Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Problem With John Deere's Website

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Problem With John Deere's Website
Original Message   May 13, 2005 4:21 pm
For a while now I have been having problems accessing any of the equipment listings in the residential section of John Deer's website. Basically, I can get to HERE but when I try to view any of the individual products on the page, the pages won't load! I have tried three browsers that all have the same problem so I know its John Deere's website. The thing I don't understand is, a big companey like that, you would think they would have noticed it by now and fixed it. John Deere's website has been faulty like this for at least 4 months that I am aware of. At least a year ago, I remember accessing everything on their site without a hitch.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: Problem With John Deere's Website
Reply #3   May 13, 2005 5:43 pm
Yeah, for the most part I have little problem with the site, but there is something about Firefox and Macromedia Flashplayer that doesn't work quite right on my system. I can't figure it out, I've tried uninstall and reinstall but it still doesn't work like it does in IE.
This message was modified May 13, 2005 by Emmo
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   May 13, 2005 6:41 pm
There site's always worked fine for me on either browser.
mrmom

Reply #5   May 13, 2005 10:22 pm
I agree with Highwind, check the Pentium manifold. Now if you're running on an AMD processor..... that's a whole different ballgame.

I have no problems here with IE and was just looking at the 4 cycle handheld leaf blower. Hmmm.....

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #6   May 13, 2005 10:34 pm
Mrmom,

Good point, I should've included instructions for the AMD processor which is different.

For AMD, check whether you have PC3200 or higher DDR RAM. Then you will have to take it back to your AMD IPE BS dealer and have them professionally disassemble the left ventrical discombubulator. With a special stainless steel non-metallic brush of .02mm diameter bristles they will brush out all the virus and adware minibits that have clogged up the microbus channels.

If it has less than PC3200 RAM, beat the main processor off the motherboard with a 20lb sledge and toss it in the dishwasher, with a cup of Tang  and set the dishwasher to the pots/AMD processor cycle and it will be finished in no time. Then go to your local computer store and buy a new one.

Hope this helps. If not I think I get another posting point for useless drivel.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

buttlint

Reply #7   May 13, 2005 10:46 pm
People that hang out a JD sites...are usually are running Windows 3.1.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #8   May 13, 2005 11:32 pm
buttlint wrote:
People that hang out a JD sites...are usually are running Windows 3.1.

Is that anything like DOS 3.2? I still like using it as I can't understand why anyone would want pretty little pictures of file folders when a nice line of words and backslashes tells you exactly what directory you are in.

What could be easier than "CD c:\programs\office1984\word.exe" to make something run? And who needs more than 640K of RAM and 20 megs of HD anyway?

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Termy

Reply #9   May 14, 2005 12:35 pm
Very funny guys. You guys are like, if you have AMD, you need to scrape out the exaust manafuld. LOL

I can't view any of these still after I did maintanance on my computer. Click Here

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #10   May 14, 2005 1:56 pm
Well, Termy IS a computer wiz.  Sometimes you forget to check the simple things that cause problems, then they are solved.  Have you turned you firewall off?  I'm not having any probelms at all.  We'll have to work on this. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #11   May 14, 2005 2:00 pm
Thanks Ajace, that was it! Mabie my firewall was blocking cookies. You know how websites love chocklate chip cookies! YUM

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #12   May 14, 2005 5:56 pm
Great to hear you snagged it. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42