Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Original Message   May 20, 2009 7:35 pm

click picture
This message was modified May 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 17 - 26 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Reply #17   Nov 24, 2009 1:15 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I received a Dyson Animal Canada email blast today, these Dyson blasts are looking more and more like Apple’s...  clean and concise.  Click here

DIB

I read the copy... Stiff Bristle FORCED into the carpet....whoa BOY! Sounds like a disaster for carpet wear in the making. INNOVATIVE!
Lucky1

Reply #18   Nov 24, 2009 1:17 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I received a Dyson Animal Canada email blast today, these Dyson blasts are looking more and more like Apple’s...  clean and concise.  Click here

DIB

I read the copy... Stiff Bristle FORCED into the carpet....whoa BOY! Sounds like a disaster for carpet wear in the making. INNOVATIVE! Should fool another whole bunch of saps... I mean consumers.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #19   Nov 24, 2009 3:40 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB
Lucky1 wrote:
I read the copy... Stiff Bristle FORCED into the carpet....whoa BOY! Sounds like a disaster for carpet wear in the making. INNOVATIVE! Should fool another whole bunch of saps... I mean consumers.

5 out of 5 stars is what Dyson DC28 owners are reporting/reviewing on BestBuy.com.  Of course that could all change when the vac-whacks post phony reviews - after reading this and following this post date. 

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #20   Nov 24, 2009 6:34 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
DysonInventsBig wrote:
5 out of 5 stars is what Dyson DC28 owners are reporting/reviewing on BestBuy.com.  Of course that could all change when the vac-whacks post phony reviews - after reading this and following this post date. 

DIB

Hello DiB:

The Best.Buy.com reviews are impressive in terms of the star ratings.  Almost all 25 reviews give dyson's DC28 a 5 star rating.  Having used a display DC28 at Best Buy in June 2009, I was impressed by its rug's performance vice all other dyson uprights to date.  But, it is the most expensive of all dyson's to date at $599.  And, if adjusted even correctly, especially on medium to high pile carpet, I noted dyson's DC28 is hard to push/pull.  This is same critical comment made by Consumer Reports for its DC28 review. 

So, I gleaned the 25 BestBuy.com reviews quickly.  In defense of Lucky1's comment, I noted that a substantial number of these 25 reviews make note of DC28's heavy weight, difficulty to push, lack of maneuverability, need for personal muscles to use, and/or physical work out routine despite the 5 star ratings granted by these reviewers.  These comments are directly related to and/or a direct result of Lucky1's observation/conclusion: "Stiff bristle forced into the carpet ...sounds like a disaster for carpet wear in the making. 

Friction in pushing/pulling a 21 pound vacuum over the rug in time leads to pile/rug wear.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 24, 2009 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #21   Nov 24, 2009 7:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Hello DiB:

The Best.Buy.com reviews are impressive in terms of the star ratings.  Almost all 25 reviews give dyson's DC28 a 5 star rating.  Having used a display DC28 at Best Buy in June 2009, I was impressed by its rug's performance vice all other dyson uprights to date.  But, it is the most expensive of all dyson's to date at $599.  And, if adjusted even correctly, especially on medium to high pile carpet, I noted dyson's DC28 is hard to push/pull.  This is same critical comment made by Consumer Reports for its DC28 review. 

So, I gleaned the 25 BestBuy.com reviews quickly.  In defense of Lucky1's comment, I noted that a substantial number of these 25 reviews make note of DC28's heavy weight, difficulty to push, lack of maneuverability, need for personal muscles to use, and/or physical work out routine despite the 5 star ratings granted by these reviewers.  These comments are directly related to and/or a direct result of Lucky1's observation/conclusion: "Stiff bristle forced into the carpet ...sounds like a disaster for carpet wear in the making. 

Friction in pushing/pulling a 21 pound vacuum over the rug in time leads to pile/rug wear.

Carmine D.

Thats all a potential customer has to read, heavy. hard to push,hard to use,Another big money dyson product that of to never ,never land, I;m not dissing metalica.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Nov 24, 2009 7:17 pm
mole wrote:

Thats all a potential customer has to read, heavy. hard to push,hard to use,Another big money dyson product that of to never ,never land, I;m not dissing metalica.

Hello MOLE:

Always best to read the actual reviews and not just look at the star ratings.  In fact, I noted at least one of the above reviewers, despite giving dyson's DC28 a 5 star rating, knocked it for its plasticity. 

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #23   Nov 24, 2009 7:38 pm
DIB,

As there are more reviews the number will go down.If you looked at the rest of the 5 Star reviews you would see Electrolux Versatility. One reviewer said they couldn't wait to get rid of their Dyson because of their problems with it. Another reviewer had a salesman that owned a Dyson and said the customer could bring her cleaner back for a Dyson but she  liked the Versatility.

When you get  more reviews than what you have we will see if the 5 stars stays. The stars were not based on ease of use, which is one of the key things I ask a customer when they talk about buying a cleaner. They say best Vac ever but don't always say what they had before. There are many brands out there that get the same remarks when new but what will it be like in 6 months,a year?

Procare

M00seUK

Reply #24   Nov 25, 2009 6:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello MOLE:

Always best to read the actual reviews and not just look at the star ratings.  In fact, I noted at least one of the above reviewers, despite giving dyson's DC28 a 5 star rating, knocked it for its plasticity. 

Carmine D.

Did they 'knock it' because the use of plastic caused them a problem, or because they *thought* it might cause a problem?
CarmineD

Reply #25   Nov 25, 2009 7:20 am
M00seUK wrote:
Did they 'knock it' because the use of plastic caused them a problem, or because they *thought* it might cause a problem?

The user's comments, as I recall, implied that a price tag of $600 warrants better product construction than the dyson plasticity which he/she said is usually reserved for less expensive vacuums.  MOLE's comment on "metal made" sparked this user's comment and inspired me to post it.   Else I would not have mentioned.  As I recall too, the user granted a 5 star rating to dyson's DC28.

Severus recently posted that he liked the Royal Powercast upright despite its weight, if I recall almost 27 pounds, because of it's metal made construction.  He said it's the price you pay for superior performance.  I recall making the same comment to my dear Wife several years ago in our home when she complained about the Royal Powercast weight.   She too liked the performance but she just couldn't get passed the weight issue.  I took it back and it was then she tried/tested an ORECK and fell in love with it.

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #26   Nov 25, 2009 7:25 am
procare wrote:
DIB,

As there are more reviews the number will go down.If you looked at the rest of the 5 Star reviews you would see Electrolux Versatility. One reviewer said they couldn't wait to get rid of their Dyson because of their problems with it. Another reviewer had a salesman that owned a Dyson and said the customer could bring her cleaner back for a Dyson but she  liked the Versatility.

When you get  more reviews than what you have we will see if the 5 stars stays. The stars were not based on ease of use, which is one of the key things I ask a customer when they talk about buying a cleaner. They say best Vac ever but don't always say what they had before. There are many brands out there that get the same remarks when new but what will it be like in 6 months,a year?

Procare

Hello Procare:

I agree.  There is an initial 'honeymoon" period for new products and users, even if they criticize, will grant generous ratings with weeks of buying/using.  After a period, usually 6-9 months to a year, the reality sets in.  Star Ratings come more in line with real life.

Carmine D.

Replies: 17 - 26 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42