Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dysons filtration?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Dysons filtration?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?
Replies: 38 - 47 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dysons filtration?
Reply #38   Apr 12, 2010 5:25 pm
mole wrote:
O.k. Dubber you asked for it,you want to talk about uprights,canister power nozzles,central vacuums,attachment kits, uprights with on board tools,bagged ,bagless,

central vacuum kits,airflow,bearings,cfm,cords and cordwinders, plasti flex,or flexaust hoses, the bore diameters,  electronic control boards.

I sell bosch formulas bsg71360 for 299.99 on line, stillmake a Cnote on it, MSRP is 499.00 . SO whats dyson got for 299.00  a refurbed dc07 from 01 with a 6 month warranty.

I also own a electrolux silverado from 1982 that cleans as good or better than anything out there today.

Bring it on ROOKIE.

MOLE

Well lets see if you can help this rookie out...  where's the leak con-man?  I've decimated all your anti-Dyson riddles and cons in the past...  so where's this leak you speak of?  Or...  Why not give Procare a call and work the con out and then reply.

Rookie
This message was modified Apr 12, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

mole

Reply #39   Apr 12, 2010 5:46 pm
The seals that leak are on the sides of the machine on the tubes that run up to the bin there is one on each side,After a while they dry rot from the heat generated by the machine and the dirt blowing at them. Do you know what VITON is???

Or maybe the one that runs up the side of the brushbar housing you know the clear one thats so cheap  after 2 years sand blows thru it.

How come the dc18 baby ball sticks to the carpet and does not turn like Sir Jimmy says it should?

The machine is nothing but an overpriced, bagless panasonic, And i like and sell panasonic also And an 99.00 panasonicMC-Ug 581 will last and perform the same way for 5 to 7 years, with a belt and secondary filter change once a year.

Please take your  nonsense over the dyson only forum.

Thanks

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #40   Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm
mole wrote:
The seals that leak are on the sides of the machine on the tubes that run up to the bin there is one on each side,After a while they dry rot from the heat generated by the machine and the dirt blowing at them. Do you know what VITON is???

Or maybe the one that runs up the side of the brushbar housing you know the clear one thats so cheap  after 2 years sand blows thru it.

How come the dc18 baby ball sticks to the carpet and does not turn like Sir Jimmy says it should?

The machine is nothing but an overpriced, bagless panasonic, And i like and sell panasonic also And an 99.00 panasonicMC-Ug 581 will last and perform the same way for 5 to 7 years, with a belt and secondary filter change once a year.

Thanks

MOLE

MOLE:

I'm sure you noted that if you place a particle meter on the housing opening for the HEPA exhaust filter on DC07 and DC14 models [with the thumb tab releases] contaminated air leaks out [read dirty].  Terrible design.  The housing loosens and leaks dirty unfilter exhaust due to the normal back and forth cleaning strokes, turning cleaning motions, transporting vacuum and bumps/hits against floor boards and furniture legs.  The condition also causes loss of suction.  I tell all dyson users with these models to make sure the filter housing is tight with no play and looseness before and after each usage.  No doubt another reason dyson discontinued these models.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #41   Apr 12, 2010 7:58 pm
mole wrote:

Thanks

MOLE

Dude, thanks for exposing another con...  overheated seals on the suction side (cold side) of the motor...  That's too funny!

Remove all seals upstream of motor and the thing will suck inward.  Yes it's a leak...a suction leak and not an exhaust leak.  There is a big difference.

The DC18 is pure genius and proven people-pleaser and huge moneymaker.  As long as vacuum makers keep hiring the 'can't get er done engineers' (can't invent) their dealers will have to keep lying of their astronomically high margin, tired and non proprietary products (aka boring, and pound for pound - work no better than they did decades ago vacuum cleaners).

I suggest you go underground, I feel like head hunting the lying-of-Dyson dealer cons.

The Rookie

mole

Reply #42   Apr 12, 2010 8:24 pm
Well exactly how does the fan reverse rotation by taking the upstream seal out. It must be for reverse cooling Is it a 3 channel or 4 channel fan?

Why does dog and human hair lodge in the hepa filter when its suppose to not get by the level3 cyclones, you know the the ones that block within 6 months.

They have a nice long cord though,and kinkless too. I suggest you look for another line of work..........ROOKIE.

MOLE
Hertz

Reply #43   Apr 12, 2010 10:17 pm
mole wrote:

Thanks

MOLE

I just have to say that you sir, are VERY wrong about your statements; I know people who've had Dysons for a while and NO dry rotting EVER occures. It's TREATED RUBBER, no dry rot will EVER occur! At least not from small amounts of "heat" from the motor INTAKE, if there even is ANY! I mean, are you serious?! Finally, the technology and quality behind a Dyson is *FAR* better than any Panasonic out there. Don't be ridiculous.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #44   Apr 13, 2010 12:12 am
mole wrote:

Thanks

MOLE

Hertz wrote:
I just have to say that you sir, are VERY wrong about your statements; I know people who've had Dysons for a while and NO dry rotting EVER occures. It's TREATED RUBBER, no dry rot will EVER occur! At least not from small amounts of "heat" from the motor INTAKE, if there even is ANY! I mean, are you serious?! Finally, the technology and quality behind a Dyson is *FAR* better than any Panasonic out there. Don't be ridiculous.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #45   Apr 13, 2010 12:15 am
mole wrote:
Well exactly how does the fan reverse rotation by taking the upstream seal out. It must be for reverse cooling Is it a 3 channel or 4 channel fan?

Why does dog and human hair lodge in the hepa filter when its suppose to not get by the level3 cyclones, you know the the ones that block within 6 months.

They have a nice long cord though,and kinkless too. I suggest you look for another line of work..........ROOKIE.

MOLE

Only at a conning Dyson competitor will the suction side of a vacuum cleaner blow dust (so-called leak into the environment).  Procare’s suction side blows is laughable too. 

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #46   Apr 13, 2010 7:15 am
Hertz wrote:
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?

Having worked on many DC07 and DC14s that are still under warranty, I've concluded that the gaskets which seal the air intake/dirt paths are flimsy for the price of the vacuum.  If they have them.  [Some of the paths, like the air way U tube/joint have no gasket/seal.  Just plastic on plastic.]  Soleplate gaskets too, top and bottom?  Flimsy, and the cheapest and worse I've ever seen on soleplates on any vacuums in the industry.  They lose their shape in short order.  All these gasket seals are coated with dust/dirt that leaks out. They are out of shape from their original new condition.  They are chintzy and don't hold their form.  Period. 

Look at the bin holder cavity where the inlet/outlet tubes run up and down a DC07/DC14.  Especially after use.  Or when you remove to dump the bin.  What do you see? Honestly? The whole area is coated with dust and dirt.  The more dirt you pack in the bin, the more you'll find on the vacuum behind the bin.  Now, check the exhaust filters on any DC07 and 14 dyson vacuums that are used in homes with a pet[s].  What do you find?  Honestly?  You'll find pet hair.  Pet hair passes through the shroud and cyclones all the time on these models.  Hopefully the gasket and seal on the exhaust filter housing is tightly fitted.  Not loosened from use and movement [common problem], else it won't prevent the hair from leaking out into the room air before getting filtered. 

There are design/function shortcomings for these models to have been discontinued.  There are valid reasons that all the dyson models that came after these have filter cleaning and maintenance schedules that are halved in time from these.  Finally, there are legal reasons that these and other dyson vacuums no longer claim the mantra: Never clogs and never loses suction.  They never will again.

Pick your battles to fight and win.  DC07 and DC14 are over and done with.  They were taken off the market by Sir James and dyson.  White flagged.  Threw in the towel.  Scrubbed completely.  They're history now except for the poor buyers and users who got taken in by them. 

WRT later dyson models, both canns and uprights after DC07 and DC14, I can't offer any personal and professional experience, YET.  Except this observation which I'll share since you asked: While dyson currently offers free asthma and allergy kits on purchases of all new dyson vacuums, it is conspicuously silent and nebulous on the HEPA filtration specs and sealed clean air systems of its line up.  This begs the question: Why?  Dyson merely says the vacuums are rated asthma and allergy friendly by the BAF.  Whatever that means.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 13, 2010 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #47   Apr 13, 2010 9:31 am
CarmineD wrote:

Pick your battles to fight and win.  DC07 and DC14 are over and done with.  They were taken off the market by Sir James and dyson.  White flagged.  Threw in the towel.  Scrubbed completely.  They're history now except for the poor buyers and users who got taken in by them.

Not so in the UK; the DC14 Origin and DC14 Overdrive are two of the best selling models. They are even on the UK website which shows only current Dyson models that are being sold nationwide.
This message was modified Apr 13, 2010 by vacmanuk
Replies: 38 - 47 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42