Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 81 - 90 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #81   Oct 15, 2009 4:30 pm
DIB:

I find his posts hilarious.  I didn't realize that in this age and time some of the oldest and most legendary vacuum industry myths are still being circulated and believed.  What's even more hilarious is that if I remember correctly he said he is/was a paid reviewer for vacuum products and worked for Which?  Like they say:  What have you been doing all your life??

So, DIB should we now add Consumer Reports to the anti-dyson conspiracy along with all the indies in the USA? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by CarmineD
procare

Reply #82   Oct 15, 2009 4:44 pm
Carmine,

Earlier you stated that the last cleaner gets more dirt. Ther have been a few instances that I let the owner have the last vacuuming and had a clean bag or bin and they hardly pulled anything. A few times customers said they vacuumed before I came had new bag or bin and wasn't getting anything. One was a  two month old Dyson DC- 14  and one was a new Filter Queen and I really dug the dirt out and shocked the customers. Tri Star told a customer that they could clean the whole house and no one would pull anything behind them. When I went in to demo , they were still there and I beat him out. He tried everything in the book to show me and my trainee up but failed. He had a new man with him. Tried to sell her a new scratched unit and failed. Delivered a new machine next day. I told her and showed her what it would do and didn't cut the other man down. Hired the Tri Star trainee and trained him . Good honest salesman today. I tell people about the so called trick of the trade because I will always pull far more dirt after them . When I go to another area  i ask them to go behind me They hardly pull anything.

Procare

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by procare
CarmineD

Reply #83   Oct 15, 2009 5:00 pm
Hello Procare:

Your post about the Lux and letting dyson go last and getting hardly anything out coincides with Severus' post.  A HOOVER up would pull more out going last than a dyson would pull out going last.  Of course, as Severus says if you stay at it long enough with a dyson EVENTUALLY a DC14 would get some more out.  Perhaps 14/15 passes.  Maybe 27/28 passes back and forth.  Maybe that's how dyson picks model numbers.  But dyson's especially the models discontinued now are equipped with wimpy brush rolls [I mean bars].  James must have had a technological innovatively lazy hour when it came to the old style dyson brush bars.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #84   Oct 15, 2009 5:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Procare:

Your post about the Lux and letting dyson go last and getting hardly anything out coincides with Severus' post.  A HOOVER up would pull more out going last than a dyson would pull out going last.  Of course, as Severus says if you stay at it long enough with a dyson EVENTUALLY a DC14 would get some more out.  Perhaps 14/15 passes.  Maybe 27/28 passes back and forth.  Maybe that's how dyson picks model numbers.  But dyson's especially the models discontinued now are equipped with wimpy brush rolls [I mean bars].  James must have had a technological innovatively lazy hour when it came to the old style dyson brush bars.

Carmine D.

As you know I had a DC07 and a Hoover Fusion at thr same time.  The Dyson beat it every time.  The dirt was weighed on extremely accurate pharmacy scales.

The Orecks are embarrased to put a number on all but the XL21.  It has to be run 21 times a week to get a bare minimum of dirt out of carpets.  The others have to be used so many times they chose to elkiminate the number.  XL = Xtremely Long time to vacuum.

HARDSELL

Reply #85   Oct 15, 2009 5:34 pm
CarmineD wrote:
SEVERUS:

A very savvy poster here once wrote that the HOOVER uprights are the gold standard of carpet cleaning and grooming.  Consumer Reports gets it right on this one.

Carmine D.

A not so savy poster also once told Hoover that Dyson would never sell.  Look what it cost him.
Lucky1

Reply #86   Oct 15, 2009 5:39 pm
Acerone wrote:
Our local Oreck store went out of business. It was located in the Best Buy strip mall, looks like BB killed them....

I'm pretty sure it was Oreck that killed the Oreck Store. Since the new INVESTORS in Oreck the have been selling product cheaply in BOX STORES, on QVC and the Oreck Company INTERNET WEB SITE does nothing for the franchisee. Years ago maybe the "Bag Sales" were enough to carry a small shop but with rents and lower margins it's no longer possible. Taking away vacuum sales and making dealers honor warranties for virtually nothing will be the undoing of Oreck. I wouldn't be surprised if the company tried to buy the stores in larger markets once they have forced their indies out.
HARDSELL

Reply #87   Oct 15, 2009 5:58 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was Oreck that killed the Oreck Store. Since the new INVESTORS in Oreck the have been selling product cheaply in BOX STORES, on QVC and the Oreck Company INTERNET WEB SITE does nothing for the franchisee. Years ago maybe the "Bag Sales" were enough to carry a small shop but with rents and lower margins it's no longer possible. Taking away vacuum sales and making dealers honor warranties for virtually nothing will be the undoing of Oreck. I wouldn't be surprised if the company tried to buy the stores in larger markets once they have forced their indies out.

I think that you are right on Lucky.  Also,  they are beginning to show signs of "desperate for business".

They only have stores in major metropolitan areas.  WM, Kmart, BB, HH Greg and many other big box stores are so much more convenient.  Who is going to buy a vac and have to drive 50, 100 or more miles to take it back to the franchised store for service which is pretty regular.

M00seUK

Reply #88   Oct 15, 2009 6:14 pm
Great parody!
---

http://gizmodo.com/5382453/

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #89   Oct 15, 2009 6:52 pm
Hello Lucky1

I would never ever pay ORECK $300,000 for a franchise.  I'd take the money and buy a building.  Why be at the mercy of any brand and pay them for it.  It doesn't make sense.  If I want to be my own boss [and I that's largely the reason I went in the business], why would I ever buy a brand's franchise?  I never signed a business contract with any vacuum brand maker in 42 years.  I was an authorized sales and service dealer for 4 major vacuum brands.  We did business based on an handshake, or we didn't do business.  My store, my rules.  If they didn't agree, I thanked them, and  I showed them the door.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #90   Oct 15, 2009 6:57 pm
Not realy a parody as much as honesty.  Why buy a $300 10 inch fan, and/or a $330 12 inch fan when a $10 one will do just fine.  dyson has made some real foibles on the invention front.  But this has to be right up there with the dc11.  I can't imagine a single solitary fan sold at this price.  Not now.  Not ever.  Dyson will be gifting them with the purchase of vacuums after they give away all the handhelds.

Carmine D.

Replies: 81 - 90 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42