Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics Kompressor® Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented Kompressor® technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 50 - 59 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #50   Oct 8, 2010 7:29 am
Venson:

Has LG and its retailers lowered the price on the TOL model from $399 to $318 before discounts?  I see the lower prices advertised now and figure its to make way for the latest and greatest from LG.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #51   Oct 8, 2010 11:36 am
CarmineD wrote:
Venson:

Has LG and its retailers lowered the price on the TOL model from $399 to $318 before discounts?  I see the lower prices advertised now and figure its to make way for the latest and greatest from LG.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

It appears that retailers are leaning on their individual discretion in regard to pricing despite whatever LG or any manufacturer may suggest.  I won't do the name game but one well-known retailer has the no longer top of the line LuV330R at $427.  New king of the LuV400T hill is priced at $523 and the LuV200 is $327.  Yet another retailer is prepared to whack a hunk off price if it feels it's got a truly interested buyer hesitating due to LG's suggested $399.00 price. Another popular retailer does not negotiate price and does not make much effort to display any of the vacuums it sells.

Repeating myself, I have noticed that lots of big-box stores and even "department store" style sales venues do not appear to worry much over providing customers with facilities for trying out machines.  Some have nice displays but either no or very inconveniently placed electrical outlets  People walk in, make a pick and dump it in their shopping cart.  Though it's the customer's option to bring it back within a given time period I can't see how much of desire is developed to bother with $300 and above vacuum -- especially by those who see that kind of money as big bucks.  By the way today's NY Times is claiming that 95,000 jobs were lost in the U.S. during the month of September.  Everybody's ready to go out and buy high . . . right?

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #52   Oct 8, 2010 1:33 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

It appears that retailers are leaning on their individual discretion in regard to pricing despite whatever LG or any manufacturer may suggest.  I won't do the name game but one well-known retailer has the no longer top of the line LuV330R at $427.  New king of the LuV400T hill is priced at $523 and the LuV200 is $327.  Yet another retailer is prepared to whack a hunk off price if it feels it's got a truly interested buyer hesitating due to LG's suggested $399.00 price. Another popular retailer does not negotiate price and does not make much effort to display any of the vacuums it sells.

Repeating myself, I have noticed that lots of big-box stores and even "department store" style sales venues do not appear to worry much over providing customers with facilities for trying out machines.  Some have nice displays but either no or very inconveniently placed electrical outlets  People walk in, make a pick and dump it in their shopping cart.  Though it's the customer's option to bring it back within a given time period I can't see how much of desire is developed to bother with $300 and above vacuum -- especially by those who see that kind of money as big bucks.  By the way today's NY Times is claiming that 95,000 jobs were lost in the U.S. during the month of September.  Everybody's ready to go out and buy high . . . right?

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

I hear you.  Ironically, all big box retailers are gingerly raising their prices and passing along increases in their operating and administrative costs and expenses to their customers.  Have to wait and see how that works for them.  I'm predicting customers will respond as they usually do when this happens.  Stay home and don't shop and if they do, don't buy.

Carmine D.

PS Venson:  1 in 5 US homes are facing foreclosure and 1 in 8 Americans are living below the annual poverty amount.   

This message was modified Oct 8, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #53   Oct 8, 2010 3:48 pm
November 2010 Consumer Reports rates and ranks the latest from LG in uprights and surprise they score fairly well with overall totals of 65 for the LuV200 and 67 for the LuV300.  Carpet and pet hair cleaning scores are Very Good but tool suction for the LuV300 only scores Average.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #54   Oct 9, 2010 9:56 pm
CarmineD wrote:
November 2010 Consumer Reports rates and ranks the latest from LG in uprights and surprise they score fairly well with overall totals of 65 for the LuV200 and 67 for the LuV300.  Carpet and pet hair cleaning scores are Very Good but tool suction for the LuV300 only scores Average.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I know, I browsed CR online and was pleased to learn they'd done well. They are quite good vacuums as far as suction power and cleaning ability go. 

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #55   Oct 10, 2010 8:02 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I know, I browsed CR online and was pleased to learn they'd done well. They are quite good vacuums as far as suction power and cleaning ability go. 

Venson

Hello Venson:

Do you think in time and after pending patents expire that other bagless brands will copy the LG "compression" feature?  Consumer Reports was rather neutral on the benefits of the feature but at least highligted this LG feature as a major difference over other bagless brands. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #56   Oct 11, 2010 5:35 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Do you think in time and after pending patents expire that other bagless brands will copy the LG "compression" feature?  Consumer Reports was rather neutral on the benefits of the feature but at least highligted this LG feature as a major difference over other bagless brands. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

It's hard to say.  How well the system -- vertical cyclone and the "wiper blade for compacting dirt -- actually works.could prove to be debatable.  A while back I posted links to a video or two re earlier Kompressor models that sort of made the grade but not as perfectly as ads and claims may have stated.  From what I've seen this system does help keep collected demo material-- confetti, kapok and coffee grounds -- toward the back of the collection bin but that kind of material makes for a loose pack, possibly not allowing a chance to view the full effect.  "Real dirt" is different.

From what I've seen people are thinking on how well the cleaners pick up, their  weight and pricing.  The possible larger collection capacity and longer cleaning time between emptyings is what they find equally interesting.  The crucial point is how they will perform -- and survive -- for over-zealous or neglectful users that take the claims to heart.  In other words, compared to others, how long will LG's machine last when compromised by user preference day to day?

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #57   Oct 11, 2010 8:09 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

It's hard to say.  How well the system -- vertical cyclone and the "wiper blade for compacting dirt -- actually works.could prove to be debatable.  A while back I posted links to a video or two re earlier Kompressor models that sort of made the grade but not as perfectly as ads and claims may have stated.  From what I've seen this system does help keep collected demo material-- confetti, kapok and coffee grounds -- toward the back of the collection bin but that kind of material makes for a loose pack, possibly not allowing a chance to view the full effect.  "Real dirt" is different.

From what I've seen people are thinking on how well the cleaners pick up, their  weight and pricing.  The possible larger collection capacity and longer cleaning time between emptyings is what they find equally interesting.  The crucial point is how they will perform -- and survive -- for over-zealous or neglectful users that take the claims to heart.  In other words, compared to others, how long will LG's machine last when compromised by user preference day to day?

Venson

Hi Venson:

Well said and true.  The test of time.  Those that survive and flourish, pass and continue to be part of the CR reviews and ratings.  Like MIELE.  Like KIRBY.  Like Aerus.  Those that don't, die off and are forgotten.  Like Fantom. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #58   Oct 19, 2010 9:02 am
Hi Venson:

SEARS launched the latest LG Kompressor 400 this past week with and an advertised price of $399.  However, the newspaper ad has the caveats that the listed price is before in store savings and before a 5 percent discount if purchased by SEARS cfredit card.  Looks like SEARS and LG are together once again.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #59   Oct 20, 2010 7:10 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

SEARS launched the latest LG Kompressor 400 this past week with and an advertised price of $399.  However, the newspaper ad has the caveats that the listed price is before in store savings and before a 5 percent discount if purchased by SEARS cfredit card.  Looks like SEARS and LG are together once again.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Maybe, maybe not.  Pricing seems to be going every which-way.  I went online to check it out.  I don't know if online Sears sites are several in number and set up for region or if one site serves for all.  From what I saw, the LG 200 and 300 have finally  been dropped to what I thought were the manufacturer's suggested prices -- $299 and $399 respectively.  However, the 400 model has been upped from $522 I've seen in Sears stores to $549.  See link to LG below.

http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/vacuum-cleaners/index.jsp

Venson
This message was modified Oct 20, 2010 by Venson
Replies: 50 - 59 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42