Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 221 - 230 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #221   Dec 10, 2009 2:56 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

According to your dyson facts and figures, the USA represents two thirds of the new dyson vacuum sales market.  Dyson's DC11 gets pulled from two-thirds of its new sales market in less than 9 months, never to be seen ever again.  If that is your definition of "successful" product/sales, dyson needs a better spokesperson here because you are selling fish oil to beefeaters.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

I’m guessing TTI missed your Dyson-data harvesting (cruising malls and parking lots and talking with dealers who’ve nailed new and used Dyson’s to their floors).

Dyson Invents Big

P.S.  I do not remember stating 2/3rds.
This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #222   Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm
Lucky1 wrote:

All this rhetoric from a guy that supports putting vacuums into box stores to drive the Indies out of business. But THAT's "just business" when it suits YOUR need.

No doubt your gargantuan [some] vac margins and money made sellin rubber-bands and sacks is attractive.  But I’d rather jump on the Dyson’s achieves or gets - the most attention, most free publicity, most word of mouth, most patents, most 1st to un-mined segments (ex: Dyson Ball line), most ad dollars spent (probably a U.S. record) gravy train. - But that’s just me.

Dyson Invents Big

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #223   Dec 10, 2009 4:39 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

No doubt your gargantuan [some] vac margins and money made sellin rubber-bands and sacks is attractive.  But I’d rather jump on the Dyson’s achieves or gets - the most attention, most free publicity, most word of mouth, most patents, most 1st to un-mined segments (ex: Dyson Ball line), most ad dollars spent (probably a U.S. record) gravy train. - But that’s just me.

Dyson Invents Big

Dustmite,

What makes you think Dyson has the most patents?   Have you got any evidence?   I seriously doubt it. 

I'm sure that Mr. Dyson appreciates your life long commitment to providing him with word of mouth advertisements.

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #224   Dec 10, 2009 5:54 pm
Severus wrote:
Dustmite,

What makes you think Dyson has the most patents?   Have you got any evidence?   I seriously doubt it. 

I'm sure that Mr. Dyson appreciates your life long commitment to providing him with word of mouth advertisements.

I misspoke...he has the most money making patents of the last 20 yrs (except for maybe 3M's and others sack patents).  And others have more (in numbers) and more worthless patents (few or no competitors even bother to knock-off).  Speaking of uprights and canisters.

M00seUK

Reply #225   Dec 10, 2009 8:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I misspoke...he has the most money making patents of the last 20 yrs (except for maybe 3M's and others sack patents).  And others have more (in numbers) and more worthless patents (few or no competitors even bother to knock-off).  Speaking of uprights and canisters.

It would be quite a subjective calculation, though? Number of patents vs. revenue? Say you have a product with 10 function / design patents, how much are each 'worth' to revenue earned over 12 months?
DysonInventsBig

Reply #226   Dec 11, 2009 1:59 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

M00seUK wrote:
It would be quite a subjective calculation, though? Number of patents vs. revenue? Say you have a product with 10 function / design patents, how much are each 'worth' to revenue earned over 12 months?

If you want you could determine the dollar value (however you choose, whatever amount you choose) of the Dyson separator package (for example) and then divide it by the number of patents it takes to protect this unit - thats a way. 

Let me ask you something...  What is the strongest patent/s or invention held by a Dyson competitor?  Or what is the biggest money maker patent/s held by a Dyson competitor?  In terms of patents held - these tired competitor’s are 'stuck for an answer.'  What they do have is a bunch of U.S. dealers who hype and lie and gouge the trusting consumer.  In Europe these vacs are just vacs, in a U.S. and in the dealers showrooms these average vac’s somehow transform into unheard of and untouchable designs and require unheard of margins and pricing.
This message was modified Dec 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #227   Dec 11, 2009 7:35 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Cameron,

P.S.  I do not remember stating 2/3rds.

Apparently you don't know as much as you think OR you flip flop flap to suit the purpose.  Dyson itself in its press releases, and a dyson rep here in the past, Matt mmc AirBlade, provided the stat and data.

Seems whenever you get trumped by the facts and stats you get personal and play the dyson wealth card.  How's that working for you?

Several here posted these flaws and defects here for you to comment.  Nothing yet from you.  

1. Dyson DC25 ball with defective motor wirng harnesses after just months of sale/use from several sources posting here
  2. Dyson DC23 Motorhead with defective power/nozzle hose electrical connection within several months of purchase and light use
  3. Dyson DC24 with defective brush nozzle head new out of the box
  4. Dyson DC17 with evidence of voided warranties on wool rugs [Unique carpeting] since the product launch and still
  5. Evidence of additional premature rug wear on synthetic carpets by dyson vacuums with voided rug warranties, possibly due to DC28 design and rug settings [dyson's latest and greatest]
  6. Finally, discontinuing the clutch after DC07 and DC14 high repair costs and faulty use on many style carpets

Deal with the core issues, if you dare.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #228   Dec 11, 2009 7:45 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

If you want you could determine the dollar value (however you choose, whatever amount you choose) of the Dyson separator package (for example) and then divide it by the number of patents it takes to protect this unit - thats a way. 

Let me ask you something...  What is the strongest patent/s or invention held by a Dyson competitor?  Or what is the biggest money maker patent/s held by a Dyson competitor?  In terms of patents held - these tired competitor’s are 'stuck for an answer.'  What they do have is a bunch of U.S. dealers who hype and lie and gouge the trusting consumer.  In Europe these vacs are just vacs, in a U.S. and in the dealers showrooms these average vac’s somehow transform into unheard of and untouchable designs and require unheard of margins and pricing.

Dib-ster:

You pretend that dyson patents and technology innovations equate to performance enhancement.  Yet, no one here, or in the vacuum industry, agrees with you.  Fact is, most say it amounts to nothing but overengineering hype and more sizzle than substance.  Calling these inventions form over function.  We see it with vacuums, hand dryers and now fans. 

No one doubts Sir James accumulation of wealth.  We disagree on the actual amount and the significance of the trend.  Forbes and UK Times tells us it is downward in the last few years. 

Carmine D.  

CarmineD

Reply #229   Dec 11, 2009 7:56 am
Like I tell you Dib-ster, wealth and success is not a sprint.  It's a marathon.  Dyson holds the money now.  But his competitors are rapidly taking it away from him with sales and products. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #230   Dec 11, 2009 9:10 am
Lucky1 wrote:
All this rhetoric from a guy that supports putting vacuums into box stores to drive the Indies out of business. But THAT's "just business" when it suits YOUR need.

Lucky1:

You have dib-ster's number.  Where he stands is a result of where he sits.  Perfectly alright for dib-ster to justify dyson's propensity to sue, cry foul, impugh competitors' better products at better prices, and pout when dyson loses market share in the market place.  Dib-ster's canned response:  All a result of bad mouthing dyson dealers who nail dysons to the display floor. 

BUT when dyson and dib-ster are selling snake oil products with exaggerated claims and marketing propaganda, it's all under the mantra of technological innovation.   How's that working for dyson lately? 

Carmine D.

Replies: 221 - 230 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42