Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 65 - 74 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #65   Oct 14, 2009 5:23 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
 Yes, we know.   This problem is non-existent with the Dyson’s.

Perhaps someday you ought to obtain a non-DC07 Dyson and study how the by-design separation works.  It would make our talks more fun.

DIB

The problem with fibrous clogging is existent with all multi-cyclones including dyson.  I bought and used a dyson DC07 pink.  Before that, used a DC07 All Floors.  Experienced pet hair clogging the dyson shroud openings.  Serviced a few dysons too from homes with pets.  Noticed the same.  Talked to indies who repair dysons and they advised that they encounterered the same findings and agree with the interim report.

Of course, you can tune all this out.  But it doesn't change the reality.  Like an ostrich burying its head in the sand. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #66   Oct 14, 2009 7:06 pm
The thing is though and even if I think Miele and Sebo are the best at pick up, at the end of the day there really is no comparison with dyson. Take a bit of carpet and put in a new fresh bag in your Oreck and go over it. See what the machine picks up. Take a Dyson and go over the carpet after it. You'll still find the Dyson picks up more.
M00seUK

Reply #67   Oct 14, 2009 7:11 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The thing is though and even if I think Miele and Sebo are the best at pick up, at the end of the day there really is no comparison with dyson. Take a bit of carpet and put in a new fresh bag in your Oreck and go over it. See what the machine picks up. Take a Dyson and go over the carpet after it. You'll still find the Dyson picks up more.

Oh no, what have you started now... 
This message was modified Oct 14, 2009 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #68   Oct 14, 2009 9:22 pm
Guys:

It's the oldest trick of the trade in the vacuum selling play book.  The vacuum that goes last always takes more dirt out.  Why?  Dealt with this before here.  You're just not paying attention.  A rug can holds its weight in dirt and still look clean.  You can never get all the dirt out.  Keep going over and over the same area, with the same vacuum or different, and more dirt comes out every time.   It's how many a vacuum was sold back in the day. 

Good to go over these old achived tricks of trade/techniques.  Just when you think everyone has heard about them, somebody proves us wrong.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #69   Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Guys:

It's the oldest trick of the trade in the vacuum selling play book.  The vacuum that goes last always takes more dirt out.  Why?  Dealt with this before here.  You're just not paying attention.  A rug can holds its weight in dirt and still look clean.  You can never get all the dirt out.  Keep going over and over the same area, with the same vacuum or different, and more dirt comes out every time.   It's how many a vacuum was sold back in the day. 

Good to go over these old achived tricks of trade/techniques.  Just when you think everyone has heard about them, somebody proves us wrong.

Carmine D.

A trick that Oreck still uses.  BTW, your carpet must be very very heavy.

Strange, when the Kirby was demoed at my home the salesman had to run it for a few minutes to get dirt on the pad that they use. 

CarmineD

Reply #70   Oct 15, 2009 7:22 am
ORECK had enough money to buy up halo after it failed.  That was not trickery.  That was cash.  Wonder who'll be next?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #71   Oct 15, 2009 10:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
ORECK had enough money to buy up halo after it failed.  That was not trickery.  That was cash.  Wonder who'll be next?

Carmine D.

The trickery is in the marketing.  Build a vac for $50 or less and sell for $800.  It will however perform almost as good as a $50 vacuum.

BTW, You tried to divert my comment because you know I spoke the truth.

Acerone

Reply #72   Oct 15, 2009 11:03 am
Our local Oreck store went out of business. It was located in the Best Buy strip mall, looks like BB killed them....
DysonInventsBig

Reply #73   Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm
Dyson air multiplier videos

DysonInventsBig wrote:
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Which Magazine has their Live launch archived (includes a QT Multiplier promo video):
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/dyson-air-multiplier-fan-launch-186125.jsp
DysonInventsBig wrote: DysonInventsBig wrote:
Sir James Dyson enjoying free press (airtime) on CNBC:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1293828771&play=1

NY News coverage - Dyson air multiplier launch event:
http://ny1.com/9-staten-island-news-content/ny1_living/107332/new-dyson-fan-blows-away-the-need-for-blades

CarmineD

Reply #74   Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm
I can think of a brand that produces $500 plus vacuums that don't perform as well a $50 HOOVER TEMPO!   

Carmine D.

Replies: 65 - 74 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42