Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover/Dirt Devil/Vax

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Hoover/Dirt Devil/Vax
Original Message   Oct 26, 2009 9:30 am
TTI Bought Royal and then Hoover USA. Vax was acquired by Royal prior to that.

There seem to be similarities certain Bissell carpet cleaners share with these brands. Anyone know anything about this?

The D/D i vac seems to have disappeared from their website. It was Vax before that, Bosch before that, Siemens before that. Anyone know where the original design came from? The new D/D Gator vac looks similar to Shark/EuroPro, especially the power nozzle. 

Finally, from the first time I saw the Shark cordless power sweeper, I thought it would make one heck of a battery operated power nozzle! Instant upgrade for older canisters, and power sweeping under beds and couches for uprights.  The tray would catch the heavy objects.  Good idea, even if I did think of it.

Replies: 2 - 11 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Hoover/Dirt Devil/Vax
Reply #2   Oct 27, 2009 3:06 pm
The big box uprights that you see on the market esp ones from Bissell, Electrolux, Hoover, Dirt Devil, Vax - all of them come from one main Chinese factory. Accordingly whoever then pays extra license fees will find their own name brand on a similar upright model that is available elsewhere. For example, in the UK we have Proaction which is a mix of LG and Dirt Devil U.S models that the UK doesn't get much of, despite Vax churning out similar based models but not the SAME. However under a different brand name you can buy a Dirt Devil U.S model without any knowledge.
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #3   Nov 10, 2009 5:33 am
Trebor wrote:
TTI Bought Royal and then Hoover USA. Vax was acquired by Royal prior to that.

There seem to be similarities certain Bissell carpet cleaners share with these brands. Anyone know anything about this?

The D/D i vac seems to have disappeared from their website. It was Vax before that, Bosch before that, Siemens before that. Anyone know where the original design came from? The new D/D Gator vac looks similar to Shark/EuroPro, especially the power nozzle. 

Finally, from the first time I saw the Shark cordless power sweeper, I thought it would make one heck of a battery operated power nozzle! Instant upgrade for older canisters, and power sweeping under beds and couches for uprights.  The tray would catch the heavy objects.  Good idea, even if I did think of it.

TTI purchased VAX, but Royal did not purchase VAX.  Royal did use some VAX products, in the USA, before ever being purchased by TTI.

I can help you w/the DD, VAX, Bosch upright question also.  This DD ivac was originally designed and made by TTI.  Remember,  TTI was/is a major designer/marketer of vacuum cleaners, not only for them, but for other companies.

TTI is not the only vacuum cleaner manufacturer in China.  Like I said way back on the other forum, There are hundreds of factories making vacuum cleaners alone in China.  There are major factories that you may recognize like TTI, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, and Daewoo to name a few.  Then there are other companies that make vacuum cleaners, for the USA, that you would not even recognize.
This message was modified Nov 10, 2009 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #4   Nov 10, 2009 7:03 am
A short narrative on the Chinese economy and perhaps an insight into the reasons companies have their production plants there, in addition to cheaper labor costs.  Of interest when you read this blurb is that the "middle class" alone in China is expected to number 300 MILLION in a few short years, about the total population of the USA.  Keep in mind too that while China's economy and people are growing by leaps and bounds, the rest of the global economy is tanking and forecasts are the trend will continue.

Enjoy.

Carmine D.

________________________________________________________________________________________

China's economy expected to grow faster in 2009: World Bank report
www.chinaview.cn 2009-11-04 16:55:13   

BEIJING, Nov. 4 (Xinhua) -- The World Bank on Wednesday raised China's economic growth forecast for this year and projected sustainable and robust growth in 2010.

China's gross domestic product would increase 8.4 percent this year, making the country's goal of 8 percent within reach, the Washington-based lender said in its latest update on China's economy.

In June, the bank raised its forecast of China's economic growth rate in 2009 to 7.2 percent from its earlier forecast of 6.5 percent.

Ardo Hansson, the bank's lead economist for China, attributed the possible faster growth to the Chinese government's massive fiscal and monetary stimulus.

China registered an economic growth rate of 8.9 percent in the third quarter and the figure for the first nine months stood at 7.7 percent, according to the National bureau of Statistics in October.

The report said China would see robust growth continue in 2010, and rising exports would help drive growth.

Hansson said China's economy would rely more on domestic consumption and a more flexible exchange rate policy should be worked out as the U.S. currency would continue weakening.

The bank advised China put more emphasis on consumption and services rather than investment and industry with an aim of achieving balanced and sustainable economic development.

Conditions were not yet ripe for major tightening, but, in the context of abundant liquidity, risks of asset price bubbles and misallocation of resources did exist, and the government should be well prepared for them, said Louis Kuijs, the bank's senior economist in Beijing.

vacmanuk

Reply #5   Nov 10, 2009 5:19 pm
"...Then there are other companies that make vacuum cleaners, for the USA, that you would not even recognize..." as Mike W says, including Miele's Powerhouse uprights which are the Panasonic here.
Trebor

Reply #6   Nov 11, 2009 2:51 pm
So Does TTI own any production facilities of their own? Or do they simply purchase models made to their specs and branded Hoover, Dirt Devil, Vax, the way EurekaLux and Bissell do?  Are all of these factories independent? Or like the most of the major brand name appliances in the world today, are they all in bed with each other making products for whichever whore will pay their price?
Venson

Reply #7   Nov 11, 2009 4:18 pm
Trebor wrote:
So Does TTI own any production facilities of their own? Or do they simply purchase models made to their specs and branded Hoover, Dirt Devil, Vax, the way EurekaLux and Bissell do?  Are all of these factories independent? Or like the most of the major brand name appliances in the world today, are they all in bed with each other making products for whichever whore will pay their price?

Hi again Trebor,

Check out Alibaba.com when you've time. Set up a search for "vacuum cleaner" and choose any country you're interested in from the pull-down menu. The search results may prove quite interesting.

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #8   Nov 11, 2009 5:55 pm
Image from Tacony Manufacturing's web site...

Trebor

Reply #9   Nov 13, 2009 10:50 am
Interesting, DIB

Thanks for posting the map

Trebor
procare

Reply #10   Nov 13, 2009 11:24 am
Very Interesting map. Not included in U.S. -Tristar, Aerus/Lux, Fairfax, Air Storm, Rainbow,. All are made and sold in U.S.A. Makes me think they want people believe they are the only American cleaners beside KIrby,Oreck and themselves made here for people that buy American.

Procare

procare

Reply #11   Nov 13, 2009 11:57 am
  Before I leave this site for awhile there is also Miracle Mate and one other  that the name isn't remembered right now but I will get back to you on that.

Procare

Replies: 2 - 11 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42