Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.
Original Message   Jun 1, 2009 1:12 pm
Replies: 56 - 65 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Scott

Re: Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.
Reply #56   Nov 13, 2009 1:26 am
Tornado and Karcher were partners in the North American market until Tornado was sold to Tacony in February 2007. Some machines are still made for Tornado by Karcher, but only a handful compared to what it once was.

In April 2007, Karcher then purchased Castle Rock Industries, including its Windsor brand.
This message was modified Nov 13, 2009 by Scott
CarmineD

Re: Just to be clear
Reply #57   Nov 13, 2009 7:06 am
Trebor wrote:
Carmine,

I respect your 50 plus years in the vacuum industry, and the decades you supported a family and supplied gainful employment for others so they could likewise support their families, but I do not worship you, sorry. Admired aquaintance and fellow vac enthusiast you are, hero, no, but then I don't think you are the sort of man who requires or desires hero worship anyway, (OK with your grandkids, I'll cut you a little slack )

Trebor

Hello Trebor:

Thank you for your kind words. 

My dear Wife is quick to remind me that even the star struck look in my granddaughters' eyes will fade with time and I should enjoy it while it lasts.  Which I intend to do by taking everyone to Disneyland next week for the week. 

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #58   Nov 13, 2009 11:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Trebor:

Thank you for your kind words. 

My dear Wife is quick to remind me that even the star struck look in my granddaughters' eyes will fade with time and I should enjoy it while it lasts.  Which I intend to do by taking everyone to Disneyland next week for the week. 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

May you and you family have a wonderful vacation/trip......i so love d-land and d- world........the west coast is beautiful this time of year......have a safe and wonderful time my friend.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #59   Nov 13, 2009 12:57 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

May you and you family have a wonderful vacation/trip......i so love d-land and d- world........the west coast is beautiful this time of year......have a safe and wonderful time my friend.

turtle1

Thank you, turtle1.  Walt and all his disney characters are favorites of mine too. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #60   Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thank you, turtle1.  Walt and all his disney characters are favorites of mine too. 

Carmine D

Walt was nice to name a character after you.  GOOFY

HAVE A WONDERFUL OUTING WITH THE FAMILY.

vacmanuk

Re: Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.
Reply #61   Nov 13, 2009 9:27 pm
Karcher and Sebo go back a long long way infact.. 1970s.
CarmineD

Reply #62   Nov 14, 2009 6:36 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Walt was nice to name a character after you.  GOOFY

HAVE A WONDERFUL OUTING WITH THE FAMILY.

Actually, and factually, it was Gepetto.  Dopey always got that wrong too!

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #63   Nov 14, 2009 7:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
Actually, and factually, it was Gepetto.  Dopey always got that wrong too!

Carmine D.

Factually it is Geppetto.  Creator of a liar.  Yep, could have been you.
CarmineD

Reply #64   Nov 14, 2009 8:58 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Factually it is Geppetto.  Creator of a liar.  Yep, could have been you.

It's fairy tale not truth as in real life.  Hard for people like you to distinguish the difference!

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #65   Nov 14, 2009 2:49 pm
Trebor wrote:
Carmine,

I respect your 50 plus years in the vacuum industry, and the decades you supported a family and supplied gainful employment for others so they could likewise support their families, but I do not worship you, sorry. Admired aquaintance and fellow vac enthusiast you are, hero, no, but then I don't think you are the sort of man who requires or desires hero worship anyway, (OK with your grandkids, I'll cut you a little slack )

DIB, 

Like some others on this and other forums you seem to have a knack  for stirring hostility against yourself.  Carmine, Venson, Severus, mole, turtle, and others are able to dialog, share differing opinions and support them with facts, or at least unapologetically acknowledge them as personal preferences or prejudices without all this truculent diatribe.  You allude to knowledge and connections in the vacuum industry, and to be fair you seem to be on top of the current patent issues, but it's all rather vague and insubstantial.  I grow weary of the boorishness of your exchanges.  You might actually be a decent person. Why not give yourself a chance, and us a chance to take things to a higher level.  Leave the verbal brawling where it belongs, on the grammar school playground.

I looked at the Consumer Oct 2009 reports and they rated Kirby and Dyson as the two most reliable uprights. OK, I can buy that. But I have a little trouble believing Simplicty/Riccar and Miele are among the lowest in relaiability. Now, true, the lowest still means only about 14% needed repair, but can anyone explain precisely how the figures are derived? Does the response require a model and serial number? Are people accidentally, or puposefully mis-reporting the ages of their vacuums? My experience was always that people vastly underestimated the age of their vacuums,and vastly overstated the cost of any repairs because for most people a vacuum cleaner is a grudge expense. People resent the money they spend on their vacuums. So how does the collection of reliability data work and how accurate is it? I am not interested in any bashing of C/R or similar agencies. I really want to understand how the data is gathered and reported, and of what value it is in making a vacuum purchase.

By the way, has anyone seen the Karcher household canisters? I saw them online, but not in the USA, at least yet. I also saw two models of the SEBO Felix in yellow, can't remember if they were Tornado or Karcher.  Was Karcher with Tornado at one time? Or are/were they simply buying  the same/similar machines and having them labeled?

Trebor

Trebor,

I am a good guy and so is James Dyson.  Many here dislike me/like to dislike me and why shouldn’t they?  I expose the many trickery's and falsehoods (sugar coated words for lying and twisting) told by competing manufacturers and their representatives.  And I expose the inventive ineptness and much copying by said manufacturers.  Like most, I hate the lazy, thieving and liars.  Somehow and for some reason competing [to Dyson] dealers believe they’re livelihoods should be supported while telling untruths (another sugar coated word for lies).  My track record is clear, I never (to the best of my knowledge) hammer on, make fun of or confront any dealer or enthusiast’s who fly’s straight as pertaining to Dyson.  Did I confront Carmine when his Dyson dealer buddy said some wire harnesses are faulty?  No.  And you won’t find me confronting anyone who has a valid point (can be proven true).  How helpful is dumping on Dyson for Dyson-dealers like Dusty?  He sell’s Dyson’s and other brands.  If I were him I’d be piss’d off at the clowns for lying of my products.  He seems like a good guy, but why should he debate his income generator much (his Dyson’s) when he has me?  On the clubber site, many there have a small mans mentality and need to dump on men who get things done, create inventions, create jobs and wealth.  The club site and being with clubbers is a better vehicle for unsubstantiated Dyson bashing (a sugar coated word for bad-mouthing).  If you want to try out any new Dyson bashing or Dyson bad-mouthing concepts and see if I can defeat them then this is what mole and I do and Carmine and I do and Venson and I do. 

I liked what Model2 had to offer here, and I liked what Motorhead had to offer here and I liked what T.G. offered here (long ago) and they are gone – I did not chase them away and that’s demonstrable.

Is there anyone in the UK more knowledgeable about vacuums and vacuum history than Model2?  Is there anyone more willing to post vacuum videos than Model2?  Have you seen Model2’s YouTube channel?  The newer Dyson inventions are approaching ¼ million hits, and no other vacuum or brand (he’s uploaded) comes close to these numbers and interest and in such a short time frame.  Carmine worked him over pretty good and over petty things like how he cared for his vacuum/s.  Carmine and mole worked Motorhead over pretty good too.  And surprise, surprise – they’re gone.  Go figure.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 14, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 56 - 65 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42