Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > One more use for your vacuum . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

One more use for your vacuum . . .
Original Message   Jan 27, 2011 10:15 am
It's going to be a day of firsts for me it appears.  We had a "thundersnow" (snowstorm with thunder and lightning), something I've never seen happen before, AND I just came across this article in my daily vacum news updates . . .

Definitely don't try this at home but -- moth flies into man's ear.  Man get his household vacuum, a Dyson I think (see picture in article), and tries to suck the bug out of his ear.  He gives up and goes to the hospital where doctors use a surgical vacuum to rout the moth.  What was the name of the vacuum the surgeons used?  I don't know. Should we think about buying one? If it can deep clean, maybe.  Will the incident spur some vacuum maker to dash for the drawing board and come up with an optional moth-in-the-ear removal tool?  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

http://swns.com/man-tried-to-remove-moth-from-ear-using-vacuum-cleaner-271056.html

Venson

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Just

Re: One more use for your vacuum . . .
Reply #1   Jan 27, 2011 10:59 am
Audiologically speaking, please, please, please DO NOT use a strong vacuum in/on/or around your ear or ear canal. 

The rapid and strong suction can rupture your tympanic membrane (ear drum).  One would be much better off with a pair of tweezers and some rubbing alcohol.

Venson

Reply #2   Jan 27, 2011 11:07 am
Just wrote:
Audiologically speaking, please, please, please DO NOT use a strong vacuum in/on/or around your ear or ear canal. 

The rapid and strong suction can rupture your tympanic membrane (ear drum).  One would be much better off with a pair of tweezers and some rubbing alcohol.

Thanks Just.  I thoroughly agree.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #3   Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Venson wrote:
It's going to be a day of firsts for me it appears.  We had a "thundersnow" (snowstorm with thunder and lightning), something I've never seen happen before, AND I just came across this article in my daily vacum news updates . . .

Definitely don't try this at home but -- moth flies into man's ear.  Man get his household vacuum, a Dyson I think (see picture in article), and tries to suck the bug out of his ear.  He gives up and goes to the hospital where doctors use a surgical vacuum to rout the moth.  What was the name of the vacuum the surgeons used?  I don't know. Should we think about buying one? If it can deep clean, maybe.  Will the incident spur some vacuum maker to dash for the drawing board and come up with an optional moth-in-the-ear removal tool?  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

http://swns.com/man-tried-to-remove-moth-from-ear-using-vacuum-cleaner-271056.html

Venson

Hi Venson:

Scarry incident.  I believe the instrument/machine used probably similates the bendable suction tube dentists and/or oral hygienists use to suction out excess saliva from patients' mouths during dental work.

Carmine D.

Pophopekins

Reply #4   Feb 7, 2011 6:31 pm
Hi,

the doctors are reduce the preset values of vacuum then use it for the surgical purpose.Which will not make harm to the patient.

This message was modified Feb 7, 2011 by Pophopekins
Venson

Reply #5   Feb 7, 2011 10:15 pm
Pophopekins wrote:
Hi,

the doctors are reduce the preset values of vacuum then use it for the surgical purpose.Which will not make harm to the patient.

Thanks Pophopekins.

Venson

Venson

Reply #6   Feb 10, 2011 9:01 am
And now to list or rather, relist, another stupid use for your vacuum cleaner.  Everyone knows that gasoline is a highly combustible substance and for that reason I will never understand why there's always some fool who'll try to use a vacuum to syphon gas from an automotive venicle.  Here's a link to an accounting of yet another unfortunate attempt.  The bright side is that this man was not hurt.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13999802

I can imagine all sorts reasons calling for someone to drain a car's gas tank but what about safety?  There are actually inexpensive kits for this kind of thing that make the job easy and also ensure safety.  PLease note that it is illegal to syphon gas from any vehicle other than your own.

http://www.jrgraham.com/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=79650&itm_index=4&parentCtg=7196752&gclid=COD-kKDc_aYCFUbf4AodhCeYYw

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #7   Feb 10, 2011 2:23 pm
Venson wrote:
And now to list or rather, relist, another stupid use for your vacuum cleaner.  Everyone knows that gasoline is a highly combustible substance and for that reason I will never understand why there's always some fool who'll try to use a vacuum to syphon gas from an automotive venicle.  Here's a link to an accounting of yet another unfortunate attempt.  The bright side is that this man was not hurt.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13999802

I can imagine all sorts reasons calling for someone to drain a car's gas tank but what about safety?  There are actually inexpensive kits for this kind of thing that make the job easy and also ensure safety.  PLease note that it is illegal to syphon gas from any vehicle other than your own.

http://www.jrgraham.com/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=79650&itm_index=4&parentCtg=7196752&gclid=COD-kKDc_aYCFUbf4AodhCeYYw

Venson

Hi Venson:

Bet it wasn't a Rexair/Rainbow!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #8   Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Bet it wasn't a Rexair/Rainbow!

Carmine D.

My oh my, had it been, it would have gone off like an atom bomb.  To think they claim wet dust can't fly.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 11, 2011 7:08 am
Venson wrote:
My oh my, had it been, it would have gone off like an atom bomb.  To think they claim wet dust can't fly.

Venson

Going, going, gone!

Carmine D.

adamlau

Reply #10   Mar 19, 2011 5:11 pm
Definitely avoid the ear. I learned the hard way after cleaning up stray heade hair after a good buzzing...

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42