Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > I'm done with bags and I need some advice on bagless models.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Mister_Bojack

I'm done with bags and I need some advice on bagless models.
Original Message   Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm
I can't stand the smells anymore. Carbon filters don't work. Neither do the treated bags. I'm really curious about a few models of bagless power nozzle canisters:

1. LG Kompressor

2. Hoover Windtunnel Bagless. (The silver canister rebadged for Hoover. aka LG Cyking)

3. Hoover Platinum Windtunnel Bagless.

4. Some of the Electrolux bagless canisters.

One thing I've got to have on a canister is a long hose. I just realized the other day that the hand tools to my Miele Capricorn are immaculate. I suppose I never use them because the hose is so short! Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Replies: 14 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
hooverman

Re: I'm done with bags and I need some advice on bagless models.
Reply #14   Sep 13, 2022 7:05 pm
Y not go 4 a Hoover WindTunnel + Cyclonic U5780-9xx? That'll outclean any Diesoon or Oweck any day Better yet stick 2 bagged vacs like a Compact/TriStar (preferably w/PN 4 best results) there R plenty of them on eBay
CountVacula

Reply #15   Sep 17, 2022 6:20 pm
There isn't a bagless vacuum made I would ever recommend, even to someone I disliked, because it would become yet another reason to dislike me. To me you might as well just buy an old fashioned shake out bag upright. They are simpler and less trouble overall than any bagless vacuum. I share your low opinion of the Miele. I know this makes me a Philistine to many vacuum enthusiasts but while the quality of their canisters is superb, the hose is just plain miserable, too short as you say, simultaneously too stiff yet easy to kink, no repair parts so if the hose starts to act up you have to buy a whole new hose and Miele attachments are worse than those on old Hoover uprights. If you want a really good canister with a long hose, buy a Kenmore Elite 21814. They have an 8 foot long hose. If you always use the genuine Kenmore Style Q synthetic HEPA dust bag you never have dirt in the bag chamber. Their bags are superb and seal perfectly to the lid where aftermarket copies of the Q bag have thin mounting cards and always leak dust. Use the Kenmore CF-1 pre motor filter with the genuine Q bag and you have filtration equal to anything Miele ever made. The Kenmore 81614 or BC4027 are another great canister with different power nozzles and a 7 foot long hose. Can't really say enough good things about Kenmore canister vacuums. The prices are reasonable, filter and bag prices are humane and they have perhaps the best hand brush in their Pet Powermate, compared to the crappy air driven hand brush Miele sells as an accessory. You can repair anything on them so they are not throw away vacuums. Even the hose can be repaired, every part is available. The Elite series are about the most powerful vacuums sold in the US with huge airflow. If you want a good upright at a reasonable price the Hover Hushtone commercial uprights are a great value. Hover synthetic HEPA bags use a really good material and the inside of the vacuum will stay clean using them. If you have the money a Windsor commercial upright is my preferred choice. They are custodian proof and will last a lifetime in most households. Don't buy the Sebo version with the automatic height adjuster. Too slow to adjust and adds complication. Stick with simple models with manual height adjustment. Again, use their synthetic HEPA dust bags. With these you won't have to deal with dust when emptying the vacuum.
This message was modified Sep 17, 2022 by CountVacula
vacomatic

Reply #16   Apr 17, 2023 2:28 pm
Wrt Bagless vacuums, beware of Miele CX1 models.  They have an internal, hidden HEPA filter that requires major disassembly by an experienced vacuum tech to clean (an entire internal housing must be replaced to change the filter).  As for bag smells, Sebo offers bag deodorizers that work reasonably well.
Replies: 14 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42