Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > vintage vacuum manuals

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

vintage vacuum manuals
Original Message   Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm
Here is a manual of an Electrolux 1205

pg 1

Replies: 9 - 18 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
hooverman

Re: vintage vacuum manuals
Reply #9   Jan 10, 2011 9:12 pm
pg 10

This message was modified Jan 10, 2011 by hooverman
hooverman

Reply #10   Jan 10, 2011 9:14 pm
pg 11

hooverman

Reply #11   Jan 10, 2011 9:14 pm
Back cover

hooverman

Reply #12   Jan 10, 2011 9:17 pm
my Electrolux collection--nice 2 have the 1205-era Lux scrubber, 1205 & L

vacmanuk

Reply #13   Jan 10, 2011 10:22 pm
Wow - well done for supplying the manual! I just adore the colours!
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #14   Jan 11, 2011 3:07 am
Well "Eric",
It looks like you are going to continue to make this a vacuum cleaner collectors club.  While a vacuum cleaner "enthusiast" can get warm and fuzzy at the site of a vintage manual, that is not what this forum is about..  No one even asked for the manual.  If someone needed one, they can ask, then someone can privately email a copy.

Mike W.
CarmineD

Reply #15   Jan 11, 2011 7:57 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Wow - well done for supplying the manual! I just adore the colours!

Hello vacmanuk:

The turquoise color of these vintage luxes was first used by GE in the early 50's on the Roll Easy horizontal cylinder vacuum.  The color was inspired by Freda Diamond, a fashion color authority at the time.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #16   Jan 11, 2011 12:12 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Well "Eric",
It looks like you are going to continue to make this a vacuum cleaner collectors club.  While a vacuum cleaner "enthusiast" can get warm and fuzzy at the site of a vintage manual, that is not what this forum is about..  No one even asked for the manual.  If someone needed one, they can ask, then someone can privately email a copy.

Mike W.

A little harsh Mike...no? Bad Day? I for one welcome any info about vacs & the business. I have the ability to open posts or not, I don't see any problem.
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #17   Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
A little harsh Mike...no? Bad Day? I for one welcome any info about vacs & the business. I have the ability to open posts or not, I don't see any problem.

No.  Of course you see no problem.

Leave things to the moderator please.  You have no idea about the issues involved behind the scenes.  You do not know the history of some of the posters here.  You have no idea where some have come from. You have no idea why someone would do what they do.

Have you wondered why someone would post a picture of three appliances as their own, when in actuality, it is not.  The pictures were taken , in someone else's home, from a website/club they dislike.  I contacted the original collector  yesterday and received confirmation this morning.  There are other things going on beyond this thread.

Leave the workings of this site to the administration.  This site has a particular purpose and direction.  It is the job of the Moderator to try to keep the forum going in that direction and maintain its purpose. 

Lucky1, if you are that interested in being a part of a vacuum cleaner collectors club, I can think of two off the top of my head.  Plus, there are numerous Yahoo groups, I am sure.  Why not put up the money and start your own forum.

This is not up for discussion.  If you, or anyone else have an issue, you can email me.

Mike W.
This message was modified Jan 11, 2011 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #18   Jan 11, 2011 9:40 pm
Lucky1 wrote:

Hello Lucky1:

I have no interest in joining vacuum collectors' clubs.  Never have and never will.  But I do like to read about vacuums and especially the vacuum business.  You sir provide both here and I enjoy reading your posts.  So please continue  to do so and keep it up.

Carmine D. 

Replies: 9 - 18 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42