Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX
Original Message   Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Has anyone used a XXX Royal Crown Signature Series vacs?  I saw the XXX Lightweight upright w/portable canister at Sears & wonder if it'll beat an Oreck?
Replies: 6 - 15 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX
Reply #6   Feb 13, 2010 10:24 pm
Vax UK also have this model in so many different forms it is hard to keep track of what it's available in. Vax have also done a windtunnel / MACH series one with this body.
hooverman

Reply #7   Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm
XXX Corp. was aquired by Haier in Spring 2008; then sold to Ningbo Electric; now is XXX part of TTI?  Does our Vax look like the European DDs?
vacmanuk

Reply #8   Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm
It's very confusing because the Hoover company in Europe is owned by Candy and not the same company as Hoover U.S YET Hoover U.K has had Hoover U.S models before to sell and it was only up until last year that Hoover U.S stopped selling the old 17 year old European "Telios" cylinder vac. Vax and Dirt Devil USA (not the same UK one that is owned by Alba PLC) entered agreement in around 2004 for several of Vax products to take Dirt Devil badging and vice versa. Therefore the Windtunnel/Mach series are based on Hoover U.S Windtunnel Machl products which now also come under Dirt Devil USA products thanks to TTi.

However! Hoover UK started selling the Alyx upright which is a U.S dirt devil Vibe upright about 5 years ago when Vax UK started churning out their little V-045S/046 Quicklite based on the U.S Dirt Devil Dynammite.

To answer your question, briefly MOST models/European Dirt Devils have appeared as Vax models. That's not to say that ALL of their family have appeared as Vax models. However Vax are now outselling virtually all brands in the UK simply because ALL of the bagless types are actual Dirt Devils. The only model is really Vax's only proper design is the old fashioned canister models such as their 6131 series and V100 deriatives:

Vax 6131 Multifunction 3-in-1 Cleaner. Vax V-100 Pro Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #9   Feb 16, 2010 2:58 pm
hooverman;

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Are you saying XXX instead of HOOVER?  To my knowledge, there is no such XXX Corp.  If there was such a company, I can see why I never heard of them.  Not a very creative name.

Sears sells HOOVER and not XXX.
hooverman

Reply #10   Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm
I guess they (XXX) make the Carpet Pro vacs like this one here too.  No, XXX is NOT Hoover but Hoover makes the Steam Vac for XXX (at least the Platinum mdl)

vacmanuk

Reply #11   Feb 20, 2010 10:58 am
That reminds me of a Panasonic commercial upright (U.S) I saw a couple of years ago. Here are a few more:

MC-V5210,                                                                         MC-UG383                                                          MC-V5504

MC-V5210MC-UG383Panasonic Commercial MC-V5504 Upright Vacuum

Fuller-Brush FBPHD2 ( could it be the same company?)

Fuller Brush FBP-HD2 Heavy Duty Commercial HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner FBPHD2

dusty

Reply #12   Feb 20, 2010 11:32 am
The Carpet Pro and the Fuller vacuums are both made for and marketed by Tacony

Dusty
vacmanuk

Reply #13   Feb 20, 2010 2:28 pm
How good are they?
dusty

Reply #14   Feb 20, 2010 3:59 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
How good are they?

They are better (imo) than most of the current batch of Panasonic uprights.  Metal agitators and skid plates, good suction and hardly ever a problem with the motors.  We've sold the Carpet Pro for years commercially,  the property companies like them because they are relatively inexpensive, cheap to maintain and quiet. Like most things, if you look after it, it will last.

Dusty
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #15   Feb 20, 2010 4:59 pm
These are very good vacuum cleaners, that are from an old design that works.  XXX does not make these Carpet Pro, etc.  I know the company that does.
This message was modified Feb 20, 2010 by Mike_W
Replies: 6 - 15 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42