Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > The Itchy And Scratchy

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

The Itchy And Scratchy
Original Message   Apr 12, 2005 8:09 pm
Well, the famous Termy was not strong enough for this year and the cold virus hit him good. I don't feel good at all. My throught hurts like crazy and my mussles are hurting a bit and making it harder for me to getup. This sucks but I usually get it every year around this time.
This message was modified Apr 21, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 34 - 43 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
neve_rider

Re: Termy Not Feeling Well
Reply #34   Apr 18, 2005 11:25 pm
ChrisS wrote:
Yes, 16th year in nursing, 7th in the ED/Urgent Care/Walk-in Clinic environments and I am curently in full time Graduate School becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner.

Do you have post nasal drip and or sinus congestion?

It sounds like your larger upper airways are inflamed.  This would cause your dry cough as would a sinus drip irritating your cough reflex at the back of your throat.

If it is getting better then you can ride it out but after a month it would be more than appropriate for you to be re-seen especially if it starts keeping you up at night, becomes productive of colored sputum again or you start running fevers again.  At this point if the answers to these questions are no I would put you on a inhaler like Albuterol just temporarily to see if that would relax the airways, open them up and stop the cough.

None of my buisiness about if you smoke but if you do it is a contributory factor also.

Overall sounds like you are doing better.....

C

hmmmm.....    All the stuff in your post sounds like you are describing what happened to my brother when he spent the night with the retired hooker around the corner. He had that nasal drip thing for a couple days, then his sinuses were all yellow and green. Then when he finally thought he was getting better he started to get some anal drip.   He said everything he did to that lady, she did to him.  He said he regrets that part of it. He also said he thought she had been a smoker for a long time becuase she didn't seem to have a gag reflex it was more like a cough-reflex. So I don't know. Were you talking about my brother in your post chris? I'll try to find a picture of that neighbor lady so you guys can see her. OK. I hope all you guys get better, and I hope my brother gets better too, we have a family reunion coming up in a week, our family tends to ketch stuff easy. The last reunion my cousin Susan had crabs and 3 or my other cousins and my brother all got it too. I washed up real quick, so I didn't get it. OK, talk to you guys later.      
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #35   Apr 19, 2005 10:32 am
neve_rider wrote:
hmmmm.....    All the stuff in your post sounds like you are describing what happened to my brother when he spent the night with the retired hooker around the corner. He had that nasal drip thing for a couple days, then his sinuses were all yellow and green. Then when he finally thought he was getting better he started to get some anal drip.   He said everything he did to that lady, she did to him.  He said he regrets that part of it. He also said he thought she had been a smoker for a long time becuase she didn't seem to have a gag reflex it was more like a cough-reflex. So I don't know. Were you talking about my brother in your post chris? I'll try to find a picture of that neighbor lady so you guys can see her. OK. I hope all you guys get better, and I hope my brother gets better too, we have a family reunion coming up in a week, our family tends to ketch stuff easy. The last reunion my cousin Susan had crabs and 3 or my other cousins and my brother all got it too. I washed up real quick, so I didn't get it. OK, talk to you guys later.      

Your brother needs to be evaluated for his symptoms Neve, ALL of this symtpoms.

Genital crabs can only be washed away with certain medicated shampoos. 

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #36   Apr 19, 2005 11:13 am
neve_rider wrote:

LMAO, rough neighborhood.
buttlint

Reply #37   Apr 19, 2005 11:38 am
Are there any humane traps for crabs and crotch crickets?
I have had mine for so long, I dont want too kill them...I just want too get rid of them.
ChrisS

Reply #38   Apr 19, 2005 1:31 pm
LOL....Sorry Lint, no lol......   

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
ChrisS

Reply #39   Apr 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Marshall wrote:
LMAO, rough neighborhood.

LOL...no doubt......
I am sitting here as we speak writing up a plan of care for a women with an enlarged Thryoid Gland.  Very dry and boring topic but necessary none the less.  I find Neve's brother's case much more interesting.  I wasn't kidding BTW about him needing to be seen by a provider of some type for his symptoms, I want to be clear about that.....

C

This message was modified Apr 21, 2005 by ChrisS

Emmo

Reply #40   Apr 20, 2005 3:14 pm
buttlint wrote:
Are there any humane traps for crabs and crotch crickets?
I have had mine for so long, I dont want too kill them...I just want too get rid of them.

Hey lint.............I understand your wanting to catch and release, but I have always been a proponent of glue traps myself.
(Make sure the glue side is pointed away from your body before sliding them down your shorts!)(Assuming you wear shorts).

I like to know that what goes around DOESN'T  come around.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #41   Apr 20, 2005 8:54 pm
Emmo wrote:
Hey lint.............I understand your wanting to catch and release, but I have always been a proponent of glue traps myself.
(Make sure the glue side is pointed away from your body before sliding them down your shorts!)(Assuming you wear shorts).

I like to know that what goes around DOESN'T  come around.

ASSuming he wears shorts? 

Hey...the glue traps could catch all kinds of itty bitty varmints...

buttlint

Reply #42   Apr 20, 2005 9:15 pm
Paula wrote:
ASSuming he wears shorts? 
Hey...the glue traps could catch all kinds of itty bitty varmints...
Of course I wear underpants!!!!! ........But you would think that the adhesive on the duct tape waste band would have captured little Itchy and Scratchy years ago.
Hmmmm???  I wonder if the glue traps would work for the anal ants.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #43   Apr 20, 2005 9:33 pm
Yeah...but do you wear shorts?   

Which one is itchy and which one is scratchy?

The ants go marching 2 by 2...hurrah, hurrah...

This message was modified Apr 20, 2005 by Paula
Replies: 34 - 43 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42