Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 216 - 225 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #216   Dec 9, 2009 5:09 pm
Dib-ster:

I don't see a bowling ball size wheel on the HOOVER UK upright like a DC24/25.  I see a tilting/rotating handle holder.  No copying, robbing, thieving, or imitating of dyson ball.  Just a better functioning design and application than dyson's allowing back and forth and side to side cleaning strokes with less arm, wrist and elbow strain.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #217   Dec 9, 2009 5:20 pm
 < Chinese owned VAX’s masterstroke -

which only followed Dyson's DC11's success

Surely Dib-ster you're joking.  Dyson's DC11 has the shortest running production in the USA of any vacuum in over 100 years of the industry.  Retailers couldn't give them away.  Dyson took them back for credit.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #218   Dec 10, 2009 12:55 pm
CarmineD wrote:
 < Chinese owned VAX’s masterstroke -

which only followed Dyson's DC11's success

Surely Dib-ster you're joking.  Dyson's DC11 has the shortest running production in the USA of any vacuum in over 100 years of the industry.  Retailers couldn't give them away.  Dyson took them back for credit.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

Are you residing in Europe?  What can you report of the DC11’s European and/or non-European (non-USA) countries success or the lack of?

Last word was you were hunkering and residing in two extremes (typically)…  shiverin – ‘your rear off’ or sweating – ‘your rear off’ in the retirement Shangri-La (aka the Vegas desert).   Can you see Europe from Vegas?

Dyson Invents Big

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #219   Dec 10, 2009 1:30 pm
Dib-ster:

According to your dyson facts and figures, the USA represents two thirds of the new dyson vacuum sales market.  Dyson's DC11 gets pulled from two-thirds of its new sales market in less than 9 months, never to be seen ever again.  If that is your definition of "successful" product/sales, dyson needs a better spokesperson here because you are selling fish oil to beefeaters.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #220   Dec 10, 2009 2:40 pm
advertised a new previously unthought-of dish, developed a huge following for this dish, then had some suits from Pepsi Co. eat at your place, take take-out from your place, study your ingredients and copy your dish/s... that’s all perfectly legal and so is them moving in across the street and so is them beating your pricing by 40% and after you lost your business, your home, your self esteem you’d have old-Trebor patrons eating in the Pepsi Co. store looking at your closed business saying no laws have been broken, Pepsi Co. is just giving me more value for my dollars and I’m sure Trebor and his home and his family and his kids and his kids college tuition's and his planned retirement date and ability to move to be closer to family will be just fine.  It’s just business and no laws have been broken.

Dyson Invents Big

All this rhetoric from a guy that supports putting vacuums into box stores to drive the Indies out of business. But THAT's "just business" when it suits YOUR need.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #221   Dec 10, 2009 2:56 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

According to your dyson facts and figures, the USA represents two thirds of the new dyson vacuum sales market.  Dyson's DC11 gets pulled from two-thirds of its new sales market in less than 9 months, never to be seen ever again.  If that is your definition of "successful" product/sales, dyson needs a better spokesperson here because you are selling fish oil to beefeaters.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

I’m guessing TTI missed your Dyson-data harvesting (cruising malls and parking lots and talking with dealers who’ve nailed new and used Dyson’s to their floors).

Dyson Invents Big

P.S.  I do not remember stating 2/3rds.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #222   Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm
Lucky1 wrote:

All this rhetoric from a guy that supports putting vacuums into box stores to drive the Indies out of business. But THAT's "just business" when it suits YOUR need.

No doubt your gargantuan [some] vac margins and money made sellin rubber-bands and sacks is attractive.  But I’d rather jump on the Dyson’s achieves or gets - the most attention, most free publicity, most word of mouth, most patents, most 1st to un-mined segments (ex: Dyson Ball line), most ad dollars spent (probably a U.S. record) gravy train. - But that’s just me.

Dyson Invents Big

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #223   Dec 10, 2009 4:39 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

No doubt your gargantuan [some] vac margins and money made sellin rubber-bands and sacks is attractive.  But I’d rather jump on the Dyson’s achieves or gets - the most attention, most free publicity, most word of mouth, most patents, most 1st to un-mined segments (ex: Dyson Ball line), most ad dollars spent (probably a U.S. record) gravy train. - But that’s just me.

Dyson Invents Big

Dustmite,

What makes you think Dyson has the most patents?   Have you got any evidence?   I seriously doubt it. 

I'm sure that Mr. Dyson appreciates your life long commitment to providing him with word of mouth advertisements.

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #224   Dec 10, 2009 5:54 pm
Severus wrote:
Dustmite,

What makes you think Dyson has the most patents?   Have you got any evidence?   I seriously doubt it. 

I'm sure that Mr. Dyson appreciates your life long commitment to providing him with word of mouth advertisements.

I misspoke...he has the most money making patents of the last 20 yrs (except for maybe 3M's and others sack patents).  And others have more (in numbers) and more worthless patents (few or no competitors even bother to knock-off).  Speaking of uprights and canisters.

M00seUK

Reply #225   Dec 10, 2009 8:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I misspoke...he has the most money making patents of the last 20 yrs (except for maybe 3M's and others sack patents).  And others have more (in numbers) and more worthless patents (few or no competitors even bother to knock-off).  Speaking of uprights and canisters.

It would be quite a subjective calculation, though? Number of patents vs. revenue? Say you have a product with 10 function / design patents, how much are each 'worth' to revenue earned over 12 months?
Replies: 216 - 225 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42