Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dysons filtration?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Dysons filtration?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?
Replies: 105 - 114 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Dysons filtration?
Reply #105   Apr 16, 2010 1:26 pm
I'm not sure where I have ever told a lie about Dyson...???? If you point it out I will address it.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #106   Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm
Dustmite ,

It's somewhat of a waste of my valuable time to respond to your ridiculous claims.   You seem to have the preposterous idea that disagreeing with you is the same as attacking James Dyson and/or his products.  I have respect for James Dyson, and I have been very fair in my assessments of his products.  You are no James Dyson.  You are a scoundrel that attacks and insults everyone on this forum, and then wonders why you're so unpopular.  You have no objectivity.  You are like an ostrich with your head buried in the dirt and lint of a Dyson dirt canister.  You insult every brand but Dyson, including those that are far superior to Dyson, and wonder why your ideas are ridiculed.

This message was modified Apr 17, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
procare

Reply #107   Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm
I have stated that Dysons leak as well as other bagless vacs. It may not be as bad as others but it does. The Dyson machines have continually got less power in airwatts than they did at the start. DC-07 274 Air Watts Power and come down since.The facts on power come from Dyson. In looking at the warranty for 5 years the customer should know wear items are not covered. Such as the so called lifetime filter, brushroll, belt carbon brushes in the motor or anything else that wears out. That is an awful lot of things not covered. Commercial use is definitely out. One other upright had a clutch system for it's belts and that was the first Electrolux upright (Now Aerus) back in the1974-1984 time period. I sold many of them and never had a problem with them. They were a magnetic clutch and the belts were cogged belts. Never replaced a one during the life of the ones sold. I just replaced brushrolls and brushroll bearings. Dyson in your book may be your cleaner of choice but my working on them and /or going against them in demoes, I choose the bagged vacuum anyday.
Hertz

Reply #108   Apr 17, 2010 1:26 am
procare wrote:
I have stated that Dysons leak as well as other bagless vacs. It may not be as bad as others but it does. The Dyson machines have continually got less power in airwatts than they did at the start. DC-07 274 Air Watts Power and come down since.The facts on power come from Dyson. In looking at the warranty for 5 years the customer should know wear items are not covered. Such as the so called lifetime filter, brushroll, belt carbon brushes in the motor or anything else that wears out. That is an awful lot of things not covered. Commercial use is definitely out. One other upright had a clutch system for it's belts and that was the first Electrolux upright (Now Aerus) back in the1974-1984 time period. I sold many of them and never had a problem with them. They were a magnetic clutch and the belts were cogged belts. Never replaced a one during the life of the ones sold. I just replaced brushrolls and brushroll bearings. Dyson in your book may be your cleaner of choice but my working on them and /or going against them in demoes, I choose the bagged vacuum anyday.

Either your wrong about your accusations of the warranty, or they'll honor any part not specified in the warranty because my neighbor had their DC17 motor bar stop spinning to to either a broken driver motor, gear box, or belt (whatever it was, the brush bar wouldn't work), and Dyson fixed it free of charge. I've read other reviews stating how Dyson will cover stuff not in their warranty, but five years even on only non-wear parts is still good, if that's even the case. Now, of course I have read reviews of Dysons help line being a joke, but I've read about just as many that say completely the opposite, and given that I've called Dyson myself and EVERY TIME WITH IN FIVE MINUTES I was talking to a FRIENDLY AMERICAN voice - I would say to have confidence in Dyson for helping their customers.
mole

Reply #109   Apr 17, 2010 3:09 am
Hertz wrote:
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?

BTW

Who ever claimed that the upright leaked on the suction side.I think Dubber spun it into that.We all know that they leak  thru the cyclones and into the lifetime hepa filter,

Just look for yourself and see how the dust bin rocks side to side when mounted into the reciever.

MOLE
vacmanuk

Reply #110   Apr 17, 2010 7:35 am
mole wrote:
BTW

Who ever claimed that the upright leaked on the suction side.I think Dubber spun it into that.We all know that they leak  thru the cyclones and into the lifetime hepa filter,

Just look for yourself and see how the dust bin rocks side to side when mounted into the reciever.

MOLE

MM just look for yourself when dust statically clings to the outer side of the acrylic bin once it has been emptied!

To be fair guys we can go on and on about Dyson filtration until the cows come home and who said what and who is incorrect. End of the day Dysons and any other bagless cyclonic just isn't healthy. I've raised this issue before and I'll say it again - bags are healthier even if they do clog up and if the medical profession such as surgeries and hospitals still use vacuums with bags then there's something in that use (surely it costs more?) alone to why bagged vacuums are better, and even if buyers have to buy bags, they still have to buy drive belts for other Dyson models or anything else that happens to go wrong with it.
CarmineD

Reply #111   Apr 17, 2010 8:47 am
vacmanuk wrote:
MM just look for yourself when dust statically clings to the outer side of the acrylic bin once it has been emptied!

To be fair guys we can go on and on about Dyson filtration until the cows come home and who said what and who is incorrect. End of the day Dysons and any other bagless cyclonic just isn't healthy. I've raised this issue before and I'll say it again - bags are healthier even if they do clog up and if the medical profession such as surgeries and hospitals still use vacuums with bags then there's something in that use (surely it costs more?) alone to why bagged vacuums are better, and even if buyers have to buy bags, they still have to buy drive belts for other Dyson models or anything else that happens to go wrong with it.

Add too the dyson multi-cyclones are not as effective for filtering fine dirt as paper bags.  Dyson braggarts claimed otherwise.  Better than bags.  Health issues aside for a moment, although I agree with you and they are important, the shortcomings of bagless cyclones, dyson included, is their inferior vacuum operation/performance.  To me, this is the issue of importance.

Sir James, and his followers, took HOOVER execs on for passing on/over dyson's multi-cyclones.  Even in written product literature included along with new dysons.  The reason, we were lead to believe by Sir James and his fans, was the vested interest HOOVER and other vacuum makers had in profiting from the sale of bags.  Was this true?  No.  But it helped sell dysons, at least initially.  The truth is bags are better performers for filtration than bagless.  Period.  End of story.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #112   Apr 17, 2010 9:00 am
mole wrote:
The seals that leak are on the sides of the machine on the tubes that run up to the bin there is one on each side,After a while they dry rot from the heat generated by the machine and the dirt blowing at them. Do you know what VITON is???

Or maybe the one that runs up the side of the brushbar housing you know the clear one thats so cheap  after 2 years sand blows thru it.

How come the dc18 baby ball sticks to the carpet and does not turn like Sir Jimmy says it should?

The machine is nothing but an overpriced, bagless panasonic, And i like and sell panasonic also And an 99.00 panasonicMC-Ug 581 will last and perform the same way for 5 to 7 years, with a belt and secondary filter change once a year.

Please take your  nonsense over the dyson only forum.

Thanks

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #113   Apr 17, 2010 9:05 am
Lucky1 wrote:
OK I'll admit I only scanned this thread but I don't know of 1 bagless system that is a sealed system. Can you even make a bagless into a sealed system. It would take a ton of screws and much better seals that's for sure.
This message was modified Apr 17, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #114   Apr 17, 2010 9:08 am
Severus wrote:
Unless you have a medical condition, it's irrelevant.  The moment you open the bagless canister dust will be released.    If you have no breathing problems emptying a Dyson canister, then you have no need to worry about whether the machine is completely sealed.   Completely sealed vacuums are for people with serious allergies and/or money to burn.   If you have serious allergies then you need a bagged vacuum like a Miele.  For the rest of us, it's overkill.  Do you wear a dust mask when you walk outside? 

Dysons are NOT completely sealed.   The Dyson are what they are.  Most Dyson uprights, according to Consumer Reports, are very good vacuums - just like the other 30 or so vacuums that score at least 60 out of 100 points.  There's no need to pretend that They're something that they're not. 

Replies: 105 - 114 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42