Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dysons filtration?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Dysons filtration?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm
How sealed are Dysons? And how good is their filtration? I know the uprights - at least the older, older ones like the DC07 and such might have potential problems with sealing, such as show in this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ However there could simply be something wrong w/ that one, who knows. BUT ANYWAYS, are the NEWER uprights COMPLETELY sealed? What about their canisters, such as the DC22, 23? Like does any air blow out of the cord reel or such, or ONLY out of the exhaust where it's SUPPOSED to come out from?
Replies: 29 - 38 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Hertz

Re: Dysons filtration?
Reply #29   Feb 12, 2010 8:15 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hertz,

This Miele dealer is a con man and brazen or real stupid.  I think the latter.  I can go on and on, but the most obvious of his tricks is the camera angle of the so-called pre-motor filter cover leak.  This idiot is dropping the kapok into the exhaust air and claiming the vac has a leak (@pre-motor filter cover). The camera angle fools the viewer.  This dope, wants the viewer to believe the suction side…I’ll repeat, the suction side is leaking (blowing air).  The suction side sucks, there is no leak at the pre-motor filter cover prior to him tugging on it or pushing the thumb release (can be seen on video, he does it very quickly), so to measure with the particle counter, and not blowing.

Do you see any Miele Dealers on this forum getting upset at this con man?

The dishonesty of the Dyson bad-mouthers here runs deep.  They could of/should of told you what I just did, but they didn’t.

Dyson Invents Big.

Hey yo DIB, this ones for you man: http://www.vacuumland.org/TD/THREADS/MODERN/7903.htm?36 If you haven't discovered this sight (vacuumland) and the awesome dude that is "vintagehoover", then you're in for a treat. Vintagehoover is THE dude to talk to about Dysons, and has more Dysons than some people seem to have brain cells. Awesome stuff. I, like yourself, really like Dysons, and I appreciate your passion for them man, as I share that, as well B) (though you might like Dysons abit more than I do ;) ) Anyways, enjoy.
CarmineD

Reply #30   Feb 12, 2010 9:58 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi,

Is there a comprehensive guide as to acceptable to harmful levels of vacuum filtration? How many microns retained actually  constitute excellent, very good and good filtering service? CR's excellent to very good rating slots would cause me as a consumer to think there's little difference.  What does a micron or  two missed in the filtration process really mean to a serious dust allergy sufferer as opposed to machines that obviously don't contain dust well?

Venson

Hello Venson:

Vacuum emissions testing by CR has evolved over recent years.  In the late 90's CR's testing for emissions involved measuring the particle concentration in the air of a specially prepared room before and after vacuuming up wood flour from a medium-pile carpet.  CR was quick back then to note when and in which cases vacuums w/o HEPA ratings matched/bested emissions with models claiming HEPA.  More recently, CR measures the release of small particles from the vacuum during operation.  Not sure why CR made the emissions testing changes.  Current CR emission ratings seem to indicate parity among all brands and models with the vast majority of ratings ranging in very good and excellent, as you say.  10 years ago, CR vacuum emissions ran the gamut from poor to excellent with an average overall rating of good.   Not sure if vacuum emissions drastically improved during this time and/or the CR changes are making emissions distinctions harder to measure.  More likely both factors are working in concert. 

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #31   Feb 17, 2010 3:17 pm
OK I'll admit I only scanned this thread but I don't know of 1 bagless system that is a sealed system. Can you even make a bagless into a sealed system. It would take a ton of screws and much better seals that's for sure.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #32   Apr 12, 2010 4:45 am
procare wrote:
   Dyson as well as other bagless that have come in for repair have had leakage and don't completely seal. At first they will , then will eventually lose their seal. As evidenced by dust on the body and where the bin is sitting. The worst that I have seen in leakage was the Fantom while it was uot. Dyson is not as bad but does leak..

Tell me Einstein,

If a hole is drilled in the side of a Dyson clear bin or through the drop away lid, does it blow (exhaust dust into a room) or does it suck (dust into the vacuum)?

I say you’re full of$hit and a con.

The so-called dust you observe around the lid is residual dust after a bins contents are emptied and not wiped away.  When a Dyson is turned on the drop away door pulls inwardly (towards the suction motor) and any layperson reading this can observe this for his/herself.  The only leaking is me posting (leaking) how the con is done.

Could you name your money making brands here and on this public forum...    I'd like to rip them and their price points apart.
This message was modified Apr 12, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

mole

Reply #33   Apr 12, 2010 7:00 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Tell me Einstein,

If a hole is drilled in the side of a Dyson clear bin or through the drop away lid, does it blow (exhaust dust into a room) or does it suck (dust into the vacuum)?

I say you’re full of$hit and a con.

The so-called dust you observe around the lid is residual dust after a bins contents are emptied and not wiped away.  When a Dyson is turned on the drop away door pulls inwardly (towards the suction motor) and any layperson reading this can observe this for his/herself.  The only leaking is me posting (leaking) how the con is done.

Could you name your money making brands here and on this public forum...    I'd like to rip them and their price points apart.

No Dubber, Procare is right,after 4 months the spine behind the dust bin is filthy due to the seals ,but so wasnt a REGINA brooms except they only costed 20 bucks
CarmineD

Reply #34   Apr 12, 2010 8:10 am
mole wrote:
No Dubber, Procare is right,after 4 months the spine behind the dust bin is filthy due to the seals ,but so wasnt a REGINA brooms except they only costed 20 bucks

While I got the bulk of the dirt out of the pet smelly DC07 cyclones, I could not get all out [year 3 of a 5 year warranty].  Just doesn't lend itself to allow for a total cleaning.  Worse designed bagless in the industry because the cyclones can't be thoroughly cleaned of its dust and dirt.  No doubt the reason it is discontinued and the filter cleaning maintenance schedules reduced in half on all future dyson models.

Carmine D.

PS:  Is it still the case that a new cyclone assembly in the DC07 and DC14 runs about $100?

This message was modified Apr 12, 2010 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #35   Apr 12, 2010 1:47 pm
mole wrote:

Troll,

You’ve been posting here for years and you’ve yet to name your vac’s and price points.  Turn-a-bout is fair play….  I’m confident I can make your vac’s look ancient (cause they are) and price points look idiotic (cause they are).

Here is how your con works…  when the user empties the bins contents and does not wipe away any dust from the outside of the drop away lid - this dust (very small amount) then migrates.  My Dyson's show zero dust migrating, cause wiping dust off the lid is fast n easy to do.   Dude, I know you’re a con and thank you for the opportunity to demonstrate it so (the majority of your industry as so).

It's not personal, it's just business.

CarmineD

Reply #36   Apr 12, 2010 4:55 pm
Dib-stir for years you've never answered any questions about what exactly is your business here.  Always hiding behind: I don't cast my pearls among the swine.  Well, try a new tact: Tell the swine what you have to offer/do and let the swine decide if you have pearls of wisdom or just pebbles of sand.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 12, 2010 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #37   Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm
O.k. Dubber you asked for it,you want to talk about uprights,canister power nozzles,central vacuums,attachment kits, uprights with on board tools,bagged ,bagless,

central vacuum kits,airflow,bearings,cfm,cords and cordwinders, plasti flex,or flexaust hoses, the bore diameters,  electronic control boards.

I sell bosch formulas bsg71360 for 299.99 on line, stillmake a Cnote on it, MSRP is 499.00 . SO whats dyson got for 299.00  a refurbed dc07 from 01 with a 6 month warranty.

I also own a electrolux silverado from 1982 that cleans as good or better than anything out there today.

Bring it on ROOKIE.

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #38   Apr 12, 2010 5:25 pm
mole wrote:
O.k. Dubber you asked for it,you want to talk about uprights,canister power nozzles,central vacuums,attachment kits, uprights with on board tools,bagged ,bagless,

central vacuum kits,airflow,bearings,cfm,cords and cordwinders, plasti flex,or flexaust hoses, the bore diameters,  electronic control boards.

I sell bosch formulas bsg71360 for 299.99 on line, stillmake a Cnote on it, MSRP is 499.00 . SO whats dyson got for 299.00  a refurbed dc07 from 01 with a 6 month warranty.

I also own a electrolux silverado from 1982 that cleans as good or better than anything out there today.

Bring it on ROOKIE.

MOLE

Well lets see if you can help this rookie out...  where's the leak con-man?  I've decimated all your anti-Dyson riddles and cons in the past...  so where's this leak you speak of?  Or...  Why not give Procare a call and work the con out and then reply.

Rookie

Replies: 29 - 38 of 194Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42