Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck may have an announcement shortly

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Original Message   Feb 19, 2011 5:06 pm
A famous German Vacuum soon to be available at your local Oreck Dealer.....Hummm.
Replies: 54 - 63 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
hoovergroover

Re: Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Reply #54   Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am
Yeah that looks like a panosonic head looks like a hoover s3670 canister for the quest. Miele Oreck combo was all the word at VDTA.
vacmanuk

Reply #55   Mar 25, 2011 8:50 am
What a pity Oreck can't make their own canisters. I know they still have the black deluxe model - the blocky rectangular one where in the U.K if you don't buy the Deluxe model, you're compromised by having no wheels and thus have to buy an optional clip on set of wheels - in my mind Oreck are the ONLY company that have this in place. If Oreck went out on a limb and produced similar canisters to what they've made like the Philips Dutch series, they'd probably do well in Europe.
CarmineD

Reply #56   Mar 25, 2011 12:53 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
What a pity Oreck can't make their own canisters. I know they still have the black deluxe model - the blocky rectangular one where in the U.K if you don't buy the Deluxe model, you're compromised by having no wheels and thus have to buy an optional clip on set of wheels - in my mind Oreck are the ONLY company that have this in place. If Oreck went out on a limb and produced similar canisters to what they've made like the Philips Dutch series, they'd probably do well in Europe.

The ORECK Ironman and Buster canisters and compact handhelds which dual with the lightweights are ORECK made.  The Ironman comes with wheels.   If I'm not mistaken, the latest HOOVERR/TTI compact cann with lightweight bagged up dual doesn't have wheels but glides/slides. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #57   Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The ORECK Ironman and Buster canisters and compact handhelds which dual with the lightweights are ORECK made.  The Ironman comes with wheels.   If I'm not mistaken, the latest HOOVERR/TTI compact cann with lightweight bagged up dual doesn't have wheels but glides/slides. 

Carmine D.

How interesting. As you know we don't have U.S Hoover in the U.K - only Vax now that they're under the TTi ownership. Which model are you referring to, Carmine? Any pics of this compact canister "bagged up dual" (whatever that means!)..?
CarmineD

Reply #58   Mar 26, 2011 10:09 pm
Hoover UH30010COM  Platinum Lightweight Bagged Upright with Canister</CENTER>
vacmanuk

Reply #59   Mar 27, 2011 8:53 am
Ah Carmine, I'm referring to canisters that are akin to Miele/Hoover. Not the kind that you purposefully carry.
CarmineD

Reply #60   Mar 27, 2011 3:53 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Ah Carmine, I'm referring to canisters that are akin to Miele/Hoover. Not the kind that you purposefully carry.

Well Vacmanuk, HOOVER refers to this model as a portable canister.   ......And ORECK calls its models like this either compact canisters and/or handhelds.  Both are used interchangeably.  It's not my terminology, but theirs and standard for the industry in the USA for the last 50 plus years.  I use what the makers/industry use and say they are. 

My feeling is wheels on such small and lightweight compact/portable canisters would make them unruly on stairwells and steps.  Both the HOOVER and ORECK, after which HOOVER copied, have shoulder straps for these compact/portable canisters.  At 5-7 pounds typically, they are made to easily glide/slide and/or be used over the shoulder and/or sit sideways on the steps.  Wheels would add unnecessary weight and defeat the purposes for which they are designed and function.  IMHO

Carmine D.

PS:  When I say HOOVER copied ORECK I refer to the lightweight with compact canister sold as dual team vacuums.  Clearly this combo is an ORECK marketing strategy that HOOVER/TTI copied.  HOOVER for many years was absent from the lightweight upright vacuum market chosing instead to source its solo sold 8 pound Ultra lightweight upright vacuum to RICCAR/Simplicity under the HOOVER brand name. 

This message was modified Mar 27, 2011 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #61   Mar 27, 2011 4:00 pm
An aside on the commentary about ORECK and full sized canns.  Not really the ORECK venue.  Lightweight uprights and compact canisters are ORECK's claim to fame.  Recall MIELE didn't make and market its own uprights for over 75 years.  ORECK just as soon not produce full size canisters for USA consumption let alone Euro market which is flooded with canisters.

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #62   Mar 28, 2011 1:29 pm
CarmineD wrote:
 MSRP $400  Quest is Pano made in China. 

Carmine D.

Are you kidding?  Where are you getting your info?  I am sure you just run down to the nearest ORECK center and ask.  Just because they work there, does not mean they know.  I happen to know who makes this new vacuum cleaner.  ORECK sources alot of their models from different sources(not including XL & BB).
CarmineD

Reply #63   Mar 28, 2011 2:56 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Are you kidding?  Where are you getting your info?  I am sure you just run down to the nearest ORECK center and ask.  Just because they work there, does not mean they know.  I happen to know who makes this new vacuum cleaner.  ORECK sources alot of their models from different sources(not including XL & BB).

As I recall there was a discussion that the Quest was BOSCH made.  I added my info that it is Pano made.  If you know, then post it. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 54 - 63 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42