Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics Kompressor® Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented Kompressor® technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 24 - 33 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #24   Jul 9, 2010 7:41 am
Venson wrote:

thanks for the heads-up Carmine.

Venson

Your welcome.  I think it may be worth $270.  Time and more review will tell.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #25   Aug 21, 2010 8:41 am
Several appliance retailers who carry LG products have reverted/resorted to gifting the Kompressor with the purchase of LG washer and dryer.  And offering financing on the W/D purchases.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #26   Sep 20, 2010 3:14 pm
FWIW, the LG Kompressor models are receiving alot of retailers' advertising space these days not just as stand alone purchases but bundled with other LG appliances.  I haven't had an opportunity to scope out yet but it's on my agenda.  Just wondering out loud if others have/will and what their opinions of the LG vacuum products are, Kompressor models in particular.  Venson, Vacmanuk, I know you both are always up to date on the latest and greatest in the vacuum world, have you followed up with these LG Kompressors?

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #27   Sep 20, 2010 3:48 pm
Nope. Put simply the UK hasn't got the latest Kompressor uprights. Here's what we do have and it has since been discontinued according to LGE UK. This is the LG VF5718CNB Vacuum Cleaner.

CarmineD

Reply #28   Sep 20, 2010 8:37 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Nope. Put simply the UK hasn't got the latest Kompressor uprights. Here's what we do have and it has since been discontinued according to LGE UK. This is the LG VF5718CNB Vacuum Cleaner.

Thanks for the info.  I suspect the latest from LG will eventually land in the UK.  Probably before the Christmas Holidays.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #29   Sep 22, 2010 2:33 am
CarmineD wrote:
FWIW, the LG Kompressor models are receiving alot of retailers' advertising space these days not just as stand alone purchases but bundled with other LG appliances.  I haven't had an opportunity to scope out yet but it's on my agenda.  Just wondering out loud if others have/will and what their opinions of the LG vacuum products are, Kompressor models in particular.  Venson, Vacmanuk, I know you both are always up to date on the latest and greatest in the vacuum world, have you followed up with these LG Kompressors?

Carmine D.don't empty

Hi Cramine,

LG is promoting the new uprghts on its claim that they are capable of managing three times more dust containment than most bagless vacuums due to the Kompressor set-up which compresses collected dirt and debris into "dust cakes".  This is said to mean that you can clean up to three rooms before having to dump the machine's collection bin.  This may bring debate by way of persons who aren't big on bothering about emptying bagless vacs as prescribed but for us "book followers" it's a comfort to know.

As I mentioned prior, the Kompressor flap swings side to side to compact dust, dirt and debris the machine has sucked up and most interesting, just above the compression area in the collection bin LG has put a different spin on cyclonics.  Instead of the usual horizintal air cycling, LG has employed a vertical spin for dust separation to take better advantage of gravity in the process.  The really great features are easy access to the cyclone area from either side plus the user maintainable pre- and HEPA filters.  Put both under a good flow of just plain old cool tap water, let them dry (out of direct sunlight of course) and you're good to go.  One HEPA and two pre-filters come with either machine and LG estimates you'll have about a good two-and-one-half years before needing to get new ones.

Differences are marked between the two but both models have the same vertical cyclonic systems, edge cleaning, filtering and dust capture capacity.  The high-end Model 300 has a forty-foot cord and for that reason no cord reel. Also, its hose bears battery-operated RF (radio frequency) switches to control its three speed motor  plus turn the machine and or its revolving brush on or off.  A main switch on the base of the machine can be used if batteries in the hose handle need replacement.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #30   Sep 22, 2010 7:33 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Cramine,

LG is promoting the new uprghts on its claim that they are capable of managing three times more dust containment than most bagless vacuums due to the Kompressor set-up which compresses collected dirt and debris into "dust cakes".  This is said to mean that you can clean up to three rooms before having to dump the machine's collection bin.  This may bring debate by way of persons who aren't big on bothering about emptying bagless vacs as prescribed but for us "book followers" it's a comfort to know.

As I mentioned prior, the Kompressor flap swings side to side to compact dust, dirt and debris the machine has sucked up and most interesting, just above the compression area in the collection bin LG has put a different spin on cyclonics.  Instead of the usual horizintal air cycling, LG has employed a vertical spin for dust separation to take better advantage of gravity in the process.  The really great features are easy access to the cyclone area from either side plus the user maintainable pre- and HEPA filters.  Put both under a good flow of just plain old cool tap water, let them dry (out of direct sunlight of course) and you're good to go.  One HEPA and two pre-filters come with either machine and LG estimates you'll have about a good two-and-one-half years before needing to get new ones.

Differences are marked between the two but both models have the same vertical cyclonic systems, edge cleaning, filtering and dust capture capacity.  The high-end Model 300 has a forty-foot cord and for that reason no cord reel. Also, its hose bears battery-operated RF (radio frequency) switches to control its three speed motor  plus turn the machine and or its revolving brush on or off.  A main switch on the base of the machine can be used if batteries in the hose handle need replacement.

Best,

Venson

Thanks for the info Venson.  Let me recap: Vertical cyclones, cord winder/40 foot cord with no winder, easy access to cyclones for washing, 3X more dirt capture than usual for bagless vacuums before bin dumping, honesty about filters' life with no nonsensical claims about lifetime guarantees, suction controls/regulators.  Did I miss anything?

What are your thoughts the belt and brush features? 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #31   Sep 22, 2010 9:00 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks for the info Venson.  Let me recap: Vertical cyclones, cord winder/40 foot cord with no winder, easy access to cyclones for washing, 3X more dirt capture than usual for bagless vacuums before bin dumping, honesty about filters' life with no nonsensical claims about lifetime guarantees, suction controls/regulators.  Did I miss anything?

What are your thoughts the belt and brush features? 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

That about covers it.  I haven't elaborated much on the "Dual Force" airways in the brush chamber as I have not seen them in action.  The claim is that they enhance edge cleaning. 

Maintenance for the belt and brushroll is quite easy.  You simply flip the cleaner and undo the six screws that hold the base plate in place.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #32   Sep 22, 2010 12:45 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

That about covers it.  I haven't elaborated much on the "Dual Force" airways in the brush chamber as I have not seen them in action.  The claim is that they enhance edge cleaning. 

Maintenance for the belt and brushroll is quite easy.  You simply flip the cleaner and undo the six screws that hold the base plate in place.

Venson

A brush plate that requires 6 screws to be undone to get into it isn't easy in my book!
Venson

Reply #33   Sep 23, 2010 12:46 am
vacmanuk wrote:
A brush plate that requires 6 screws to be undone to get into it isn't easy in my book!

Hi vacmanuk,

It's a new world unfortunately.  Many vacuum manufacturers to all appearance don't want us doing anything that they coupd perfectly well charge us for. 

Personally, I'd love to see the clips and levers used in many older American upright vacs like the Hoover Convertibles and Dial-A-Matics come back.  Belt and brush roll maintenance was a breeze as no tools were required.  Yet, I suspect that such convenience is considered too costly to provide by current makers.  (Also, i have a sneaking suspicion they don't want end-users being too self-sufficient.)

I had often bragged that I could knock down and reassemble any vacuum made since 1952 but the thought in regard to my S7 sets me shaking in my shoes.  You can't just go to your kitchen drawer and pull out a screwdriver for slotted or Phillips head screws.  A "special" screwdriver is needed that most of us don't know where to locate or buy.  That's why I see LG's six screws with ordinary heads easy to deal with. 

Best,

Venson

Replies: 24 - 33 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42