Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dysons filtration?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Dysons filtration?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?
Replies: 57 - 66 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: Dysons filtration?
Reply #57   Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm
Then if think so highly  of Tom ,why dont you go to work with him at TACONY.

Then you both can do oohs and ahhs and gaga over the vacuum collection that no one cares about.

BTW all this techno babble you and i spew about  cleaners means nothing to the avarage consumer,

What benefit does the product provide for the user that should be the foremost question.As long as the customer likes the machine thats all that matters.They dont care what we think about them.

I can hear aunt Tilly  rushing to the living room closet now because she just can't wait to clean her floors and scatter rugs.

Boy are you excited right about now Bonehead,

THE BEST CLEANER THAT A PERSON CAN USE IS THE ONE THEY CAN USE[GOT IT]'' GOOD.'''''

mole

CarmineD

Reply #58   Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm
mole wrote:
Then if think so highly  of Tom ,why dont you go to work with him at TACONY.

Then you both can do oohs and ahhs and gaga over the vacuum collection that no one cares about.

BTW all this techno babble you and i spew about  cleaners means nothing to the avarage consumer,

What benefit does the product provide for the user that should be the foremost question.As long as the customer likes the machine thats all that matters.They dont care what we think about them.

I can hear aunt Tilly  rushing to the living room closet now because she just can't wait to clean her floors and scatter rugs.

Boy are you excited right about now Bonehead,

THE BEST CLEANER THAT A PERSON CAN USE IS THE ONE THEY CAN USE[GOT IT]'' GOOD.'''''

mole

Hello MOLE:

I agree with you that vintage vacuums do not rank very high on the average consumer's list of interest items.  I suspect the same is true for new vacuums too.  Persons are much more interested to learn and know that Consumer Reports just put the Lexus [as in toyota] SUV GX 300, approximate price of $52,000, on its don't buy list.  That's a news item of interest to consumers.  Also, although predictions of first day sales of Apple iPads would hit 700,000 worldwide, only 300,000 were sold.  American consumers find that newsworthy. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 13, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #59   Apr 13, 2010 2:22 pm
mole wrote:

. . . . THE BEST CLEANER THAT A PERSON CAN USE IS THE ONE THEY CAN USE . . .

mole

Thanks MOLE, that's really where it's at.  Bottom line, the larger part of Ameriican consumers and those elsewhere haven't a clue as to what they're buying -- or probbly even why -- when it comes to vacuum cleaners.  They either succumb to the dazzle of a sales pitch or an advetisement hypes, buy what their mom had or the neighbors have and, most likely, whatever fits the pocketbook. 

All they want is to have their expectations fulfilled -- namely clean lookng rugs and floors.  Whether by way of bags, no bags, cyclonics or even archaic methods, whatever -- as long as the dirt and lint vanish as they clean they've got no questions.  Their only ideal is acquiring such a miracle at the lowest price possible and life is great.

Including myself, there are those of us who get turned on by bells and whistles.  However, what is to be remembered is that simple tools, if properly made, can do the same work just as well.

Venson

DysonInventsBig

Reply #60   Apr 13, 2010 2:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-stir, you keep telling me to retire.  I am retired.  Have been for over 3 years.  And loving it.  You keep making the threads here personal and attacking me rather than the facts.  You are living in the past.  Tom Gasko works for RICCAR/SIMPLICITY and has for a year or more.  Not dyson.  How about you? 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Retire means to move away from your old con-ways...  what your selling here... your lies - is simply a looser, a dog, a disaster.  There's no money in you.  You need to retire from conning and move out of the way and let more intelligent and honest people speak.  You represent what not to do in life...  lies don't pay much.  What's the temp in Vegas today?....  lows of minus 10 and highs of 100 plus.  You're personal life is a disaster cause you chose a disastrous career (lying to the trusting consumer and lying of good corporations - who employee people and many with families).  You and Venson need to either get a room together, or start sending private emails, or get your own blog.  Model2 ‘s YouTube numbers are explosive and where is he?  Just like Ms. Consumer coming here seeking your advice, he too avoids you.  I say, you go and watch the number of new visitors go up.  And take the other con-dealers with you.

You're done and the numbers support this.  I say, block your IP, welcome the intelligent vacuum guy or gal to advise and watch Abby’s numbers rise.

Dyson Invents Big

Lucky1

Reply #61   Apr 13, 2010 2:35 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

Retire means to move away from your old con-ways...  what your selling here... your lies - is simply a looser, a dog, a disaster.  There's no money in you.  You need to retire from conning and move out of the way and let more intelligent and honest people speak.  You represent what not to do in life...  lies don't pay much.  What's the temp in Vegas today?....  lows of minus 10 and highs of 100 plus.  You're personal life is a disaster cause you chose a disastrous career (lying to the trusting consumer and lying of good corporations - who employee people and many with families).  You and Venson need to either get a room together, or start sending private emails, or get your own blog.  Model2 ‘s YouTube numbers are explosive and where is he?  Just like Ms. Consumer coming here seeking your advice, he too avoids you.  I say, you go and watch the number of new visitors go up.  And take the other con-dealers with you.

You're done and the numbers support this.  I say, block your IP, welcome the intelligent vacuum guy or gal to advise and watch Abby’s numbers rise.

Dyson Invents Big

You do realize you're just rabidly ranting now don't you. Keeping this up may drive opposing viewpoints AWAY but it will not enhance yours.
This message was modified Apr 13, 2010 by Lucky1
Venson

Reply #62   Apr 13, 2010 2:37 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

Dyson Invents Big

This message was modified Apr 13, 2010 by Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #63   Apr 13, 2010 3:06 pm
Hertz wrote:
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?

Hertz

i would think that in some way....somehow any and all vacs would leak.  no matter who makes them.  A totally sealed system with no leaks whatsoever  that doesnt  lower performance would be impressive. The dc7 i once owned would leak a tiny bit  from time to time ..youd have to be looking for it to see it....leaked no more than my riccar 8925 or panasonic 585...but id have to say my oxygen 7020 is sealed up the best...but still leaks every once in a blue moon.

turtle

Venson

Reply #64   Apr 13, 2010 3:41 pm
 . . .You and Venson need to either get a room together, or start sending private emails, or get your own blog.  . .

DIB -- I am doing this again as I had trouble getting a reply through with quote . . .

Gee whiz, I'm genuinely hurt.  I thought you liked me.  As for hitting the trail . . .

You have displayed little knowledge as to vacuum cleaner manufacture or the efficient use of them and you're still here.  In the process your deliberations as to who should stay or go, have you considered that you  have been allowed your criticisms and, without obvious intervention, also the liberty to call names and be insulting.  I'm happy to say the larger part of us still seek the high road no matter what we trhink or may be tempted to say.

As far as I'm concerned, say what you want, do what you want.  Things only get easier to ignore.  Besides which, they say -- no cross, no crown.

Venson

DysonInventsBig

Reply #65   Apr 13, 2010 8:00 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
You do realize you're just rabidly ranting now don't you. Keeping this up may drive opposing viewpoints AWAY but it will not enhance yours.

Lying is an opposing viewpoint?  HALARIOUS!

You guys never quit.   Where’s your outrage at Porcare’s, Carmine’s, and Mole’s lies of the suction side of a Dyson vacuum leaking dust into the environment?  This is an old-school con.  Going after and exposing the lying of Dyson - the competing manufacturers and their representatives (the competing independent vacuum dealer) is long overdue.  Is this a problem?

This message was modified Apr 13, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #66   Apr 13, 2010 8:16 pm
Dib-ster:

The suction side [inlet dirt tube path] on DC07 and DC14 models empties into the dirt bin during operation.  A poor fit from the seal/gasket between the two [dirt bin and dirt tube] leaks dirty air into the room and onto the back of bin and vacuum, where the bin assembly sits.  Simple statement of fact.  For homes with pets, it's very common to find pet hair and dander build up and coating on this opening.  It sticks between the dirt path opening and the dirt bin and on the gaskets due to poor seal/fits on the DC07 and DC14 models.  Simple statement of the facts.  Hardly sealed atoll.

Carmine D.

Replies: 57 - 66 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42