Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.
Original Message   Jun 1, 2009 1:12 pm
Replies: 46 - 55 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Samsung's- Dirt Devil Eraser / Halo inspired UV patent.
Reply #46   Jun 29, 2009 5:43 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
&lt;BR&gt;<BR>
Sorry for the lateness of reply. In the UK and Europe some voltages are the same and some aren't, so as with the U.S if a UK buyer decides to buy in another model that isn't UK specific it may have a different voltage/amperage and a transformer would have to be bought so that the machine can work. In the UK generally buyers are not getting different models border by border, or district by district. Due to the size geographically of the UK any of the home websites of the brands on offer usually offer the same machines anywhere in the UK. As for Samsung being better than LG (response to HARDSELL) just because they appear to be better than LG in the audio department doesn't neccessarily mean its the same with every product line they make. I know this from experience and also that Panasonic's older upright and cylinder vacs are completelty different than they are in the U.S, are no less efficient but suffer from two drive belts, high noise and poor quality - which is nothing like any of the audio equipment I own with a Panasonic label on it. Infact in the U.S Panasonic's upright cleaners are available under the Miele Powerhouse tag.

hi

ive heard that vacuums adapted [ transformer]  to run on a different voltage dont last as long..less performance. never tried so im not sure...have you.

vacmanuk

Reply #47   Jul 3, 2009 11:20 pm
I have never bought a vacuum cleaner that has a different voltage or needed a transformer other than a 110V Numatic Henry commercial tub I had to work with and the one I tried was already something like 15 years old. Its still going I think!
DysonInventsBig

Reply #48   Nov 12, 2009 3:06 pm
Model2 wrote:
I think it's interesting that, as yet, Electrolux do not offer a multi-cyclonic bagless system. Hoover do, Dyson do, Vax do - in other words, all the other top sellers, other than Lux. They must have something currently in development, it would be unusual forsuch a popular mainstream-brand to lag so far behind the rest of the industry.

Model2,

Don’t let the vac-whacks push you off this forum.  Pick your topics and/or battles and control the conversations.  I do.

Electrolux has applied for U.S. conical [Dyson inspired?] separation patent protection.  U.S. patent app: 20090235482 or zip file here.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Trebor

Reply #49   Nov 12, 2009 3:23 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Model2,

Don’t let the vac-whacks push you off this forum.  Pick your topics and/or battles and control the conversations.  I do.

Control the conversations?

DIB, You are a legend in your own mind!
Trebor

Reply #50   Nov 12, 2009 3:23 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Model2,

DysonInventsBig

Reply #51   Nov 12, 2009 4:35 pm
Trebor wrote:

How about... “steer the conversation” instead.

If you want to see a legend, then step back from your Carmine hero worship and take a look at the narcissistic-abuse he and others posted to T.G., Motorhead and Model2.  Turning away 3 top guys (historians) is in whose best interest?…the forums?...it’s readers (posters and consumers)?  T.G was a consumer-favorite at another site at one point in time.  Look around, where are they?

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #52   Nov 12, 2009 6:13 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
How about... “steer the conversation” instead.

If you want to see a legend, then step back from your Carmine hero worship and take a look at the narcissistic-abuse he and others posted to T.G., Motorhead and Model2.  Turning away 3 top guys (historians) is in whose best interest?…the forums?...it’s readers (posters and consumers)?  T.G was a consumer-favorite at another site at one point in time.  Look around, where are they?

DIB

dyson iB:

MH is alive and well and posts here if you read regularly.  TG has moved on to bigger and better things as vacuum museum curator and made amens with Tacony which debarred him as an authorized dealer when he was gung ho on dyson.  BTW, I advised Tom that it would.  Not sure about Model2.  But if he chooses to post here/not that's his business.  No adult makes another adult do anything that they don't want to do.  It's something we adults call free-will.

All may come and go here if they choose, even you.  Tho of late you appear to be on the defensive spouting conspiracy theories and psychotic interpretations of peoples' posts that bear little usefulness to the forum except in your own mind. 

Carmine D.    

This message was modified Nov 12, 2009 by CarmineD
Trebor

Just to be clear
Reply #53   Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm
Carmine,

I respect your 50 plus years in the vacuum industry, and the decades you supported a family and supplied gainful employment for others so they could likewise support their families, but I do not worship you, sorry. Admired aquaintance and fellow vac enthusiast you are, hero, no, but then I don't think you are the sort of man who requires or desires hero worship anyway, (OK with your grandkids, I'll cut you a little slack )

DIB, 

Like some others on this and other forums you seem to have a knack  for stirring hostility against yourself.  Carmine, Venson, Severus, mole, turtle, and others are able to dialog, share differing opinions and support them with facts, or at least unapologetically acknowledge them as personal preferences or prejudices without all this truculent diatribe.  You allude to knowledge and connections in the vacuum industry, and to be fair you seem to be on top of the current patent issues, but it's all rather vague and insubstantial.  I grow weary of the boorishness of your exchanges.  You might actually be a decent person. Why not give yourself a chance, and us a chance to take things to a higher level.  Leave the verbal brawling where it belongs, on the grammar school playground.

I looked at the Consumer Oct 2009 reports and they rated Kirby and Dyson as the two most reliable uprights. OK, I can buy that. But I have a little trouble believing Simplicty/Riccar and Miele are among the lowest in relaiability. Now, true, the lowest still means only about 14% needed repair, but can anyone explain precisely how the figures are derived? Does the response require a model and serial number? Are people accidentally, or puposefully mis-reporting the ages of their vacuums? My experience was always that people vastly underestimated the age of their vacuums,and vastly overstated the cost of any repairs because for most people a vacuum cleaner is a grudge expense. People resent the money they spend on their vacuums. So how does the collection of reliability data work and how accurate is it? I am not interested in any bashing of C/R or similar agencies. I really want to understand how the data is gathered and reported, and of what value it is in making a vacuum purchase.

By the way, has anyone seen the Karcher household canisters? I saw them online, but not in the USA, at least yet. I also saw two models of the SEBO Felix in yellow, can't remember if they were Tornado or Karcher.  Was Karcher with Tornado at one time? Or are/were they simply buying  the same/similar machines and having them labeled?

Trebor

This message was modified Nov 12, 2009 by Trebor
retardturtle1

Re: Just to be clear
Reply #54   Nov 13, 2009 12:28 am
Trebor wrote:
Carmine,

I respect your 50 plus years in the vacuum industry, and the decades you supported a family and supplied gainful employment for others so they could likewise support their families, but I do not worship you, sorry. Admired aquaintance and fellow vac enthusiast you are, hero, no, but then I don't think you are the sort of man who requires or desires hero worship anyway, (OK with your grandkids, I'll cut you a little slack )

DIB, 

Like some others on this and other forums you seem to have a knack  for stirring hostility against yourself.  Carmine, Venson, Severus, mole, turtle, and others are able to dialog, share differing opinions and support them with facts, or at least unapologetically acknowledge them as personal preferences or prejudices without all this truculent diatribe.  You allude to knowledge and connections in the vacuum industry, and to be fair you seem to be on top of the current patent issues, but it's all rather vague and insubstantial.  I grow weary of the boorishness of your exchanges.  You might actually be a decent person. Why not give yourself a chance, and us a chance to take things to a higher level.  Leave the verbal brawling where it belongs, on the grammar school playground.

I looked at the Consumer Oct 2009 reports and they rated Kirby and Dyson as the two most reliable uprights. OK, I can buy that. But I have a little trouble believing Simplicty/Riccar and Miele are among the lowest in relaiability. Now, true, the lowest still means only about 14% needed repair, but can anyone explain precisely how the figures are derived? Does the response require a model and serial number? Are people accidentally, or puposefully mis-reporting the ages of their vacuums? My experience was always that people vastly underestimated the age of their vacuums,and vastly overstated the cost of any repairs because for most people a vacuum cleaner is a grudge expense. People resent the money they spend on their vacuums. So how does the collection of reliability data work and how accurate is it? I am not interested in any bashing of C/R or similar agencies. I really want to understand how the data is gathered and reported, and of what value it is in making a vacuum purchase.

By the way, has anyone seen the Karcher household canisters? I saw them online, but not in the USA, at least yet. I also saw two models of the SEBO Felix in yellow, can't remember if they were Tornado or Karcher.  Was Karcher with Tornado at one time? Or are/were they simply buying  the same/similar machines and having them labeled?

Trebor

HI TREBOR

Never seen Karcher anywhere or in any shops around here........one shop 30min north of me carries commercial eqip. Tornado mainly.....thought they were somehow in  with Tacony.....not sure ....but  rare is it that we get a sebo, tornado,miele,riccar in for repairs......annual services in most cases. I agree on the data part.....dont see how it can be all that accurate........but its somewhat of a starting point ...i guess....gotta start somewhere,...to me a vac forum is a great place to start.....and gather info...knowledge is power....ive grown somewhat leary of c/r over the last year.....just the way i feel i guess.......but i have heard that karcher was top notch....some of the local detail shops use them......thats all i know of them.....so far.

turtle1

dusty

Re: Just to be clear
Reply #55   Nov 13, 2009 12:46 am
Trebor wrote:

Karcher and Tornado share many machines in common...can't say I've ever seen a felix with either label though.  I have seen the Felix under the Windsor label, who also share many machines with Sebo, Karcher and Tornado.

Dusty

http://www.windsorind.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=145
Replies: 46 - 55 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42