Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX
Original Message   Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Has anyone used a XXX Royal Crown Signature Series vacs?  I saw the XXX Lightweight upright w/portable canister at Sears & wonder if it'll beat an Oreck?
Replies: 1 - 25 of 25View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX
Reply #1   Jan 26, 2010 7:17 am
hooverman wrote:
Has anyone used a XXX Royal Crown Signature Series vacs?  I saw the XXX Lightweight upright w/portable canister at Sears & wonder if it'll beat an Oreck?

Haven seen/heard of this one.  Can you post pic/link.

Carmine D.

hooverman

Reply #2   Jan 26, 2010 3:32 pm
this is the canister but its POS; more sickening than Anthony Bordain's Bizarre World

hooverman

Reply #3   Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

XXX Corp. is now Haier Floor Care

www.haieramerica.com

Venson

Reply #4   Feb 13, 2010 9:31 am
hooverman wrote:

XXX Corp. is now Haier Floor Care

www.haieramerica.com

Sorry, but I wasn't able to find anything related to vacuums at the Haier website.  In any event this vacuum is a stock type out of Asia and it and several others seem to turn up in the inventory of any "appliance maker" willing to slap a name on them.

As for what Haier itself represents, I do not know.  I know the company sells a broad range of relatively inexpensive product.  Neither do I know what hHaier actually produces.  The Haier brands 70-buck room air conditioners go over big at Costco and Home Depot every summer here.  They are cheap, disposable but suit the needs of many -- if you buy a new one every summer.

Check out http://www.alibaba.com/

If you do a search for vacuum cleaners made or sold by many Asian companies you will see a lot of familiar looking product.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #5   Feb 13, 2010 1:31 pm
If I recall correctly Haier was one of the names/bidders for HOOVER before TTI won the buy. 

To my knowledge, Haier is China-based/produced.

Carmine D.

About Haier America

Celebrating our 10th anniversary, Haier America, is the Sales and Marketing arm of the Americas for the Haier Group. Headquartered in the Haier Building at 1356 Broadway in New York, Haier America is a leader for room air conditioner, compact refrigerator, and wine cellar sales, as well as a leading force in home appliances, compact laundry, compact freezer and HDTV sales. Haier America is an Official Marketing Partner and the Official High Definition Television of the NBA.

Awards/Certifications:
  • ENERGY STARŽ Qualification for multiple products, including air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines, and dishwashers.
  • UL Certification for multiple products, including refrigerators, freezers, laundry, compact appliances, and air conditioners
  • AHAM Certification for air conditioners and dehumidifiers
  • 2008 Reputation Institute named Haier 13th Most Reputable Company in the world
  • 2008 Home Channel News Golden Hammer Award-Major Appliances
  • 2008 Woman's Day KB Award-Aqua Fontana water dispenser
  • 2008 Wal-Mart "Vendor of the Year"
  • vacmanuk

Reply #6   Feb 13, 2010 10:24 pm
    Vax UK also have this model in so many different forms it is hard to keep track of what it's available in. Vax have also done a windtunnel / MACH series one with this body.
    hooverman

Reply #7   Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm
    XXX Corp. was aquired by Haier in Spring 2008; then sold to Ningbo Electric; now is XXX part of TTI?  Does our Vax look like the European DDs?
    vacmanuk

Reply #8   Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm
    It's very confusing because the Hoover company in Europe is owned by Candy and not the same company as Hoover U.S YET Hoover U.K has had Hoover U.S models before to sell and it was only up until last year that Hoover U.S stopped selling the old 17 year old European "Telios" cylinder vac. Vax and Dirt Devil USA (not the same UK one that is owned by Alba PLC) entered agreement in around 2004 for several of Vax products to take Dirt Devil badging and vice versa. Therefore the Windtunnel/Mach series are based on Hoover U.S Windtunnel Machl products which now also come under Dirt Devil USA products thanks to TTi.

However! Hoover UK started selling the Alyx upright which is a U.S dirt devil Vibe upright about 5 years ago when Vax UK started churning out their little V-045S/046 Quicklite based on the U.S Dirt Devil Dynammite.

To answer your question, briefly MOST models/European Dirt Devils have appeared as Vax models. That's not to say that ALL of their family have appeared as Vax models. However Vax are now outselling virtually all brands in the UK simply because ALL of the bagless types are actual Dirt Devils. The only model is really Vax's only proper design is the old fashioned canister models such as their 6131 series and V100 deriatives:

Vax 6131 Multifunction 3-in-1 Cleaner. Vax V-100 Pro Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
    Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #9   Feb 16, 2010 2:58 pm
    hooverman;

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Are you saying XXX instead of HOOVER?  To my knowledge, there is no such XXX Corp.  If there was such a company, I can see why I never heard of them.  Not a very creative name.

Sears sells HOOVER and not XXX.
    hooverman

Reply #10   Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm
    I guess they (XXX) make the Carpet Pro vacs like this one here too.  No, XXX is NOT Hoover but Hoover makes the Steam Vac for XXX (at least the Platinum mdl)

vacmanuk

Reply #11   Feb 20, 2010 10:58 am
    That reminds me of a Panasonic commercial upright (U.S) I saw a couple of years ago. Here are a few more:

MC-V5210,                                                                         MC-UG383                                                          MC-V5504

MC-V5210MC-UG383Panasonic Commercial MC-V5504 Upright Vacuum

Fuller-Brush FBPHD2 ( could it be the same company?)

Fuller Brush FBP-HD2 Heavy Duty Commercial HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner FBPHD2

dusty

Reply #12   Feb 20, 2010 11:32 am
    The Carpet Pro and the Fuller vacuums are both made for and marketed by Tacony

Dusty
    vacmanuk

Reply #13   Feb 20, 2010 2:28 pm
    How good are they?
    dusty

Reply #14   Feb 20, 2010 3:59 pm
    vacmanuk wrote:
    How good are they?

They are better (imo) than most of the current batch of Panasonic uprights.  Metal agitators and skid plates, good suction and hardly ever a problem with the motors.  We've sold the Carpet Pro for years commercially,  the property companies like them because they are relatively inexpensive, cheap to maintain and quiet. Like most things, if you look after it, it will last.

Dusty
    Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #15   Feb 20, 2010 4:59 pm
    These are very good vacuum cleaners, that are from an old design that works.  XXX does not make these Carpet Pro, etc.  I know the company that does.
    This message was modified Feb 20, 2010 by Mike_W
    retardturtle1

Reply #16   Feb 20, 2010 7:41 pm
    Mike_W wrote:
    These are very good vacuum cleaners, that are from an old design that works.  XXX does not make these Carpet Pro, etc.  I know the company that does.

HI MIKE

So who makes them.....at one time i heard panasonic had something to do with them...then another time they were from china/riccar made for fuller....got me ..but id like to know more abt them...

turtle

vacmanuk

Reply #17   Feb 21, 2010 5:45 pm
    We just dont have these in the UK
    Motorhead

Reply #18   Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm
    This person made several references to "XXX" vacuums on another website.  I had never heard of that name before, nor have I ever seen anything with that label.  At first I thought they were referring to TTI, but now there's enough evidence to believe these "XXX vacuum cleaners" are nothing but a figment of one person's very odd imagination. 

As for the Carpet Pro vacuums, those are great cleaners and an excellent value for the price range.  They're virtually identical to the Panasonic commercial line (specifically a rework of the old Jet-Flo design with some changes and improvements), but as someone else said, better built with *much* better quality motors.  Pair one of those up with synthetic bags and you have yourself a serious cleaning machine.
    This message was modified Feb 21, 2010 by Motorhead
    retardturtle1

Reply #19   Feb 22, 2010 7:46 pm
    Motorhead wrote:
    This person made several references to "XXX" vacuums on another website.  I had never heard of that name before, nor have I ever seen anything with that label.  At first I thought they were referring to TTI, but now there's enough evidence to believe these "XXX vacuum cleaners" are nothing but a figment of one person's very odd imagination. 

As for the Carpet Pro vacuums, those are great cleaners and an excellent value for the price range.  They're virtually identical to the Panasonic commercial line (specifically a rework of the old Jet-Flo design with some changes and improvements), but as someone else said, better built with *much* better quality motors.  Pair one of those up with synthetic bags and you have yourself a serious cleaning machine.

Thanks for the info.....  so who are they made by  and whos motor do they use.....lamb?gs......
    This message was modified Feb 22, 2010 by retardturtle1
    hooverman

Reply #20   Feb 24, 2010 11:14 pm
    Mike_W wrote:

I mean the other way around--whoever makes these Carpet Pro makes them for XXX as their Commercial (replaced their 2-motor Ultra Power which was the best XXX ever made)
    hooverman

Reply #21   Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm
    which Vax was aquired by TTI, Vax UK or Vax USA?  I know the Vax USA mdls are junk?
    vacmanuk

Reply #22   Mar 13, 2010 8:47 am
    The whole company has been bought by TTi (Vax UK, Vax Australia and Vax U.S) regardless of what these sub-country companies would have you believe.
    Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #23   Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm
    hooverman wrote:
    which Vax was aquired by TTI, Vax UK or Vax USA?  I know the Vax USA mdls are junk?

Dirt Devil has some very satisfied customers.    Dirt Devils tend to do a fairly good job at cleaning carpeting.  They provide fairly basic vacuums for the low end market.  While you may get what you pay for, I wouldn't be so quick to call them junk.  

Several years back I remember going to an estate sale in which the deceased owner had a large number of expensive oriental rugs.  I was a little surprised to see that he had a Dirt Devil bagged vacuum to clean them.  I have a relative who got around 10 years of service from a Dirt Devil bagged upright. 
    This message was modified Mar 13, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
    vacmanuk

Reply #24   Mar 14, 2010 5:18 pm
    Ah the bagged versions are different Severus. The ones that Vax have sold under the DD models have exclusively been Made in China bagless types. Also the bagged Dirt Devil uprights we get here in the UK are also Chinese built and were very much built to a cheap budget made in the 1990s. Dirt Devil UK are substantially different to the U.S company and they supply (even now) bagged uprights that have been going since 1991 just with different motors and filtration options. I had a couple and they were just dire, based on the old Electrolux Contour models.
    hooverman

Reply #25   Dec 19, 2010 4:24 pm
    Mike_W wrote:

I mean the other way around--Carpet Pro made them for XXX.  XXX is a regional brand floor care product (no wonder why XXX is NOT well-known)
    Replies: 1 - 25 of 25View as Outline
    Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42