Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 50 - 59 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #50   Oct 14, 2009 7:21 am
M00seUK wrote:
My, that's quite a 'free' prime time advert he had there, wasn't it? Roll over while I tickle your belly! You should see the grilling spokespeople like him get on BBC News!
Interesting that he said that while vac sales have gone down in the recession, Dyson's market share has gone up.

Figures lie and liars figure.  Sounds like dyson went from his old reliable "largest dollar share of vacuums sold" to a new measure.  Give me the cold hard numbers not the dyson speak. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #51   Oct 14, 2009 7:23 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You made the statement.  The burden is on you to prove that you are correct.

Just for thought.  If they go stale on the shelf how long does it take one to go stale in use.

You forget again I bought 4 new ORECKS and the belts were fine on all of them.

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #52   Oct 14, 2009 9:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Figures lie and liars figure.  Sounds like dyson went from his old reliable "largest dollar share of vacuums sold" to a new measure.  Give me the cold hard numbers not the dyson speak. 

Carmine D.

One of the US networks should have your good self on as a guest interviewer for Dyson one day. Heck, I'd pay good money on Pay Per View for that :-p

Still, back we go to your tried and tested formula of walking around the stores in Nevada...
HARDSELL

Reply #53   Oct 14, 2009 11:12 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

You do not represent the world.  Regardless of what you think.

4 is nothing in comparison to total units manufactured.  Remember it was you who suggested that another poster check the belt for in box deterioration.

HARDSELL

Reply #54   Oct 14, 2009 11:13 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

You seem to forget that my DC07 was problem free for years.
CarmineD

Reply #55   Oct 14, 2009 12:21 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You seem to forget that my DC07 was problem free for years.

3 years.  Pretty good.  Missed out on the extra year ESP you paid for.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #56   Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You do not represent the world.  Regardless of what you think.

4 is nothing in comparison to total units manufactured.  Remember it was you who suggested that another poster check the belt for in box deterioration.

Never said I did.  I stand for me, myself and I and the 3 others who were gifted the ORECKs.  That's all that matters.  BTW, each ORECK comes with a spare belt in the undercarriage of the head.  Those were good too. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #57   Oct 14, 2009 12:29 pm
M00seUK wrote:
One of the US networks should have your good self on as a guest interviewer for Dyson one day. Heck, I'd pay good money on Pay Per View for that :-p

Still, back we go to your tried and tested formula of walking around the stores in Nevada...

I welcome the opportunity.  Just one of my many ways.  42 years in the vacuum sales and service business and 15 plus years as an industry consultant.  I've made many professional and personal contacts over the years.  I use them all as resources.  I still keep up a frequent dialogue with the indies here in Las Vegas, and others around the country.  Good well rounded sphere of influence on all matters related to vacuums.  As I say, I get by with a little help from my friends. 

But its not about me here, least it shouldn't be.  It should be about the products.  Much more authentic reviwer opinions when people actually BUY and USE the products that they opine on.  Rather than talk about them ad infinitum and ad nauseum when they never took any money out of their pockets to buy. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #58   Oct 14, 2009 12:59 pm
Guys:

In contemplating a sit down with Sir James I would as a matter of curiosity pose this question and ask the distinguished British inventor to comment on it:

In an interim report about changing test procedures of iec 60312 it says:  " Multi cyclones are excellent for filtering dust type solids but can have some problems with fibrous materials due to a tendency to agglomerate as they enter the cyclone."  The report goes on to say that a barrier or filter was needed prior to entering the cyclone.  What are your thoughts and comments on this Mr. Dyson. 

Or anyone else who likes dyson speak.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #59   Oct 14, 2009 2:18 pm
That Oreck belt in the spare undercarriage is all very well. However to change the roller brush or clean it involves taking off quite a few too many screws on the sole plate. In the UK Oreck seem to think owners should be replacing their brush rolls every year.
Replies: 50 - 59 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42