I would grow into them eventually.) Well..that never happened. It is about twice the size of my real eye and it is a real bear too get in and out. Putting it in isnt really that bad...I just lube it up real good and pound it in with a rubber mallet. Getting it out is another story. There is no way I can do it by myself, even with my good hand. I have too hold my nose and blow really, really hard while Mrs. 'lint trys and get some leverage with a small pry-bar. Sometimes it takes over an hour of hard work too get it too "pop", and it leaves both me and the Missus quite exhausted.

And there is another problem....The wooden leg that you guys all carved your initials in on our last trip (While I was sleeping!) is in the shop getting refinished. With all the snow we have been getting this winter, I am afraid that the salt was really eating up the oak. I usually dont bring it in until spring, but I didnt want any further damage too it. I have been been forced too wear my work peg, and I think you guys might get confused if you spotted someone else with the same peg.

I thought of wearing my blue and gold University of Michigan jersey...but the last time I did that in Columbus, Ohio, all the Buckeye fans just stared at me like I was some type of freak.

Emmo

Reply #14   Mar 3, 2005 4:25 pm
Sounds like you need to change your name to "Lucky"!
bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #15   Mar 4, 2005 7:10 pm
Watching the Discovery channel a while ago,
they showed Bob Chandler of the Big Foot fame
with a new big foot and it had tires at least
12-14 foot tall.They showed that the tires came from
an Artic Explorer,that had twelve or fourteen tires on it.
Five or six articulated cabins for the scientiste and support groups
to live in while on the ice.
T.J.

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #16   Mar 4, 2005 11:56 pm
Hey Lint Buddy

Up for a game of One Eyed Jacks or Better?  We could listen to "Tie the Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" while we were playing         

Paula

P.S. Love ya Sweetheart

This message was modified Mar 4, 2005 by Paula
buttlint

Reply #17   Mar 5, 2005 6:24 am
Paula...Baby!
Sounds like fun...Should I bring my friend?

Love ya sweetheart! 'lint.
Paula

Reply #18   Mar 5, 2005 7:00 am
Lint

But of course bring Woody! 
However, I should warn you....the General heard about the poker game and insisted on being invited and bringing a friend.  She also sent a message along for you: 

Meester Ze Lintz of Ze Butz: 

I cantz beleivz zu vuold zink to leave me outz of ze funz butz purhapz ze lintzy vonz notz know how funz ze General canz be after ze bottlz or twoz of ze Rusky vodzka.  And I bringz, howz youz zay? De playfreinz? for ze Voodzkie birdsky...

No ze vorryz ze Lintzy one, aboutz ze kitty...hez likez to playz but no eatz ze birdsky...spitz out and sayz pooeyz. 
Sorry about that Lint...the General insists on taking that cat everywhere she goes!
See ya at the poker game! 
Paula

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #19   Mar 5, 2005 9:41 am
" aboutz ze kitty...hez likez to playz but no eatz ze birdsky...spitz out and sayz pooeyz. "

Damn spitters!
Paula

Reply #20   Mar 5, 2005 10:29 am
  thuffering thuckatash...
Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #21   Mar 6, 2005 4:30 am
I tawt I thaw a putty tat?....I did, I did tee a putty tat.......

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42