Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics KompressorŽ Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented KompressorŽ technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 67 - 76 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #67   Nov 15, 2010 3:28 pm
Venson wrote:
Mornin" Carmine,

I sincerely hope so though I'm beginning to wonder if the vacs would fare better in venues that mainly feature LG large appliances too or indie vac dealers where more focus could be placed on them. I was in a rather pleasant part of the world yesterday where LG was big on the bill and got to witness several couples being easily convinced, in one fell swoop no less, to drop several grand on LG ranges, fridges, washing machines and dishwashers.

However, despite the community's seeming moneyed air, when it got down to vacuums those with real intent to buy were looking at the Shark Ultralite stick vac (started out with a high price last year but can barely be given away for forty bucks now) and $50 Dirt Devils. However, no price was too small for LED TVs.

By the way, someone stated that Black Friday sales are actually a minus in regard to business. He claimed that a lot is sold below cost and, in consideration of what it costs to run the store for the day, there is no profit. I'm not a salesman but he is so I'm curious to know if his feeling is well-founded.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

Major applainces are still status symbols for buyers.  Vacuums, not so much.

On Black Friday: Profit/Loss?  Semantics and perspective.  It's commonly believed that all workers' earnings from January to May go to Uncle for taxes: Federal, state, and local.  Might be true but not from every paycheck, just in total at the end of the pay year after all is said and done.  So it is with retailers.  Typically all the profits earned through the 11 month of the year go to pay for inventory, overhead, employee salaries, benefits and administartive expenses.  After that time, everything made is clear profit [gravy] to the retailers and/or loss IF retailers don't have a handle on their yearly costs and expenses.  Any events/unforeseen incidents that interrupt this flow of business are usually dire.  Hence, a prolonged and unexpected labor strikes, store closures due to natural disasters and/or fires can kill the retailers' bottom line for the year.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #68   Nov 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Hi Venson:

You may know this already but it was news for me today.  LG plans to offer 10% cash rebates on appliances purchased now thru Christmas eve.  LG funds the cash rebate directly to the retailers so there is no profit margin loss for the stores.  LG, and I suspect other makers, will offer to a numder of the retailers who carry and sell their products.  This is a repeat of last year's where the same was offered in the 4th quarter by makers to increase appliance sales for the Holidays.  Which typically aren't Christmas gifts.  Worked last year at Lowe's and Home Depot.  Think it will work again this year.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #69   Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am
CarmineD wrote:
Fry's Electronics is selling the LGV200, model with 30 ft cord rewind for $199.

Carmine D.

SEARS is advertising and selling this LG for $199 on Thanksgiving Day and Friday after.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #70   Nov 25, 2010 2:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:
SEARS is advertising and selling this LG for $199 on Thanksgiving Day and Friday after.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Yes, I saw it the other day. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Sears usually asks more than $320.00.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #71   Nov 26, 2010 7:40 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Yes, I saw it the other day. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Sears usually asks more than $320.00.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Then SEARS sellng new DC14 for $219, a 50 percent discount, must have knocked you out!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #72   Nov 26, 2010 8:41 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Then SEARS sellng new DC14 for $219, a 50 percent discount, must have knocked you out!

Carmine D.

Hiya,

Hiya,

You bet it astounds me. I still can't get my head around why Sears just doesn't adjust its everyday prices to more attractive levels. However in regard to the DC14, maybe they are merely trying to deplete their stock for that model? They're carrying the DC28 and other more current standard and ball models.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #73   Nov 26, 2010 8:56 am
Venson wrote:
Hiya,

Hiya,

You bet it astounds me. I still can't get my head around why Sears just doesn't adjust its everyday prices to more attractive levels. However in regard to the DC14, maybe they are merely trying to deplete their stock for that model? They're carrying the DC28 and other more current standard and ball models.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Yes indeed.  Lowes selling dysons at 30 percent off of MSRP.  Bed Bath and Beyond at 25 percent off.  DC24 at $ $299.  DC25 Animal $399.  DC28 $449.  If I recall correctly so is Target at 35 percent off.  How low can they go!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #74   Dec 3, 2010 8:40 am
Carmine, et al, You're gonna love this. Madison Avenue big gun Young & Rubicam has picked up the gauntlet on behalf of the LG Kompressor vacs. http://www.adweek.com/aw/creative/ad-of-the-day/article_display.jsp?creativeId=274770 Venson
CarmineD

Reply #75   Dec 3, 2010 8:49 am
Venson wrote:
Carmine, et al, You're gonna love this. Madison Avenue big gun Young & Rubicam has picked up the gauntlet on behalf of the LG Kompressor vacs. http://www.adweek.com/aw/creative/ad-of-the-day/article_display.jsp?creativeId=274770 Venson

I luv it!  Beats the king size bed bugs one bagless maker use to use years ago.  My 4 grand daughters will enjoy this video too.

BTW, I note that most big box retailers are selling the LG 300-B for $350 before discounts.  A decent price.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #76   Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm
LG Web Site is updated with all 3 uprights: 200, 300 and 400. 

http://www.lg.com/us/vacuum/index.jsp?s_kwcid=TC|14107|vacuum%20ratings|www.abbysguide.com|C|b|7115294384

Carmine D.

Replies: 67 - 76 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42