Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics Kompressor® Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented Kompressor® technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 43 - 52 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #43   Sep 24, 2010 8:24 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi,

Not at all!  I have no problems with loose thread, long tresses or pet fur mucking up the works with my vacuums but many do.  Thus maintenance should be simple.  And . . . if an owner hopefully has his or her machine for a good amount of time and feels a brushroll change is in order that should be simple too.  Other than to buy the replacement piece, there should be no need for a run to a vac shop over the matter.

As for the auto-shutoff for brushrolls -- it should be a given in any clean-air upright vacuum.  Long hair, thread, etc., will usually not stop a brushroll.  The unseen sock, kid's toy, fringe on rugs or the edge of a scatter rug will.

Venson

Well, that's why there's a reset button on the Vax floor head - any fringes etc, kid's toys. I think sometimes though as an owner logic has to take over. Owners after all dont put rocks in their washing machine, or towels in their dishwasher!
Venson

Reply #44   Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Well, that's why there's a reset button on the Vax floor head - any fringes etc, kid's toys. I think sometimes though as an owner logic has to take over. Owners after all dont put rocks in their washing machine, or towels in their dishwasher!

Never underestimate user "ingenuity".  There was once a cookbook composed of recipes that could be cooked (wrapped in foil of course) in your dishwasher as you ran a load of dishes.  I've made tea and grilled cheese sandwiches with a travel iron.  But that's not the issue.  My point is that this sudden trend for having to bring a vacuum back to a shop over what should be small issues is needless.  Burned out carbon motor brushes, short circuits, breakage all are more in order for shop visits but belt and brushrool replace or management should never be.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #45   Sep 26, 2010 7:59 am
User vacuum maintenance wrt brush roll and belt is a double sided coin.  It doesn't aid IMHO in the initial sale of the vacuum but allows for longevity of product use.  To be user friendly, the product must first allow for easy access to the parts and easy replacement.   More importantly the parts, brush roll and belts, must be affordable and readily available to users.  Both [easily accomplished and readily available at affordable prices] are needed if the brand/model is to be owned/used by homeowners for the long haul. 

Some brands/models warn users up front not to tackle replacement although they may make access easy.  They advise seeing an authorized dealer.  Other brands/models clearly show users "how to" but may use 4-6 standard screws for the job to get done.  In the final analysis, if the parts are inexpensive and available, and users are so inclined they will go with doing the replacement themselves regardless of the screws, clips, and/or both.  I lean toward the latter for product longevity and usage for the long haul.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #46   Sep 26, 2010 8:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
User vacuum maintenance wrt brush roll and belt is a double sided coin.  It doesn't aid IMHO in the initial sale of the vacuum but allows for longevity of product use.  To be user friendly, the product must first allow for easy access to the parts and easy replacement.   More importantly the parts, brush roll and belts, must be affordable and readily available to users.  Both [easily accomplished and readily available at affordable prices] are needed if the brand/model is to be owned/used by homeowners for the long haul. 

Some brands/models warn users up front not to tackle replacement although they may make access easy.  They advise seeing an authorized dealer.  Other brands/models clearly show users "how to" but may use 4-6 standard screws for the job to get done.  In the final analysis, if the parts are inexpensive and available, and users are so inclined they will go with doing the replacement themselves regardless of the screws, clips, and/or both.  I lean toward the latter for product longevity and usage for the long haul.

Carmine D.

I agree with you on some points Carmine, but I don't feel paying top dollar for the parts has to be an issue or indeed making things affordable. If companies are out to make a quick buck then most of their products will reflect that not just in inaccessible areas that other brands have always put to the top of their list (SEBO being one I can strongly identify with) but with the general build quality and sometimes even the design of the product in question. As you say it is a "double sided coin," where maintenance is concerned, but as buyers we can't specify down to the iota what "affordable" is. I've been down this route with you before, remember the cost of Oreck bags in the U.K? Yes, it is a poor exchange rate from U.S to U.K currency / vice versa but when you look at prices in the U.S for SEBO products or even Miele, I'd say you guys get the raw deal compared to cheaper UK prices. The upside is that the U.S seems to get a better array of vacuum cleaners generally - and yes I've often thought about moving to the U.S!!
CarmineD

Reply #47   Sep 26, 2010 5:05 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
I agree with you on some points Carmine, but I don't feel paying top dollar for the parts has to be an issue or indeed making things affordable. If companies are out to make a quick buck then most of their products will reflect that not just in inaccessible areas that other brands have always put to the top of their list (SEBO being one I can strongly identify with) but with the general build quality and sometimes even the design of the product in question. As you say it is a "double sided coin," where maintenance is concerned, but as buyers we can't specify down to the iota what "affordable" is. I've been down this route with you before, remember the cost of Oreck bags in the U.K? Yes, it is a poor exchange rate from U.S to U.K currency / vice versa but when you look at prices in the U.S for SEBO products or even Miele, I'd say you guys get the raw deal compared to cheaper UK prices. The upside is that the U.S seems to get a better array of vacuum cleaners generally - and yes I've often thought about moving to the U.S!!

Hi vacmanuk:

Plus the transportation costs to ship the ORECK bags over the pond to the UK.  The second most expensive cost for appliances, after the actual raw materials to make them, is the transportations and shipping costs to get them to market.

Now is a very good time to move to the US.  Housing is the most affordable it's been in almost 50 years and the rates on mortgages are the lowest in over 30 years. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #48   Oct 6, 2010 3:20 pm
The Kompressor series has a new model that I've just seen at a nearby Sears.  It's the LuV400T.  It's basically the same as the blue LuV330B but is now color-schemed an authoritarianly efficient looking basic  black with chrome acents.  A bare floor tool, mattress tool which I think vibrates and an extra-flexible crevice tool with carrying case.

Say goodnight gracie . . .

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #49   Oct 6, 2010 4:55 pm
Venson wrote:
The Kompressor series has a new model that I've just seen at a nearby Sears.  It's the LuV400T.  It's basically the same as the blue LuV330B but is now color-schemed an authoritarianly efficient looking basic  black with chrome acents.  A bare floor tool, mattress tool which I think vibrates and an extra-flexible crevice tool with carrying case.

Say goodnight gracie . . .

Venson

Good night Gracie.  Looks like LG is here to stay awhile.  With some neat ideas.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #50   Oct 8, 2010 7:29 am
Venson:

Has LG and its retailers lowered the price on the TOL model from $399 to $318 before discounts?  I see the lower prices advertised now and figure its to make way for the latest and greatest from LG.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #51   Oct 8, 2010 11:36 am
CarmineD wrote:
Venson:

Has LG and its retailers lowered the price on the TOL model from $399 to $318 before discounts?  I see the lower prices advertised now and figure its to make way for the latest and greatest from LG.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

It appears that retailers are leaning on their individual discretion in regard to pricing despite whatever LG or any manufacturer may suggest.  I won't do the name game but one well-known retailer has the no longer top of the line LuV330R at $427.  New king of the LuV400T hill is priced at $523 and the LuV200 is $327.  Yet another retailer is prepared to whack a hunk off price if it feels it's got a truly interested buyer hesitating due to LG's suggested $399.00 price. Another popular retailer does not negotiate price and does not make much effort to display any of the vacuums it sells.

Repeating myself, I have noticed that lots of big-box stores and even "department store" style sales venues do not appear to worry much over providing customers with facilities for trying out machines.  Some have nice displays but either no or very inconveniently placed electrical outlets  People walk in, make a pick and dump it in their shopping cart.  Though it's the customer's option to bring it back within a given time period I can't see how much of desire is developed to bother with $300 and above vacuum -- especially by those who see that kind of money as big bucks.  By the way today's NY Times is claiming that 95,000 jobs were lost in the U.S. during the month of September.  Everybody's ready to go out and buy high . . . right?

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #52   Oct 8, 2010 1:33 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

It appears that retailers are leaning on their individual discretion in regard to pricing despite whatever LG or any manufacturer may suggest.  I won't do the name game but one well-known retailer has the no longer top of the line LuV330R at $427.  New king of the LuV400T hill is priced at $523 and the LuV200 is $327.  Yet another retailer is prepared to whack a hunk off price if it feels it's got a truly interested buyer hesitating due to LG's suggested $399.00 price. Another popular retailer does not negotiate price and does not make much effort to display any of the vacuums it sells.

Repeating myself, I have noticed that lots of big-box stores and even "department store" style sales venues do not appear to worry much over providing customers with facilities for trying out machines.  Some have nice displays but either no or very inconveniently placed electrical outlets  People walk in, make a pick and dump it in their shopping cart.  Though it's the customer's option to bring it back within a given time period I can't see how much of desire is developed to bother with $300 and above vacuum -- especially by those who see that kind of money as big bucks.  By the way today's NY Times is claiming that 95,000 jobs were lost in the U.S. during the month of September.  Everybody's ready to go out and buy high . . . right?

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

I hear you.  Ironically, all big box retailers are gingerly raising their prices and passing along increases in their operating and administrative costs and expenses to their customers.  Have to wait and see how that works for them.  I'm predicting customers will respond as they usually do when this happens.  Stay home and don't shop and if they do, don't buy.

Carmine D.

PS Venson:  1 in 5 US homes are facing foreclosure and 1 in 8 Americans are living below the annual poverty amount.   

This message was modified Oct 8, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 43 - 52 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42