Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Who makes Kenmore canisters now?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Who makes Kenmore canisters now?
Original Message   Jul 2, 2010 1:18 am
Is it TTI or still Panasonic?
Replies: 36 - 45 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Who makes Kenmore canisters now?
Reply #36   Feb 16, 2011 3:41 pm
procare wrote:
In answer to the question as to whetther Aerus (formerly Electrolux )made the Powermate Jr or not. The answer is no. They made their own.  Kenmore has always come out 6 months to a year after Electrolux  with a power nozzle and powermate jr. Kenmore's powermate came out with the toothed belt in 1960 and the Electrolux was ready in 1959 on the AF.  When we came out with the Sidekick we had it adaptable to  Kenmore, Eureka and Hoover.

Procare

Hi procare,

What I'd like to pinpoint is the time that Kenmore came out with its first power nozzles.  The initial PN was a cast aluminum, 10 or 11-inch wide deal with two wheels at its rear and a standard flat belt.  Whirlpool (Kenmore's source), Interstate Compact and a few other brands shared this style for a time.  Kenmore (90 series model)  eventually went for a fancier, sleeker looking L-shaped version.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #37   Mar 28, 2011 8:21 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Hertz;

LG barely has a foot in the door w/Kenmore vacuum cleaners.  Panasonic makes a majority of the Kenmore vacuum cleaner line.  There are two other makers for the Kenmore line. 

Hello Mike W.:

Since you are in the know, and a fan of panasonic, and we have established above and elsewhere that panasonic [Japan] has made vacuums for Sears since 1990, and in early 2008 Sears also sourced to TTI-HOOVER-DD in China to make vacuums, what will pano and SEARS do now with the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the nuclear disaster that followed.

Carmine D.

PS:  I knew ..."the pano made in China Quest" would set you off, but I needed a way to get your attention.  Surprised it took you so long. 

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #38   Mar 29, 2011 2:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Mike W.:

Since you are in the know, and a fan of panasonic, and we have established above and elsewhere that panasonic [Japan] has made vacuums for Sears since 1990, and in early 2008 Sears also sourced to TTI-HOOVER-DD in China to make vacuums, what will pano and SEARS do now with the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the nuclear disaster that followed.

Carmine D.

PS:  I knew ..."the pano made in China Quest" would set you off, but I needed a way to get your attention.  Surprised it took you so long. 

My "vac phone" to Sears or Panasonic has not rung.  I tend to not post if I do not know, 

"Panasonic [Japan]" does not make vacuums for Sears.  Panasonic Home Appliances of North America and Panasonic Home Appliances de Mexico does, however.  Moreso  Mexico.  We  do not get Sears vacuum cleaners from Japan.  There is one vacuum cleaner that is made in China.  Panasonic is global.  They have suppliers in different countries. 

Sure, Carmine.  You got my attention.  Yeah, right!  Sure! Anything you say, Carmine!   There are some other threads also, where you got my attention.  You are too good!
CarmineD

Reply #39   Mar 29, 2011 7:06 am
Mike_W wrote:
My "vac phone" to Sears or Panasonic has not rung.  I tend to not post if I do not know, 

"Panasonic [Japan]" does not make vacuums for Sears.  Panasonic Home Appliances of North America and Panasonic Home Appliances de Mexico does, however.  Moreso  Mexico.  We  do not get Sears vacuum cleaners from Japan.  There is one vacuum cleaner that is made in China.  Panasonic is global.  They have suppliers in different countries. 

Sure, Carmine.  You got my attention.  Yeah, right!  Sure! Anything you say, Carmine!   There are some other threads also, where you got my attention.  You are too good!

You must be talking about the 'former" Whirlpool plants in Kentucky and Mexico that made panos for SEARS?  Is that right?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 29, 2011 by CarmineD
Moderator Mike_W

Reply #40   Mar 29, 2011 4:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You must be talking about the 'former" Whirlpool plants in Kentucky and Mexico that made panos for SEARS?  Is that right?

Carmine D.

No Carmine, I am talking about the former Whirlpool plant in KY and the Panasonic plant in Mexico. 

What are  you getting at?  You know I know all about Whirlpool history of vacuum cleaners.  The last time I posted was in reply to Venson, on this forum.  Remember?  He asked about some history.  I am sure there are some others who remember.
This message was modified Mar 29, 2011 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #41   Mar 29, 2011 7:16 pm
Mike_W wrote:
No Carmine, I am talking about the former Whirlpool plant in KY and the Panasonic plant in Mexico. 

What are  you getting at?  You know I know all about Whirlpool history of vacuum cleaners.  The last time I posted was in reply to Venson, on this forum.  Remember?  He asked about some history.  I am sure there are some others who remember.

I'll take your word for it Mike, since you are the expert in Whirlpool history of vacuums.  Thank you.

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #42   Mar 30, 2011 7:39 am
Mike_W wrote:

Hello Mike W.:

How about vacuum parts and supplies for panos/SEARS?  Any made in Japan?

As of yesterday, almost ALL Japanese auto production and the large majority of auto parts and suppliers have closed down [no date for restarting].  We have already seen and heard that Ford Motor in Detroit is telling its customers that they can't order tuxedo black finish vehicles due to the earthquake/tsunami.  And to make matters worse the International Monetary Fund said Japan was at the brink of a financial tsunami due to its enormous debt BEFORE the latest tragic and sad events. 

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

Reply #43   Mar 30, 2011 2:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Mike W.:

How about vacuum parts and supplies for panos/SEARS?  Any made in Japan?

As of yesterday, almost ALL Japanese auto production and the large majority of auto parts and suppliers have closed down [no date for restarting].  We have already seen and heard that Ford Motor in Detroit is telling its customers that they can't order tuxedo black finish vehicles due to the earthquake/tsunami.  And to make matters worse the International Monetary Fund said Japan was at the brink of a financial tsunami due to its enormous debt BEFORE the latest tragic and sad events. 

Carmine D.

Why not do a search and find out.  Know where their facilities are located. Panasonic was spared more than some other companies.  You would then find out which Pana factories were damaged, where and what they produced.  You check out Business Week, WSJ, etc. more than me, as I have pointed out before.  Some of that stuff you are writing has been on the nightly news since the disaster. 

Actually, before you brought this thread up yesterday, last time I posted was before the disaster in Japan.  And it was not about the disaster or parts.  So, what is it you are having a problem with?
CarmineD

Reply #44   Mar 30, 2011 3:46 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Why not do a search and find out.  Know where their facilities are located. Panasonic was spared more than some other companies.  You would then find out which Pana factories were damaged, where and what they produced.  You check out Business Week, WSJ, etc. more than me, as I have pointed out before.  Some of that stuff you are writing has been on the nightly news since the disaster. 

Actually, before you brought this thread up yesterday, last time I posted was before the disaster in Japan.  And it was not about the disaster or parts.  So, what is it you are having a problem with?

So, who's not answering questions now Mike W.?

Unlike me who is not in the know, you're the expert Mike W. as you like to say and tell us here.  Always anxious to get your lucid perspective on these matters that you have expertise in and on. 

Don't assume BTW, that I haven't done my homework and researched already.  As I said, don't jump to conclusions that are flat out wrong as you are prone to do. 

BTW, you may want to check those phones to SEARS and Panasonic and make sure they are working.   

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

Reply #45   Mar 31, 2011 4:28 am
CarmineD wrote:

So, who's not answering questions now Mike W.?

Unlike me who is not in the know, you're the expert Mike W. as you like to say and tell us here.  Always anxious to get your lucid perspective on these matters that you have expertise in and on. 

Don't assume BTW, that I haven't done my homework and researched already.  As I said, don't jump to conclusions that are flat out wrong as you are prone to do. 

BTW, you may want to check those phones to SEARS and Panasonic and make sure they are working.   

Carmine D.

Carmine, as you and others can read, on this thread,  I made comments like

Mike_W wrote:

I also said, "I tend to not post if I do not know". 

You see, I am not going to fill up space just talking  assumptions.  I did not come back to this thread to talk about the earthquake.  You are the one who got me to talk about this subject of Panasonic/Kenmore/earthquake. Now think about when I make comments to you.  You have already made comments w/o my help.  Maybe you should not say anything and see what happens.  Try it. 

What you should have done was come back to this thread and told me I was wrong about the comments I made a while back.  "No Mike, LG TTI, and the others do not make vacuum cleaners for Sears." But I would have to be wrong about it.   I do believe someone even made a positive remark to my chiming in.

As for the "expert" thing, well you told me and many others, on the previous forum, to this one, and I think ivacuumcleaners.com also that I was an expert and that I was quite knowledgeable. 
Replies: 36 - 45 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42