Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Trying to get over this by-pass surgery

Community Discussions

Search For:
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Trying to get over this by-pass surgery
Original Message   Feb 27, 2005 11:32 am
Folks---seems  things keep trying to slow me down in my recovery.   This past Wednesday night I have to go back in the hospital ---was in for 3 more days.  My lungs for some reason had filled with fluid.  (you would not believe it but  1.7 liter fluid in each of my lungs).   I am home again now and feeling quite well.  Hope this scenery continues.

Love all you on the guide and if any of you are praying for me please do not stop.  I am down to 134 # and have a long way to go.---

May God bless you and keep you all now and always--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Outline
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Re: Trying to get over this by-pass surgery
Reply #1   Feb 27, 2005 11:58 am
Will

Please do not get discouraged.  Sometimes with bypasses it is 1 step forward, 2 steps back, for a little while...but that won't last...you'll be going full steam ahead before you know it.  Did they say if there was any virus involved with the fluid in your lungs?  We'll keep saying prayers for your speedy, long-lasting recovery!

Paula

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Feb 27, 2005 1:23 pm
Keep your chin up Will, we love you and have faith you will recover fully!  Thanks for the update!
Emmo

Reply #3   Feb 27, 2005 5:25 pm
Hang in there my friend!   I'm sure your respiratory ailments will soon be behind you and you'll be back on the road to recovery!

At 134# it sounds like you need a few more slices of your wifes pecan pie!

You're still in our thoughts and prayers!

Emmo
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #4   Feb 27, 2005 7:22 pm
You have a large family supporting you in your recovery.  Just take it one day at a time and don't let anything keep you down.  (Unless it's by doctors orders.)  Snowshoveler and MissSnowshoveler are routing for you.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
pecanmanwill

Reply #5   Feb 28, 2005 10:10 am
Thanks for the encouragement----I mean I needed that.     Appreciate all your support and prayers---may God bless you and keep you--Will

Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #6   Feb 28, 2005 2:53 pm
Will,

God speed for a quick recovery.  You are in my prayers.  

Walt

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   Feb 28, 2005 10:01 pm
My mouth is watering for some good pecan pie 
Will, please think very hard about the good things in life and what you love to do and what needs to be done yet.  That gets me moving. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

pecanmanwill

Reply #8   Mar 3, 2005 6:56 pm
Paula----Your statement is so true.   Just when I was coming around in my recovery, all of a sudden I could not breath.  Luckily I had a good personal Doctor that recognized the symptoms, told me my Lungs were full of fluid.  Sent me back to the hospital and 3 days later I was doing fine again. My heart doctor gave me a good report today---been 3 and  a half weeks since my operation.  All looks well so maybe I have come further than I thought.  All of you keep praying for me and we will be talking later.----May the God of this world  watch over you and your family, now and always--Will

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #9   Mar 3, 2005 9:18 pm
Will

Your well wishes and prayers mean the world!  And I will continue my prayers for you and your family. 

I saw my grandpa who was 82 when he had a quadruple bypass along with a new heart valve and who you remind me of....very active, on the go, always finding something to be done outside, couldn't sit still if he was thumbtacked down, etc.  and that is how it went for him....but, like you, when he made strides, he really made strides!  And he felt better than he had in years when he was done with his recovery period.  I may have mentioned before but if I didn't....he was back to snowblowing his 1/4 mile driveway and shoveling 2 sets of very long steps and was madder'n a hornet when his son offered to help!  LOL

You guys are made of leather Will....the rest of us are a bunch of softies in comparison! 

Be well, Will!  And God bless!

Paula

Majorxlr8n

Reply #10   Mar 3, 2005 11:44 pm
Hi Will!

As mentioned, you have your little OPE "family" praying & thinking about ya! Each day will find you stronger as you progress with your recovery. When you do have those bad days, attempt to think about the good days & all that life has to offer to you ahead. Keep that chin up! Hang in there my friend!

Marty

bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #11   Mar 4, 2005 6:58 pm
Will:
Echoing the thoughts and prayers from the fabulous
people on the forum. I too wish for your continued
good health and very speedy recovery!!!
T. J.

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
pecanmanwill

Reply #12   Mar 5, 2005 7:18 am
Major and  bmwe-0692-----I can,t thank you all enough for your thoughts and prayers.   I am improving every day---Your friend--Will

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #13   Mar 5, 2005 7:12 pm
We will keep the prayers coming Will!!!

Hang in there!!!!

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #14   Mar 5, 2005 10:14 pm
Will, just a little suggestion. 

pecanmanwill

Reply #15   Mar 6, 2005 7:12 am
Marshall---sums it up pretty well.  When I saw the hospital bill, I could not believe it, plus the Doctors and surgeons.   Fortunately, I do have some good insurance so It hopefully will not cost me much out of pocket.  Thanks for the humor----that always helps.   Going to church this morning---first time in 5 weeks.   Can,t hardly wait.  Incidently, I am getting stronger every day---still not putting on amy weight, but I am sure that will come.   God bless you all and your families  and may he keep you now and always----Will

robmints

Reply #16   Mar 6, 2005 5:27 pm
Will,
Getting back to church and back to doing the things you love is some pretty good medicine.
Why think about your weight if you kepp feeling better and stronger. Overweight is one thing, but in your situation, nothing a couple of church dinners, or few pecan pies, maybe a few extra crayfish or shrimp, how about some crab cakes, or gumbo, or baked catfish. Man, how can you be skinny in Louisiana. Well, don't think about your weight. Just stay away from too much fried chicken, or you will be talking about weighing too much.

Great to see you back Will. I have a K321A that I have not tried to start yet but, I think I may need some advise. I already broke both exhaust bolts off. The one side I welded a nut to, and it came out. The other side the nut trick did not work. I tried to drill it out. you guessed it, broke the stupid drill off. Not my fault, of course. Must have been a bad drill. Could not have been the skill of the operator. Anyway, I got a carbide bit and drilled it out. The operator had less to drink this time, and all worked out.

Anyway, Great to see you back.
pecanmanwill

Reply #17   Mar 7, 2005 6:48 am
Robmints---Thanks for the encouragement.  I am doing very well and I expect things to return to normal in just a day or two and it is just not going to happen that fast.  I know what you mean about getting those exhause bolts out.   They will test your expertise and as you said a regular drill bit won,t get the job done.   Wish you the best and may we converse again soon----your friend--Will

Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42