Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The make you feel sorry for me vacuum salesman

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

The make you feel sorry for me vacuum salesman
Original Message   Sep 15, 2015 10:53 am
You know ,if you don't buy this from me my life will be worthless ill be a failure. Hey buddy could you help me out and buy this 2 thousand dollar miracle life saving device{mine} and help out a guy down on his luck.The problem is that a certain percentage of people buy into this sales tactic. Can you say sucker.......................
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: The make you feel sorry for me vacuum salesman
Reply #1   Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm
D2D sales people are a little slicker than that. They try to convince you your current vacuum is missing a lot of dirt. The have an elaborate "test" to "prove" this to you. They both embarrass and gross you out. But the "test" is rigged in their favor. Whatever vacuum goes first "loses". Always. I don't care how good your present vacuum is the vacuum that goes second will always find some more dirt to pick up, "proving" the inadequacy of your current vacuum. If you want to turn the tables, tell the sales person to use their vacuum first then you will put a clean bag in yours, vacuum where they vacuumed and show them what their vacuum missed. Once they understand you know the games they play they will go away because they know at that point they aren't going to convince you to part with $2000 to $3000 of your hard earned for a vacuum cleaner.
Just

Reply #2   Oct 26, 2015 11:33 am
What's the matter Mole, are your sales down again, or is just the phase of the moon?

No I would not feel sorry for anyone coming to my house selling, be it windows, vacuums, or magazines.   If you are a good salesperson, and have a good product it should sell itself once you get in the house.  Problem now a days is people don't have the money to spend (period).    I personally would hate d2d in this economy, it would think it would be easier, and more profitable to work at a convenience store, or McDonald's.

mole

Reply #3   Aug 30, 2017 11:08 am
bump
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42