Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Who makes Kenmore canisters now?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Who makes Kenmore canisters now?
Original Message   Jul 2, 2010 1:18 am
Is it TTI or still Panasonic?
Replies: 72 - 81 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Who makes Kenmore canisters now?
Reply #72   Apr 11, 2011 10:09 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I disagree.  Retailers provide cheaper replacements as an accomodation to customers.  Most carry the originals too, at the higher prices, giving buyers a choice: Original for more or made to fit for less. 

If vacuum indies/retailers sell bad parts, customers have recourse directly with the indies/stores.  Nothing lost.  The indy/retailer suffer.  If customers have problems with the original parts, the name brand and maker suffers.  Reputation is at stake.  Not just profit.  Name is more important than profit.  Makers don't want to take that risk with their parts and jeopardize their reputation for a little more profit by providing poor quality parts.  So, they offer the best they can regardless of whether they are very profitable or not.  Parts suppliers don't take any degree of risk to their name.  Indies and retailers do.  Not the same from my point of view.  Makers' name is always utmost importance before profit involved.   

Carmine D. 

That is BS and you know it.  No way is an Oreck product worth it's price.  No R&D, no performance and certainly no expensive parts.  Wait.  They spend millions putting the name out to all.  I prefer performance to a name. 
CarmineD

Reply #73   Apr 11, 2011 10:16 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
That is BS and you know it.  No way is an Oreck product worth it's price.  No R&D, no performance and certainly no expensive parts.  Wait.  They spend millions putting the name out to all.  I prefer performance to a name. 

Then don't keep trying them over and over again and keep returning.  Lets' see my last count you have had 4.  2 direct order, one from the ORECK Clean Home Center and one from Target.  SEARS is selling them now too.  You can add another ORECK to your collection. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #74   Apr 11, 2011 10:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Then don't keep trying them over and over again and keep returning.  Lets' see my last count you have had 4.  2 direct order, one from the ORECK Clean Home Center and one from Target.  SEARS is selling them now too.  You can add another ORECK to your collection. 

Carmine D.

ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO WRITE OFF OPINION AS FACT.  Is it any wonder that you have no credibility?
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #75   Apr 11, 2011 10:22 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
In the UK all high street/franchise retailers always sell genuine bags & consumables plus a strange line of universal dust bags and filters that seem to just sit on the shelves forever = but the marked up cost in some cases highlights the cheaper need to use EBAY. I was totally shocked last night when it took forever to find bags for my Bosch Professional. Should have known that bags for this model would never be as popular or known as Miele! Eventually considering UK franchises against EBAY, I plucked for a seller from EBAY who were substantially cheaper.

Cheap copy consumables only seem to exist in private hardware shops and most customers either love or loathe them. The problem with the UK is that we have so many European brands who have come and gone, that for the most part, despite brands like Moulinex and Philips disappearing, the copy bags/filters available are for Hoover, Electrolux, Morphy Richards - all established names in the 1970's to the 1990's but nowadays bagged vacuums/filter consumables are less likely to be bought by customers when the more modern vacuums either have washable filters, reusable "twice time" dust bags, or carry a washable shake out SMS dust bag.

What you are talking about is what I have discussed before.  If there is a vacuum cleaner, which has not been around a long time, ceases to exist, then it will be hard to find bags for it.  It is not worth a company to make the bags, if there are not enough users to purchase them.  If they are still made, then the price will be very high.    The Halo has not been around for a long time, so I would doubt there would be a generic bag.  What might change is the fact that ORECK took the vacuum over.  The same bag is also used in the Edge. If these do not last, a bag supplier will not make the expense to market them.  There will not be enough cleaners out in the market.

Look at the Electrolux Trivac.  It was not a popular stick vac.  The bags can still be found, but they are very expensive.  On the other side of stick vacs, take a look at HOOVER and its stickvacs.   They were around for a long time, so these bags could be found for years under generic brands.

I think something I saw w/the UK is that you had alot of the "chinese-made" vacuum cleaners before us.  What I also noticed also was that alot of the different brands used one size bag.

In the US, generic bags are popular.  Even the vacuum cleaner manufacturers have gotten aggressive w/marketing their bags for other brands.  HOOVER was one of the first to market bags for non HOOVER machines.  There bags filtered very well.  They were very good quality.  They were not bags like Dust-O bags, or the like.  Now, they have become so aggressive that they are taking over the "big box" retail stores w/their own brand.  This is also pushing out the name brand vac bags.  Electrolux put their bags, w/the Filtrete name, in some stores like Best Buy and Target.and in Walmart under the name Arm & Hammer.  Like I mentioned earlier and/or in another thread, TTI Floorcare(HOOVER), is taking over Target and Electrolux's Filtrete brand is leaving.  I have to say though, these bags are fantastic quality.  The generic bags are nothing like what was available in the 70's and earlier.  I believe you may remember Carmine commenting on the good quality of Arm & Hammer bags.

I wanted to add a comment, but it may not apply to what you said.  It may be to something Carmine said, then I will put it there later.  Some people believe that if the purchase Eureka, it has to be Eureka bags.   If it is HOOVER, it must be HOOVER  bags.  And so on and so on.  They see the instruction manual and read something like "Must use GENUINE Eureka bags.  No other brand will give  you years of performance.  They get scared, so that is all they buy.  It is not true today.  What do you do when Electrolux Home care also sells the Filtrete brand bags?  The generic bags will say something to the fact that "there bags will perform as well as or better than the genuine.
This message was modified Apr 11, 2011 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #76   Apr 12, 2011 4:11 am
Mike_W wrote:
What you are talking about is what I have discussed before.  If there is a vacuum cleaner, which has not been around a long time, ceases to exist, then it will be hard to find bags for it.  It is not worth a company to make the bags, if there are not enough users to purchase them.  If they are still made, then the price will be very high.    The Halo has not been around for a long time, so I would doubt there would be a generic bag.  What might change is the fact that ORECK took the vacuum over.  The same bag is also used in the Edge. If these do not last, a bag supplier will not make the expense to market them.  There will not be enough cleaners out in the market.

Look at the Electrolux Trivac.  It was not a popular stick vac.  The bags can still be found, but they are very expensive.  On the other side of stick vacs, take a look at HOOVER and its stickvacs.   They were around for a long time, so these bags could be found for years under generic brands.

I think something I saw w/the UK is that you had alot of the "chinese-made" vacuum cleaners before us.  What I also noticed also was that alot of the different brands used one size bag.

In the US, generic bags are popular.  Even the vacuum cleaner manufacturers have gotten aggressive w/marketing their bags for other brands.  HOOVER was one of the first to market bags for non HOOVER machines.  There bags filtered very well.  They were very good quality.  They were not bags like Dust-O bags, or the like.  Now, they have become so aggressive that they are taking over the "big box" retail stores w/their own brand.  This is also pushing out the name brand vac bags.  Electrolux put their bags, w/the Filtrete name, in some stores like Best Buy and Target.and in Walmart under the name Arm & Hammer.  Like I mentioned earlier and/or in another thread, TTI Floorcare(HOOVER), is taking over Target and Electrolux's Filtrete brand is leaving.  I have to say though, these bags are fantastic quality.  The generic bags are nothing like what was available in the 70's and earlier.  I believe you may remember Carmine commenting on the good quality of Arm & Hammer bags.

I wanted to add a comment, but it may not apply to what you said.  It may be to something Carmine said, then I will put it there later.  Some people believe that if the purchase Eureka, it has to be Eureka bags.   If it is HOOVER, it must be HOOVER  bags.  And so on and so on.  They see the instruction manual and read something like "Must use GENUINE Eureka bags.  No other brand will give  you years of performance.  They get scared, so that is all they buy.  It is not true today.  What do you do when Electrolux Home care also sells the Filtrete brand bags?  The generic bags will say something to the fact that "there bags will perform as well as or better than the genuine.

Makers say is that they won't warranty if the user doesn't stick with genuine bags and parts.  Maybe the parts maker selling the replacement bags will instead?  When in doubt, use the originals especially during the warranty period.  The case with the Envirocare bags and the Kenmore cann is the exact reason for this. 

Carmine D,

This message was modified Apr 12, 2011 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #77   Apr 12, 2011 4:13 am
HARDSELL wrote:
ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO WRITE OFF OPINION AS FACT.  Is it any wonder that you have no credibility?

Not quite.  It's a another attempt to keep up with the changed responses to me that you forget you posted over time.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #78   Apr 12, 2011 3:13 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I can't recall acomment on the LG.  I would likely remember if you said I was correct.  However, I may have made that comment about the "Z".

This is my comment on the "who makes Kenmore" thread.  Notice below it you made reference to the Premalite thread.  Ol Dizzy Carmine.
CarmineD

Reply #79   Apr 12, 2011 4:07 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
This is my comment on the "who makes Kenmore" thread.  Notice below it you made reference to the Premalite thread.  Ol Dizzy Carmine.

Yes, HS I posted your comments here when you asked to me on this thread.  But sadly you forgot and subsequently asked me several more times.  I feel for you.  It is hard to keep up when discussions are on several threads about the same the matters.  Of course of import is that you and agreed about the LG Premalite while your buddy thought it was one of the best new vacuums to be offered by SEARS.  Sadly it wasn't. And soon faded away despite all the attempts to keep it on life support. 

Carmine D.

PS: Now his comments about the LG Premalite are on still another thread.  Hard to keep track of all these pervasive comments on the same subject in so many different places.  I have no problem.  Happy to assist you into the right place and direction.  Feel feel to ask.

This message was modified Apr 12, 2011 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #80   Apr 12, 2011 6:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Yes, HS I posted your comments here when you asked to me on this thread.  But sadly you forgot and subsequently asked me several more times.  I feel for you.  It is hard to keep up when discussions are on several threads about the same the matters.  Of course of import is that you and agreed about the LG Premalite while your buddy thought it was one of the best new vacuums to be offered by SEARS.  Sadly it wasn't. And soon faded away despite all the attempts to keep it on life support. 

Carmine D.

PS: Now his comments about the LG Premalite are on still another thread.  Hard to keep track of all these pervasive comments on the same subject in so many different places.  I have no problem.  Happy to assist you into the right place and direction.  Feel feel to ask.

Caught in you web again.  More of your mumbling lip service with no validity.
CarmineD

Reply #81   Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Caught in you web again.  More of your mumbling lip service with no validity.

Understand HS, it's hard to keep up with me.  Not to worry.  Go slow and ask questions.  Happy to help you along with your old posts and statements any time. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 72 - 81 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42