Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dysons filtration?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Dysons filtration?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?
Replies: 84 - 93 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dysons filtration?
Reply #84   Apr 14, 2010 7:36 pm
Hertz wrote:
Carmine, I do follow my own advice well - at least in this sense - to not get overly defensive. At least compared to DIB, would you not agree? He seems like a good guy, but he seems to get a little too ridiculous sometimes, but he seems to be a good guy overall and does make some good points at times. Carmine, my main point is that you ARE BIASED to say that the seals are "chintzy" and of "low-quality." - They're anything BUT!! They're very high quality, treated rubber gaskets that last a good 5 - 10 years without a problem. They're sole plate, while possibly weaker on older models, is still a quality piece as you have MANY, MANY people that have had DC01's, DC07's, and DC14's for years upon years w/o trouble. Yet you call say that it warps and is low quality. If that were the case, then years of service that do occur from this product would not be put forth. You sir, are evidently biased, at least based on those claims.

At least you have conceded the soleplate gaskets are "weaker."  Though I still say "chintzy" and the worse I've seen in the industry on vacuums with the DC07 and 14 prices.  One could argue, with merit, that if the soleplate gaskets are "weaker" [to be as kind as you with words] then the likelihood that the other gaskets/seals on these models are the same: "weaker."  Especially since the vacuum systems are not sealed and leak on both the intake and exhaust sides of the vacuums. 

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #85   Apr 14, 2010 8:24 pm
Hertz wrote:
DIB, dude, you need to seriously jump off Dysons junk sometimes man. I like you, and your passion for Dysons which I share, but you need to realize retardturtle is just being completely honest. His point WAS IN DEFENSE OF DYSON - if there was even any side he was trying to take - in that ANY machine will leak a little bit of dust, and his Dyson - only leaked a *SMALL* amount, and for the engineering, overall quality, performance, and features of a Dyson, I would say a *SMALL* amount is perfectly acceptable. Besides, I have a feeling newer machines are better sealed. I mean, they DO receive approvals by Asthma and Allergy foundations. I would assume they says something about their filtration. Also, FOR ANY OF YOU DOUBTING DYSONS FILTRATION, EVEN MIELE ACKNOWLEDGES THEIR COMPARATIVELY GREAT FILTRATION! Read: http://www.mieleusa.com/images/mieleusa/miele_filtration/emission-chart.jpg A Dyson DC25 WAS PROVEN BY MIELE to capture more fine particles than a frickin SEBO!!! IF that's the case, I can only applaud Sir James Dyson over and over for his quality workmanship and engineering on his high quality product.

Hertz,

Retardturtle, earns a paycheck by selling competing to Dyson wares.  He has played the ‘it’s just my opinion – card’ when he’s trashed-talked Dyson in the past (it’s demonstrable). - And when he does trash-talk, he’s fair game.  When he and the others say Dyson’s leak dust (back into a persons home and into their lungs) and cannot prove it – he and the others are fair game.

If someone said Hertz does a half-as job but all is well cause others do a half-as job too, this could hurt your potential to earn.  Anyone who attacks another mans ability to earn (Dyson) and does so without proof – is fair game and I’ll gladly go after em.

Dude, many other vac-dealers and historians can smoke all or most of these guys and they don’t have to lie.  But they are chased away by the regular bad-mouther’s here.  Let me give you fair warning…  if you dare attack any of there wares, they will go after you as they have them.  Fact.

Dyson Invents Big

This message was modified Apr 14, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #86   Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
At least you have conceded the soleplate gaskets are "weaker."  Though I still say "chintzy" and the worse I've seen in the industry on vacuums with the DC07 and 14 prices.  One could argue, with merit, that if the soleplate gaskets are "weaker" [to be as kind as you with words] then the likelihood that the other gaskets/seals on these models are the same: "weaker."  Especially since the vacuum systems are not sealed and leak on both the intake and exhaust sides of the vacuums. 

Carmine D. 

One such as yourself could (and soes) argue with a biased opinion.  Of course using your logic Orecks are a POS because I found two to be very very inferior to the DC07.
mole

Reply #87   Apr 14, 2010 9:01 pm
Just another question.

Would all of this back and forth you know good no good good quality,bad quality,to hard to use easy to use sanitary un sanitary,etc,

Leaks doesnt leak if the PRICE was where it should be?

What ever happened to the line ,its not a bad machine for the money.

BTW the upright market is down bigtime,They are just user unfriendly in household applications.
This message was modified Apr 14, 2010 by mole
HARDSELL

Reply #88   Apr 14, 2010 9:02 pm
Hertz wrote:
I can agree that the brush bars and clutches were overall simply decent quality - and low quality given the price - but aside from that they are great machines. However, I find your claim that they will be "run out of dodge" highly amusing considering they're still doing GREAT even in this economy; Dyson isn't going anywhere anytime soon buddy.

Hertz, Carmine has preached gloom and doom for Dyson for years.  Each new Hoover was to be the demise of Dyson.  The Hoover "Z' was to be the vacuum of all vacs.  Carmine bought one and gifted it away in short time.  They are still available in the salvage/junk stores and only slightly used.  Dyson is going strong and Hoover failed.

Dyson cost Carmine a lot of embarrasment a few years back and he has a vendetta to destroy them.

vacmanuk

Reply #89   Apr 14, 2010 10:35 pm
Oh How I laughed!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKv3R6M1k4
Venson

Reply #90   Apr 15, 2010 4:14 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Oh How I laughed!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKv3R6M1k4

Thanks vacmanuk.  That's about how it goes.  "I buy it, bring it, home and then I have to push it too?"

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #91   Apr 15, 2010 6:54 am
HARDSELL wrote:
One such as yourself could (and soes) argue with a biased opinion.  Of course using your logic Orecks are a POS because I found two to be very very inferior to the DC07.

ORECK has made and marketed the same variation on the theme for over 45 years.  The DC07 is discontinued in less than 4 years.  Soon the DC14.  Why?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #92   Apr 15, 2010 7:02 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Hertz, Carmine has preached gloom and doom for Dyson for years.  Each new Hoover was to be the demise of Dyson.  The Hoover "Z' was to be the vacuum of all vacs.  Carmine bought one and gifted it away in short time.  They are still available in the salvage/junk stores and only slightly used.  Dyson is going strong and Hoover failed.

Dyson cost Carmine a lot of embarrasment a few years back and he has a vendetta to destroy them.

Like the dyson DC11 for $500?  You're right that I predicted it would die an ignoble death and be pulled from the USA retailers' shelves.  It was.  Just like DC07 now and soon the DC14. 

Actually I bought, used and gifted away 2 HOOVER Z's.  Both are still in use.  One in a commercial venue has been performing well since November 2007.  It's had one service in the all the time.  Simple and easy to work on.  Many of its features are now in regular use on other vacuums in the industry. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #93   Apr 15, 2010 7:04 am
CarmineD wrote:
As I understand these are the facts and circumstances that brought down dyson's mantra: Never clogs, never loses suction.
  • A 2006/07 ruling by the ASA [Advertising Standards Agency].  
  • About 3 dozen disgruntled dyson buyers/users, maybe more, joined by 2 vacuum companies filed a class action grievance against dyson. 
  • The crux of their grievance was that dyson vacuum filters clogged and the vacuums lost suction, contrary to dyson's printed claims to the contrary. 
  • The ASA, a European adjudication body for consumers and manufacturers/their products, agreed with dyson buyers and users and the vacuum companies. 
  • In its decision to Sir James and dyson, the ASA advised dyson under penalty of legal actions for non-comformance, to cease and desist from using the mantra in written format. 
  • Sir James and dyson complied.  
  • The dyson claims went away. 
  • In addition, dyson reduced the time periods for required filter maintenance from 6-9 months to 2-3 months on future models. 
  • Dyson also made its 5 year limited warranty contingent on users following the new filter service/maintenance instructions.

Carmine D.

HS:

What are your comments on this? 

Carmine D.

Replies: 84 - 93 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42