Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 59 - 68 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #59   Oct 14, 2009 2:18 pm
That Oreck belt in the spare undercarriage is all very well. However to change the roller brush or clean it involves taking off quite a few too many screws on the sole plate. In the UK Oreck seem to think owners should be replacing their brush rolls every year.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #60   Oct 14, 2009 2:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Guys:

In contemplating a sit down with Sir James I would as a matter of curiosity pose this question and ask the distinguished British inventor to comment on it:

In an interim report about changing test procedures of iec 60312 it says:  " Multi cyclones are excellent for filtering dust type solids but can have some problems with fibrous materials due to a tendency to agglomerate as they enter the cyclone."  The report goes on to say that a barrier or filter was needed prior to entering the cyclone.  What are your thoughts and comments on this Mr. Dyson. 

Or anyone else who likes dyson speak.

Carmine D.

Carmine,
The more you talk the more you expose your true-cyclonic ineptness.  The backyard inventor and his team invented this filter long ago – the perforated shroud.  Sir James and his team discover and develop inventions and then the testing bodies play catch-up.

Do you think quoting the IEC (glowing) report helps or hurts your indie buddies who’s livelihood depends on selling bagged vacuums and the [often exclusive to the indie] replacement bags?

DIB
This message was modified Oct 14, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #61   Oct 14, 2009 4:46 pm
DIB/Mr. dyson [with a small d]:

All cyclonic vacuums have shrouds including dyson.  Small fibrous materials penetrate the shoud openings and "agglomerate"  in the cyclones impeding suction and filtration.  Cyclones can't filter out.  Need a barrier aka filter. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #62   Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
That Oreck belt in the spare undercarriage is all very well. However to change the roller brush or clean it involves taking off quite a few too many screws on the sole plate. In the UK Oreck seem to think owners should be replacing their brush rolls every year.

6 small screws on the soleplate.  Takes less than a minute to remove them and get to the brush roll.  Takes less than a minute to replace the belt which requires removal of only one screw. 

I have owned and used my ORECK for over 2 years.  The brush is still like brand new.  Haven't had to clean it yet either.   I have a yellow English lab which sheds year round.  No dog hair in and around the brush roll compartment.  I attribute this to fact that the suction is 2 inches from the carpet so it pulls all the dirt, pet hair and debris picked up off the rugs/floors into the vacuum, out of the brush roll compartment, and into the bag.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #63   Oct 14, 2009 5:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB/Mr. dyson [with a small d]:

All cyclonic vacuums have shrouds including dyson.  Small fibrous materials penetrate the shoud openings and "agglomerate"  in the cyclones impeding suction and filtration.  Cyclones can't filter out.  Need a barrier aka filter. 

Carmine D.

Yes, we know.   This problem is non-existent with the Dyson’s.

Perhaps someday you ought to obtain a non-DC07 Dyson and study how the by-design separation works.  It would make our talks more fun.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #64   Oct 14, 2009 5:14 pm
BTW, my grand daughters have toys that require more time and as many screws to remove/replace the batteries.  The toys' batteries don't last as long as the ORECK belts and I use thw ORECK daily.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #65   Oct 14, 2009 5:23 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
 Yes, we know.   This problem is non-existent with the Dyson’s.

Perhaps someday you ought to obtain a non-DC07 Dyson and study how the by-design separation works.  It would make our talks more fun.

DIB

The problem with fibrous clogging is existent with all multi-cyclones including dyson.  I bought and used a dyson DC07 pink.  Before that, used a DC07 All Floors.  Experienced pet hair clogging the dyson shroud openings.  Serviced a few dysons too from homes with pets.  Noticed the same.  Talked to indies who repair dysons and they advised that they encounterered the same findings and agree with the interim report.

Of course, you can tune all this out.  But it doesn't change the reality.  Like an ostrich burying its head in the sand. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #66   Oct 14, 2009 7:06 pm
The thing is though and even if I think Miele and Sebo are the best at pick up, at the end of the day there really is no comparison with dyson. Take a bit of carpet and put in a new fresh bag in your Oreck and go over it. See what the machine picks up. Take a Dyson and go over the carpet after it. You'll still find the Dyson picks up more.
M00seUK

Reply #67   Oct 14, 2009 7:11 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The thing is though and even if I think Miele and Sebo are the best at pick up, at the end of the day there really is no comparison with dyson. Take a bit of carpet and put in a new fresh bag in your Oreck and go over it. See what the machine picks up. Take a Dyson and go over the carpet after it. You'll still find the Dyson picks up more.

Oh no, what have you started now... 
This message was modified Oct 14, 2009 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #68   Oct 14, 2009 9:22 pm
Guys:

It's the oldest trick of the trade in the vacuum selling play book.  The vacuum that goes last always takes more dirt out.  Why?  Dealt with this before here.  You're just not paying attention.  A rug can holds its weight in dirt and still look clean.  You can never get all the dirt out.  Keep going over and over the same area, with the same vacuum or different, and more dirt comes out every time.   It's how many a vacuum was sold back in the day. 

Good to go over these old achived tricks of trade/techniques.  Just when you think everyone has heard about them, somebody proves us wrong.

Carmine D.

Replies: 59 - 68 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42