Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics Kompressor® Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented Kompressor® technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 54 - 63 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #54   Oct 9, 2010 9:56 pm
CarmineD wrote:
November 2010 Consumer Reports rates and ranks the latest from LG in uprights and surprise they score fairly well with overall totals of 65 for the LuV200 and 67 for the LuV300.  Carpet and pet hair cleaning scores are Very Good but tool suction for the LuV300 only scores Average.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I know, I browsed CR online and was pleased to learn they'd done well. They are quite good vacuums as far as suction power and cleaning ability go. 

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #55   Oct 10, 2010 8:02 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I know, I browsed CR online and was pleased to learn they'd done well. They are quite good vacuums as far as suction power and cleaning ability go. 

Venson

Hello Venson:

Do you think in time and after pending patents expire that other bagless brands will copy the LG "compression" feature?  Consumer Reports was rather neutral on the benefits of the feature but at least highligted this LG feature as a major difference over other bagless brands. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #56   Oct 11, 2010 5:35 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Do you think in time and after pending patents expire that other bagless brands will copy the LG "compression" feature?  Consumer Reports was rather neutral on the benefits of the feature but at least highligted this LG feature as a major difference over other bagless brands. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

It's hard to say.  How well the system -- vertical cyclone and the "wiper blade for compacting dirt -- actually works.could prove to be debatable.  A while back I posted links to a video or two re earlier Kompressor models that sort of made the grade but not as perfectly as ads and claims may have stated.  From what I've seen this system does help keep collected demo material-- confetti, kapok and coffee grounds -- toward the back of the collection bin but that kind of material makes for a loose pack, possibly not allowing a chance to view the full effect.  "Real dirt" is different.

From what I've seen people are thinking on how well the cleaners pick up, their  weight and pricing.  The possible larger collection capacity and longer cleaning time between emptyings is what they find equally interesting.  The crucial point is how they will perform -- and survive -- for over-zealous or neglectful users that take the claims to heart.  In other words, compared to others, how long will LG's machine last when compromised by user preference day to day?

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #57   Oct 11, 2010 8:09 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

It's hard to say.  How well the system -- vertical cyclone and the "wiper blade for compacting dirt -- actually works.could prove to be debatable.  A while back I posted links to a video or two re earlier Kompressor models that sort of made the grade but not as perfectly as ads and claims may have stated.  From what I've seen this system does help keep collected demo material-- confetti, kapok and coffee grounds -- toward the back of the collection bin but that kind of material makes for a loose pack, possibly not allowing a chance to view the full effect.  "Real dirt" is different.

From what I've seen people are thinking on how well the cleaners pick up, their  weight and pricing.  The possible larger collection capacity and longer cleaning time between emptyings is what they find equally interesting.  The crucial point is how they will perform -- and survive -- for over-zealous or neglectful users that take the claims to heart.  In other words, compared to others, how long will LG's machine last when compromised by user preference day to day?

Venson

Hi Venson:

Well said and true.  The test of time.  Those that survive and flourish, pass and continue to be part of the CR reviews and ratings.  Like MIELE.  Like KIRBY.  Like Aerus.  Those that don't, die off and are forgotten.  Like Fantom. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #58   Oct 19, 2010 9:02 am
Hi Venson:

SEARS launched the latest LG Kompressor 400 this past week with and an advertised price of $399.  However, the newspaper ad has the caveats that the listed price is before in store savings and before a 5 percent discount if purchased by SEARS cfredit card.  Looks like SEARS and LG are together once again.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #59   Oct 20, 2010 7:10 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

SEARS launched the latest LG Kompressor 400 this past week with and an advertised price of $399.  However, the newspaper ad has the caveats that the listed price is before in store savings and before a 5 percent discount if purchased by SEARS cfredit card.  Looks like SEARS and LG are together once again.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Maybe, maybe not.  Pricing seems to be going every which-way.  I went online to check it out.  I don't know if online Sears sites are several in number and set up for region or if one site serves for all.  From what I saw, the LG 200 and 300 have finally  been dropped to what I thought were the manufacturer's suggested prices -- $299 and $399 respectively.  However, the 400 model has been upped from $522 I've seen in Sears stores to $549.  See link to LG below.

http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/vacuum-cleaners/index.jsp

Venson
This message was modified Oct 20, 2010 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #60   Oct 20, 2010 8:54 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Maybe, maybe not.  Pricing seems to be going every which-way.  I went online to check it out.  I don't know if online Sears sites are several in number and set up for region or if one site serves for all.  From what I saw, the LG 200 and 300 have finally  been dropped to what I thought were the manufacturer's suggested prices -- $299 and $399 respectively.  However, the 400 model has been upped from $522 I've seen in Sears stores to $549.  See link to LG below.

http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/vacuum-cleaners/index.jsp

Venson

Hi Venson:

You know better than me.  Is it likely that big box retail stores are pricing vacuums better in the store than on line to get more foot traffic, especially with the upcoming holiday sales season?

Carmine D. 

Venson

Reply #61   Oct 20, 2010 9:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

You know better than me.  Is it likely that big box retail stores are pricing vacuums better in the store than on line to get more foot traffic, especially with the upcoming holiday sales season?

Carmine D. 

Hi Carmine,

Well-known "black Friday" is soon to come and will probably tell the story re holiday shopping this year.  I've seen a lot of optimism but I've also seen of people still looking for work.  And even with those who are woking and maybe even with the so-called middle-class and its gung-ho shopping traits due to easy credit access slipping away here, it seems that asking for $250 to $350 is like asking folks to invest $1,,500 on a Kirby or Aerus. 

What retailers need to learn is how to take a new tack.  You really have to explain to someone the value of sacrificing the price of a couple weeks worth of groceries or what you could have paid out to your utilities provider for just a vacuum cleaner.  We're not dirt-poor but becoming extremely judicious as to what we spend on.  Andf, these days its totally necessary. 

Personally, I don't like but accept the way things stand these days.  What you paid $49.95 for in yester-year you pay 500 bucks for now.  Junk factor in mind, even I am prone to go the extra mile in price and sacrifice something else if I feel the product will be worth it.  Yet what I'm seeing is no matter whether warranties are 5 years, 10 or 20, "buying ahead" is not a great point of interest to a lot of current shoppers. I went to the Bissell website for pricing examples and discovered that out of many models only two priced above the $200 mark. and that appears to be what people seem to make themselves content with in light of limited or no demo facilities. Imagine, can't turn a vacuum on just to see if you like the noise level yet its the Bissells and inexpensive Hoovers that you see being walked out of stores more than anything else.   .

As you know, the stores are making money off their so-called "extended service plans".  (And to think I thought people were actually becoming resistant to the idea.) You pay extra money and when the product dies in a year or so you go back to the store and get another one or its equivalent. What spells cheap product better? Nonetheless, the more youu extoll teh value of a long warranty, the more you learn uit falls on deaf ears.  If it really is an ill wind that bears no good, maybe this will benefit the indies.  You can at least walk in and kick the tires on what you want before buying.

CarmineD

Reply #62   Oct 21, 2010 8:43 am
Hi Venson:

You're right about the indicator for sales after Thanksgiving: Black Friday so known due to the fact that retailers break even for the year/go ahead.  And cyber Monday too [Monday after Thnaksgiving] for internet sales.  While there havee been glimmers of hope for sales and consumer spending, I think its too soon to tell, as you say.  Some of the market gurus are actually attributing the recent market gains to the fact that investors are optimistic about a Republican landslide in the mid terms giving more credence to certainty in the markets.  I don't completely buy into this idea, but I think there is a seed of truth to it.  The DOW is a complilation of 30 stocks only not a good indicator for the overall business and economy.  Just Wall Street as I like to say, not Main Street.  Time will tell.  Realistically unemployment and housing are the two hurdles weighing the recovery down.  I don't see these getting better until they both first get worse.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #63   Nov 13, 2010 7:51 am
Fry's Electronics is selling the LGV200, model with 30 ft cord rewind for $199.

Carmine D.

Replies: 54 - 63 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42