Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck Edge or Miele S7

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Oreck Edge or Miele S7
Original Message   Aug 15, 2010 5:42 pm
Alright, simply put, which $800 upright would you prefer: the S7 Tango, or the Oreck Edge w/canister?
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Actionvac

Re: Oreck Edge or Miele S7
Reply #4   Aug 16, 2010 9:25 am
They just lowered the Tango to 549.00, with trade here at 499.00, this machine will out clean Oreck handily but far heavier, great long tool hose though
Actionvac

Reply #5   Aug 17, 2010 9:39 am
And now the non hepa no light Blue model at 449.00 is quite a bargain for a true high end machine, and the Tango will be a tough sell now with the price reduction of the others except for the bells and whistles lover
This message was modified Aug 17, 2010 by Actionvac
Actionvac

Reply #6   Aug 17, 2010 9:44 am
And the Sebo Felix would be a better comparison at 649.00 its a great vacuum with slider variable and seperate bare floor brush, swivel head and the ability to turn into a can vac
vacmanuk

Reply #7   Aug 17, 2010 11:12 am
Actionvac wrote:
And the Sebo Felix would be a better comparison at 649.00 its a great vacuum with slider variable and seperate bare floor brush, swivel head and the ability to turn into a can vac

It can be a good vacuum but even as the owner of many Sebo uprights, doesn't the Oreck Edge have a bigger dust capacity? You don't have to use the separate floor brush on the Felix either as it has a brush roll stop button. It can't be put into a canister vac - only a large hand held as the body doesn't really sit level on its own.
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #8   Aug 17, 2010 4:08 pm
I'm waiting to check out the S7, as the local dealer down here has delayed shipments over issues concerning defects in the rear wheels...is anyone aware of this supposed defect?
Venson

Reply #9   Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:
I'm waiting to check out the S7, as the local dealer down here has delayed shipments over issues concerning defects in the rear wheels...is anyone aware of this supposed defect?

Hi,

I have yet to have a problem.

Venson

Actionvac

Reply #10   Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am
Venson wrote:
Hi,

I have yet to have a problem.

Venson

No issues here, I just got 6 vacuums in the other day
Actionvac

Reply #11   Aug 18, 2010 9:51 am
vacmanuk wrote:
It can be a good vacuum but even as the owner of many Sebo uprights, doesn't the Oreck Edge have a bigger dust capacity? You don't have to use the separate floor brush on the Felix either as it has a brush roll stop button. It can't be put into a canister vac - only a large hand held as the body doesn't really sit level on its own.

The Felix bag is very large and as you know oreck owners usually change bags well short of capacity due to weight, my 8 lb Riccar ay home gets changed once it becomes a 10 pound vac LOL, and a hand held can for me works better for all above ground cleaning.
vacmanuk

Reply #12   Aug 18, 2010 11:28 am
Actionvac wrote:
The Felix bag is very large and as you know oreck owners usually change bags well short of capacity due to weight, my 8 lb Riccar ay home gets changed once it becomes a 10 pound vac LOL, and a hand held can for me works better for all above ground cleaning.

Well maybe Oreck owners in the U.S do, Oreck bags in the UK are largely expensive because of the dollar rate and as such most owners use the bags as far as possible. I can't count the many times I've had to unclog an Oreck because of some owners. Sebo bags are 3.5 litre capacity, not so big and smaller than their X uprights at 5.5 litres
CarmineD

Reply #13   Aug 18, 2010 1:22 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Well maybe Oreck owners in the U.S do, Oreck bags in the UK are largely expensive because of the dollar rate and as such most owners use the bags as far as possible. I can't count the many times I've had to unclog an Oreck because of some owners. Sebo bags are 3.5 litre capacity, not so big and smaller than their X uprights at 5.5 litres

I do change ORECK and all vacuum bags more frequently than needed and always before the full line.  At 8 bags of ORECK CC per pack for $12, it's inexpensive for me to replace more often than required.

Carmine D.

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42