Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > The Itchy And Scratchy

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

The Itchy And Scratchy
Original Message   Apr 12, 2005 8:09 pm
Well, the famous Termy was not strong enough for this year and the cold virus hit him good. I don't feel good at all. My throught hurts like crazy and my mussles are hurting a bit and making it harder for me to getup. This sucks but I usually get it every year around this time.
This message was modified Apr 21, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 1 - 51 of 51View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Termy Not Feeling Well
Reply #1   Apr 12, 2005 9:01 pm
Rest, clear liquids, gentle food and a remote control are what's required. 

Get better my friend, hate to see you ill. 
robmints

Reply #2   Apr 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Get well T20.

Tea with lemon and honey is about the best I have found for the throat. If it hangs on the doctor might need to see you.

But you are young, I'm sure you bounce back quickly.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #3   Apr 13, 2005 5:37 am
Hope you're up and felling better soon.  I've heard that if you heat up a mug of ginger ale pop, that helps.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
mrmom

Reply #4   Apr 13, 2005 7:30 am
Sounds like the flu. Rest and liquids will do you good. Chicken soup too!

Hope you feel better.

Termy

Reply #5   Apr 13, 2005 2:40 pm
Thanks guys but, I am still not feeling up to snuff. Yesterday, I ate a bowl of top rommin and drank a couple cups of tea. Today, I am drinking more tea and taking my vitamins and hoping that I will feel better soon. I will give you another update soon.

Marshall

Reply #6   Apr 13, 2005 3:04 pm
The remote contol is the key. Keep it with you at all times, do not let it out of your sight.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Apr 13, 2005 5:29 pm
Salt water gargles with warm water, as hot as you can make it and gargle four times a day.  Push the fluids hard.  Tylenol and Motrin (Ibuprofen/Advil) may be included with food.  IM me for exact doses of each and how often you can take them.  Diet as tolerated.  Rest.

You are in the age group for Mono Chris so this is a differential if this drags on.  It can be Strep too though most of the time these things are viral.  If Strep you have no worries for Rhuematic fever at your age but if you are around anyone 18 yrs or younger it is something that you may have to get checked out for.   

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #8   Apr 13, 2005 11:09 pm
A lil chronic, and a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon.  You'll be sick as a dog the next day, but then it's all over.
Termy

Reply #9   Apr 14, 2005 12:27 am
Here is a update...

First of all, I am 23 so I don't think I have to worry about that Chris. Today I was resting and by means of resting, I mean, I was sitting in the recliner watching my brother play a video game called Twisted Metal. Well, my body kept shutting my eyes cause I was getting very tired at 5:00PM! So I gave in and now I have woke up from sleep and its 9:30PM

I drank some more tea today and I took a couple asprin and I took many vitemins. Chris, you have a PM.

buttlint

Reply #10   Apr 14, 2005 1:37 pm
Bill's right, Termy.
Beer, cigarettes and high colonics are the secrets too a healthy and happy life.
Marshall

Reply #11   Apr 14, 2005 3:35 pm
buttlint wrote:
Bill's right, Termy.
Beer, cigarettes and high colonics are the secrets too a healthy and happy life.
Throw hookers in there too.
Termy

Reply #12   Apr 14, 2005 4:13 pm
Update...

Well, I still feel like crap today but I have been resting, drinking tea, and eating easy to digest food. I did not hardly get any sleep last night. I had a terable headake that would not go away. 2 asprin would not do it, I had to take 4 of them. Then I finnaly got to sleep around 5:00AM and woke up at 11:00AM and if you add yesterdays 5:00PM to 9:30PM sleep to that, then you come out with my needed sleep. But what a horible night. If I had a wife, I would have kept her up all night with the all the rollin in bed lol. Hopefully tomarow this will all end!

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #13   Apr 14, 2005 4:51 pm
Nahhh ya wouldnt of kept her up all night.  That's when ya point them in the direction of the sofa bed in the sunroom.  So they get a good night sleep next to the hounds.
robmints

Reply #14   Apr 14, 2005 7:42 pm
A doctor might not be a terrible idea. T20 has been down since Tuesday.

Hope you feel better T 20.

This message was modified Apr 14, 2005 by a moderator
Termy

Reply #15   Apr 15, 2005 1:10 pm
Here is a Update...

I am feeling better today finaly! But I still am not out of the woods yet but at least I feel better.

ChrisS

Reply #16   Apr 15, 2005 3:45 pm
Good,

Viruses can take up to 21 days to get over so you are ahead of the game.  Again if it drags on then a test called a Mono Spot is in order.  I would want a Complete Blood Count also.  Mono is viral BTW and again you are in the age group for that.

Keep the fluids going, don't take that much Asparin (ASA) at a time, mix and match the Tylelol and Motrin I mentioned via my IM.  You can replace the Motrin with the ASA but you can not mix them as they are both NSAIDS.  I would rather you took Motrin rather than ASA Chris. 

Rest and keep pushing fluids.  If you try to get active too early you will only take longer to recover.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #17   Apr 15, 2005 4:23 pm
Termy---I am glad you are feeling better and I wish for you a speedy recovery and may the almighty God watch over you.--Your friend--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
robmints

Reply #18   Apr 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Glad you are feeling better, T20. Take it easy.
Termy

Reply #19   Apr 16, 2005 1:09 pm
Update...

I am just letting everybody know that Termy is back to normal again! I am feeling great and thankful I am not still going through all that. Ajace, I hope youy get better soon!

Marshall

Reply #20   Apr 16, 2005 1:37 pm
I glad you didn't pass. 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #21   Apr 16, 2005 8:15 pm
Ajace is probably gonna loose his voice and he can't talk too well without coughing.  If I don't get to feel better, I'll see the doctor Monday if he'll see me.  Thanks again for the Photoshop Jobs. 
This message was modified Apr 16, 2005 by AJace

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Dantheman

Reply #22   Apr 16, 2005 8:25 pm
Glad to hear your doing better....In my part of the county, there was an upper respitory irus going around.

I got it...fever, chills, the works. Went to the doctors and got medication. 1 month later still coughing my lungs out.

Hopefully the cough will subside by deer season.........

Dan

Marshall

Reply #23   Apr 16, 2005 8:28 pm
By Deer season. LMAO 

Maybe Dear season instead? 

Could it be Deere season? 
Dantheman

Reply #24   Apr 16, 2005 8:53 pm
Marshall,

After coughing for a month...some days good and some days bad... it seems like a year.

It's nearly Deere season here in upstate N.Y. I was definatly talking about Deer season. Actually it better be gone by bear season in Maine. It's one thing to lose a deer in your neck of the woods...but loseing oportunity for a bear in Maine is time and money !!! Those trips take a lot of negotiating and heartache with the Mrs.  I'm lucky if I can get there once every 3 years or so.

So far two trips to Maine in five years and one bear with a sore shoulder...no rug...

Dan

ChrisS

Reply #25   Apr 16, 2005 9:17 pm
Dan do you smoke?

You were placed on antibiotics by the sound of it already?  Which one and for how long and when?

Color of sputum if there is any?  Are you wheezing when you breath?

Shortness of breath with activity?  Feverish?

Without seeing you and having the rest of the info it seems that you may have put on a antibiotic when it was still viral and after a month it is now bacterial which means you need another round of antibiotics.  If you are a smoker then you need antibiotics for sure.  You can ride it out but walking pnuemonia is a definate possibility.

C

robmints

Reply #26   Apr 16, 2005 9:27 pm
ChrisS

Reply #27   Apr 16, 2005 10:24 pm
Bronchitis is to be treated symptomatically with no antibiotics at first (usually) but yes after a month he should be placed on antibiotics especially if he is a smoker.

C

Dantheman

Reply #28   Apr 17, 2005 8:30 am
Chris,

Had a fever and chills with it...deep bronchial cough...some yellow sputum...but not a constant cough keeping me up at night. I got put on a Z-Pack. That cleared all the symptoms up except now I have a  non productive cough. Still...not constant...but bronchial.

I work midnights now,  and last night I hardly coughed at all.

Chris...are you in the medical profession?

Dan

ChrisS

Reply #29   Apr 17, 2005 9:13 am
Yes, 16th year in nursing, 7th in the ED/Urgent Care/Walk-in Clinic environments and I am curently in full time Graduate School becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner.

Do you have post nasal drip and or sinus congestion?

It sounds like your larger upper airways are inflamed.  This would cause your dry cough as would a sinus drip irritating your cough reflex at the back of your throat.

If it is getting better then you can ride it out but after a month it would be more than appropriate for you to be re-seen especially if it starts keeping you up at night, becomes productive of colored sputum again or you start running fevers again.  At this point if the answers to these questions are no I would put you on a inhaler like Albuterol just temporarily to see if that would relax the airways, open them up and stop the cough.

None of my buisiness about if you smoke but if you do it is a contributory factor also.

Overall sounds like you are doing better.....

C

Termy

Reply #30   Apr 17, 2005 1:26 pm
Chris...

Thank goodness we have you in the forums! Where would we be without your advice? And you give it all here for free!

Thanks for all your help that you have given me in the past!

ChrisS

Reply #31   Apr 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Your welcome,

I give it for free everyday via the phone where I work.  It is part of the job.

Glad you are feeling better!....

C

Dantheman

Reply #32   Apr 17, 2005 7:24 pm
Thanks Chris!!!
ChrisS

Reply #33   Apr 17, 2005 10:58 pm
Your Welcome Dan.

Feel better.

C

neve_rider

Reply #34   Apr 18, 2005 11:25 pm
ChrisS wrote:
Yes, 16th year in nursing, 7th in the ED/Urgent Care/Walk-in Clinic environments and I am curently in full time Graduate School becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner.

Do you have post nasal drip and or sinus congestion?

It sounds like your larger upper airways are inflamed.  This would cause your dry cough as would a sinus drip irritating your cough reflex at the back of your throat.

If it is getting better then you can ride it out but after a month it would be more than appropriate for you to be re-seen especially if it starts keeping you up at night, becomes productive of colored sputum again or you start running fevers again.  At this point if the answers to these questions are no I would put you on a inhaler like Albuterol just temporarily to see if that would relax the airways, open them up and stop the cough.

None of my buisiness about if you smoke but if you do it is a contributory factor also.

Overall sounds like you are doing better.....

C

hmmmm.....    All the stuff in your post sounds like you are describing what happened to my brother when he spent the night with the retired hooker around the corner. He had that nasal drip thing for a couple days, then his sinuses were all yellow and green. Then when he finally thought he was getting better he started to get some anal drip.   He said everything he did to that lady, she did to him.  He said he regrets that part of it. He also said he thought she had been a smoker for a long time becuase she didn't seem to have a gag reflex it was more like a cough-reflex. So I don't know. Were you talking about my brother in your post chris? I'll try to find a picture of that neighbor lady so you guys can see her. OK. I hope all you guys get better, and I hope my brother gets better too, we have a family reunion coming up in a week, our family tends to ketch stuff easy. The last reunion my cousin Susan had crabs and 3 or my other cousins and my brother all got it too. I washed up real quick, so I didn't get it. OK, talk to you guys later.      
ChrisS

Reply #35   Apr 19, 2005 10:32 am
neve_rider wrote:
hmmmm.....    All the stuff in your post sounds like you are describing what happened to my brother when he spent the night with the retired hooker around the corner. He had that nasal drip thing for a couple days, then his sinuses were all yellow and green. Then when he finally thought he was getting better he started to get some anal drip.   He said everything he did to that lady, she did to him.  He said he regrets that part of it. He also said he thought she had been a smoker for a long time becuase she didn't seem to have a gag reflex it was more like a cough-reflex. So I don't know. Were you talking about my brother in your post chris? I'll try to find a picture of that neighbor lady so you guys can see her. OK. I hope all you guys get better, and I hope my brother gets better too, we have a family reunion coming up in a week, our family tends to ketch stuff easy. The last reunion my cousin Susan had crabs and 3 or my other cousins and my brother all got it too. I washed up real quick, so I didn't get it. OK, talk to you guys later.      

Your brother needs to be evaluated for his symptoms Neve, ALL of this symtpoms.

Genital crabs can only be washed away with certain medicated shampoos. 

C

Marshall

Reply #36   Apr 19, 2005 11:13 am
neve_rider wrote:

LMAO, rough neighborhood.
buttlint

Reply #37   Apr 19, 2005 11:38 am
Are there any humane traps for crabs and crotch crickets?
I have had mine for so long, I dont want too kill them...I just want too get rid of them.
ChrisS

Reply #38   Apr 19, 2005 1:31 pm
LOL....Sorry Lint, no lol......   

C

ChrisS

Reply #39   Apr 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Marshall wrote:
LMAO, rough neighborhood.

LOL...no doubt......
I am sitting here as we speak writing up a plan of care for a women with an enlarged Thryoid Gland.  Very dry and boring topic but necessary none the less.  I find Neve's brother's case much more interesting.  I wasn't kidding BTW about him needing to be seen by a provider of some type for his symptoms, I want to be clear about that.....

C

This message was modified Apr 21, 2005 by ChrisS

Emmo

Reply #40   Apr 20, 2005 3:14 pm
buttlint wrote:
Are there any humane traps for crabs and crotch crickets?
I have had mine for so long, I dont want too kill them...I just want too get rid of them.

Hey lint.............I understand your wanting to catch and release, but I have always been a proponent of glue traps myself.
(Make sure the glue side is pointed away from your body before sliding them down your shorts!)(Assuming you wear shorts).

I like to know that what goes around DOESN'T  come around.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #41   Apr 20, 2005 8:54 pm
Emmo wrote:
Hey lint.............I understand your wanting to catch and release, but I have always been a proponent of glue traps myself.
(Make sure the glue side is pointed away from your body before sliding them down your shorts!)(Assuming you wear shorts).

I like to know that what goes around DOESN'T  come around.

ASSuming he wears shorts? 

Hey...the glue traps could catch all kinds of itty bitty varmints...

buttlint

Reply #42   Apr 20, 2005 9:15 pm
Paula wrote:
ASSuming he wears shorts? 
Hey...the glue traps could catch all kinds of itty bitty varmints...
Of course I wear underpants!!!!! ........But you would think that the adhesive on the duct tape waste band would have captured little Itchy and Scratchy years ago.
Hmmmm???  I wonder if the glue traps would work for the anal ants.
Paula

Reply #43   Apr 20, 2005 9:33 pm
Yeah...but do you wear shorts?   

Which one is itchy and which one is scratchy?

The ants go marching 2 by 2...hurrah, hurrah...

This message was modified Apr 20, 2005 by Paula
buttlint

Reply #44   Apr 20, 2005 9:55 pm
Paula wrote:
Yeah...but do you wear shorts?   

Which one is itchy and which one is scratchy?

The ants go marching 2 by 2...hurrah, hurrah...

Sure......I wear shorts. We call em my "Sunday go-to-meetin' pants."
Right now...they are both kinda itchy and scratchy......Must be spring-time...... Sweetheart.
Paula

Reply #45   Apr 20, 2005 10:29 pm
Ok Sveethart....just checking...well, not literally....
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #46   Apr 21, 2005 5:02 pm
there is just no way i can add anything to this conversation,its gone so far downhill that it can never come back.

i just hope Termy is okay by now.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #47   Apr 21, 2005 7:39 pm

I'll try in my brief way to hike the underpants of this thread to waist level, wedging the crotch of the subject, if you will, while delousing the bugginess that seems to have creepy-crawled into the meat of the matter. Butt I'm sure I can only scratch away a little of the itch that pervades to genitally have fun with a shorts subject..

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

buttlint

Reply #48   Apr 21, 2005 7:56 pm
Just consider this the " Abbeysguide Free Clinic."
It's people helping people.
Paula

Reply #49   Apr 21, 2005 8:55 pm
Ahhh yes.....people lending each other a helping hand
neve_rider

Reply #50   Apr 21, 2005 9:45 pm
Paula wrote:
Ahhh yes.....people lending each other a helping hand

O man. I could sure use a hand right now, maybe even two. I think Chris was right when he said those crabs could only be washed away with that expensive soap. I think I might still have them, cuz I been itching real bad lately.   I was just wondering, how much would your services run me Paula? Since you are lending your helping hand. And I do realize I am still a noob and all, but I was hoping maybe I could get the regular's price. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
Paula

Re: The Itchy And Scratchy
Reply #51   Apr 21, 2005 9:57 pm
Neve

I'll make it easy for you....there isn't enough money on God's green earth that would bring my hands (or anything else) anywhere near your scratchy (or unscratchy) spots. 

(Hmm...I think that just about covers it, doesn't it? )

Paula

P.S. Maybe that 'girlfriend' of your brother's can give you a hand...between her own itchies and scratches...

Replies: 1 - 51 of 51View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42