Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Scott3085

New Upright
Original Message   Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm
So I've decided to sell my Dyson DC23 Motorhead...it's just too fragile and I really don't feel it suits my home.  I have used a ton of vacuums in my life and still haven't found the "perfect" one for my new home.  I'm looking for a bagged upright that really grooms the carpet well, isn't terribly loud, and cleans up to the edge.   Lightweight would be a bonus too!   I have a Miele canister which is outstanding, but sometimes I want to be able to get through my house quickly without dragging the canister part behind me.  I had been looking at the Hoover Platinum Series bagged lightweight uprgiht and it looks like a strong contender.  I've used Dyson uprights before and found them too bulky.  My parents have a Sebo X4 which is nice but more than I'd like to spend.  Currently I'm borrowing their Kirby Ultimate G which is also too bulky.  Any suggestions from the experts?
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: New Upright
Reply #9   Dec 2, 2009 4:20 pm
Its too new on the market to say how long the battery lasts for and so many UK reviews are appearing because Vax is lending out vacuums to UK buyers yet no one is saying. I wouldn NEVER pay that amount of money on a cordless stick vac though.
vacmanuk

Reply #10   Dec 6, 2009 8:10 am
In actual fact does anyone have a Hoover Platinum cordless stick vac on here? Anyone care to say how long it lasts in one cleaning session and how long it takes to charge? Id rather hear from one of you guys from personal experience than trust in the stats.
CarmineD

Reply #11   Dec 6, 2009 2:28 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
In actual fact does anyone have a Hoover Platinum cordless stick vac on here? Anyone care to say how long it lasts in one cleaning session and how long it takes to charge? Id rather hear from one of you guys from personal experience than trust in the stats.

Hello Vacmanuk:

You may have viewed this already but if not, it's worth the time.  It doesn't answer your question but uses the nebulous "run time/cycle" terminology.  It may be an option for Scott if he's still inclined to sell off his dyson 23 and keep his MIELE cann and cleaning lady who uses her own vacuum.  Enjoy.

Of note is that the charge time is 3 hours and battery and charger comes with a 2 year warranty and the overall product 6 years.  With the $20 rebate, the price comes in at $160 US $. 

http://www.hoover.com/linx/rechargeable-cordless-lithium-ion-stick-vac.aspx

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #12   Dec 7, 2009 7:33 pm
Wow 3 hours is impressive. But I dont think Id pay for cordless for only that amount of time regardless. Granted if it was cheaper in the U.S then maybe.
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42