Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dysons filtration?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Dysons filtration?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?
Replies: 123 - 132 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Dysons filtration?
Reply #123   Apr 17, 2010 2:13 pm

DIB wrote:

You win Venson - less is more.  Knowing that after yours and Carmines astronomically high posting numbers (far more than all) produces a zero/near zero consumer response is proof of this commitment - less is more.
Dyson Invents Big

*******************************************************************************************************************************

"You always end with a jade's trick.  I know you of old."

Venson

This message was modified Apr 17, 2010 by Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #124   Apr 17, 2010 3:12 pm
Venson wrote:

DIB wrote:

You win Venson - less is more.  Knowing that after yours and Carmines astronomically high posting numbers (far more than all) produces a zero/near zero consumer response is proof of this commitment - less is more.
Dyson Invents Big

*******************************************************************************************************************************

"You always end with a jade's trick.  I know you of old."

Venson

I have to admit, I had to look up the definition of a Jades Trick.  Well, I’ll just try to remember zero (consumers seeking you out) is greater than the 100,000 views of the DC24 (YouTube video).

Are these below interviews somehow a Jades Trick and/or should they be ignored (by the public)?If so, please explain the how’s and why’s.

vacmanuk

Reply #125   Apr 17, 2010 3:20 pm
What does this have to do with the original question of how sealed are Dysons?
Lucky1

Reply #126   Apr 17, 2010 3:56 pm
DIB I'm really asking....Is Dyson a Sealed System? A simple Yes or No is fine.
Hertz

Reply #127   Apr 17, 2010 4:58 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Be careful where this thread goes.  It is moving away from the topic towards forum posters.

Dude I really don't even care anymore haha. I find this whole thread amusing and interesting, but I found out the Dysons DO have - reportedly - GREAT filtration, and that should be good enough for 99% of the people out there. So I'm fine and happy about that, haha.
Hertz

Reply #128   Apr 17, 2010 5:10 pm
Also, for all those who don't believe in Dysons durability, check out these reviews by people who have had them for all well over 6 years, some even 15 years old! http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/4064389/reviews.htm
DysonInventsBig

Reply #129   Apr 17, 2010 5:26 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
What does this have to do with the original question of how sealed are Dysons?

What a con vacmanuk...  I've been responding and attacking the lie and the 'defy physics con' of Dyson suction side leaks (dust into a home and breathed into lungs).  I've also been attacking the credibility of those making such claims.  Is this a problem?

You’re getting on this conversation awfully cheap.  Trust me, I’ve got plenty to say of the UK'ers 'blame Dyson whiners' - perhaps for another time.  In the meantime, maybe anti-UKgrowth would be a better descriptor for a user name.

This message was modified Apr 17, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

vacmanuk

Reply #130   Apr 17, 2010 10:52 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

What a con vacmanuk...  I've been responding and attacking the lie and the 'defy physics con' of Dyson suction side leaks (dust into a home and breathed into lungs).  I've also been attacking the credibility of those making such claims.  Is this a problem?

You’re getting on this conversation awfully cheap.  Trust me, I’ve got plenty to say of the UK'ers 'blame Dyson whiners' - perhaps for another time.  In the meantime, maybe anti-UKgrowth would be a better descriptor for a user name.

MM Im sure you have. But then I've got plenty to say regarding U.S buyers and what they are conned into believing. You have already said plenty and in past posts it is clear that nothing else beats your love of Dyson vacs and I admire that. Perhaps you should change your name to DysonIncitesBull$#%* because for the most part all you seem to do is argue your case about Dyson with very little back up and proposed theories in how people on here jump to their own decisions. I suggest you take a feather and tie it onto the outside of your Dyson bin, and if you have a cylinder/canister model tie it onto the back of where the cable recesses. Make a video of it. If it blows gently then guess what - the Dyson leaks air.
CarmineD

Reply #131   Apr 18, 2010 6:53 am
vacmanuk wrote:
MM Im sure you have. But then I've got plenty to say regarding U.S buyers and what they are conned into believing. You have already said plenty and in past posts it is clear that nothing else beats your love of Dyson vacs and I admire that. Perhaps you should change your name to DysonIncitesBull$#%* because for the most part all you seem to do is argue your case about Dyson with very little back up and proposed theories in how people on here jump to their own decisions. I suggest you take a feather and tie it onto the outside of your Dyson bin, and if you have a cylinder/canister model tie it onto the back of where the cable recesses. Make a video of it. If it blows gently then guess what - the Dyson leaks air.

Another UK vacman con.  It's probably just a feather that can fly.  After all, feathers do come off birds.  Dah!

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #132   Apr 18, 2010 11:27 am
Well, tie tissue paper strands or toilet tissue - anything light that will detect the slightest bit of escaping air. Leave the vacuum stationery.

Do you know what..? I think I'll try it myself and put it on you tube.
Replies: 123 - 132 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42