Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Partsman41953

Vacuum suggestion
Original Message   Jun 12, 2012 8:51 am
Hello, My wife has asked me to try and find a new vacuum for us but we have a unique situation. We live in a 2 story house with a laminate wood floor in our living room with tile in our kitchen and dining room. The stairs leading up to our second floor and hallway are carpet and the 3 bedrooms upstairs are carpet now but we are going to be putting wood down shortly. On top of that we have birds that make a mess. Which vacuum would you suggest would be best for us to clean up the mess from the birds along with being able to clean the carpet in the hallway and stairs? Thanks, Glenn
Replies: 5 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Vacuum suggestion
Reply #5   Nov 23, 2012 1:56 pm
Bear in mind that if you are going to go for a Miele canister vac, the S2 has a shorter power cord length than the S6 and newer S8. SEBO's D4 Premium (sadly the non-electric versions have yet to land elsewhere other than currently in Europe) has a 12 metre power cable, large dust bag capacity and electric power nozzle as standard WITH an additional hard floor brush. However, Im sure there are plenty of other canisters with just the same amount of longer cord available. There is nothing worse than constant plug hoping, especially if you have to get around a large home.
KickassVacuums

Reply #6   Dec 4, 2012 2:56 pm
The SEBO Felix is a great upright machine. It not only is very easy to carry up and down stairs thanks to its long side handle (where the hose is stored), but it also is great on hardwood and bare floors. It comes with a great parquet brush which does a fantastic job on your hardwood. Also the neck of the machine is great, it rotates 180 degrees, giving you a lot of flexibility to get under beds, couches, tables, etc. As most upright models do these days, it has an instant use suction hose as well as a nice light that will illuminate when your brush roller isn't at an optimum height to clean your floors. The brush roller can also be turned off to clean your moor delicate floors. It is fairly lightweight and is also pretty sleek looking and doesn't take up much space. I highly recommend the SEBO Felix models as far as upright vacuums are concerned.
mole

Reply #7   Dec 5, 2012 9:44 am
vacmanuk wrote:
The other alternative would be a central vac....

THIS..................
FastEddie1

Reply #8   Dec 22, 2012 10:58 am
Buy the Riccar vacuum, it is made in America for American homes. 97% of vacuums are made overseas for foreign homes. Our way of living is totally different than say for example european homes. You need a vacuum that will create a mini earthquake infront of the vacuum. Suction only clean or remove loosened dirt, embeded dirt require a v acuum capable of loosining the embeded dirt, only than the suction can tranfer the dirt from point A to Point B. Definitly a canister based on the flooring you have.
easonlin

Reply #9   Feb 28, 2014 12:48 am
Why don't you purchase amtidy robot vacuum cleaner A325? Got this for my mother who has 2 cats and 2 dogs. It is amazing how much animal hair it picks up and general dirt. Her house is very clean too. It fills up the on board dump bin every other day with animal hair and I mean it is completely full....
This message was modified Feb 28, 2014 by a moderator
TheodoreRivera

Reply #10   Jun 27, 2014 6:50 am
ShopVac is good and helpful for cleaning birds mess but another option can be iRobot Dirt Dog it is mainly designed for garage workshops so it can can pick up bolts and pieces of wood also. It is also good for hardwood flor. I think it can be perfect machine for you.
CountVacula

Reply #11   Dec 25, 2014 10:02 pm
Careful, not all Riccar and Simplicity vacuums are made in the US. The mid and low priced machines, mid and low being relative here, are still made in Korea to the best of my knowledge. Their TOL uprights and canisters are made in Missouri alongside Maytag uprights and their commercial CleanMax brand. My understanding is that as Tacony, their parent, brings new models to the market those new models will be manufactured in Missouri, but a lot of Korean built Tacony products are out there so read the label carefully. Kenmore and Panasonic have a very complete selection of canister vacs and you don't have to pay Riccar or Aerus Lux prices to get equal performance and durability. Panasonics in particular are light weight and have a tradition of having durable high powered motors. I have some 1980s vintage Panasonic Jet Flo canisters that led hard lives and in every case their motors are still quiet and strong. You could do a lot worse than to buy a used Electrolux (pre-2004 before the name change to Aerus) or Aerus Lux machine. There are some very nice professionally refurbished Electrolux and Aerus Lux canisters on the market for around the same money you would pay for a new plastic vacuum that will die long before your used Lux ever will. Yes it's used but Lux does a superb job of providing support and parts for their vintage machines. Only Kirby can match them for supporting the old iron. They have great attachments and a wonderful powered floor brush, plus one of the better pet brushes called the Sidekick 2. It is electric powered, not air powered, and digs into dirt and dog hair with gusto. Their floor brushes have no height adjustment, which seems odd at first, but in practice they don't need one. Durable timeless machines that you can buy once and use for as many decades as you want.
Replies: 5 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42