Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 32 - 41 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
M00seUK

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #32   Oct 13, 2009 3:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Guys:

The question with any product that is made for USA consumer consumption is:  Will it sell in Peoria?  This one won't sell in fantasy land in Peoria.  Not for $300.  It's like the Air Blade.  At $1400, its 2X and more than the price of the best hand drier on the market today.  After failing miserably with the commercial market, dyson tried the home consumprtion market.  No luck there either.  In fact worse results than the commercial market.  This Air Multiplier is no different than the Air Blade.  No different than the contra rotating washer.  The ball barrow.  And the ball dysons.  You can't invent for the sake of invention and then force consumers to like it and buy it.  Doesn't work that way in Peoria.

Carmine D.

---

Hi Carmine, your experience differs to my own on the AirBlades - I've been surprised at the variety of places that have them installed; they're more popular than I thought they'd be. At the margins involved and the publicity it gives the Dyson brand, it's proved a success in many ways.

procare

Reply #33   Oct 13, 2009 3:23 pm
Vacomatic,

Awhile back I looked up about this bladeless fan and found as you the same thing. What I also found out is there is a difference in the American language and British. We say one thing  and to the British it means another  tho we speak and write English. What I saw in the fan diagram was a blade system tho in UK it is called  bladeless.The system sound great  tho. Will wait to see what it looks like in real life.

Procare

This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by procare
DysonInventsBig

Reply #34   Oct 13, 2009 4:18 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Guys:

The question with any product that is made for USA consumer consumption is:  Will it sell in Peoria?  This one won't sell in fantasy land in Peoria.  Not for $300.  It's like the Air Blade.  At $1400, its 2X and more than the price of the best hand drier on the market today.  After failing miserably with the commercial market, dyson tried the home consumprtion market.  No luck there either.  In fact worse results than the commercial market.  This Air Multiplier is no different than the Air Blade.  No different than the contra rotating washer.  The ball barrow.  And the ball dysons.  You can't invent for the sake of invention and then force consumers to like it and buy it.  Doesn't work that way in Peoria.

Carmine D.

---

Hi Carmine, your experience differs to my own on the AirBlades - I've been surprised at the variety of places that have them installed; they're more popular than I thought they'd be. At the margins involved and the publicity it gives the Dyson brand, it's proved a success in many ways.

I recently read the same from a UK online magazine.  That is, they did not seem to think the Airblade would sell, and now they're all around (the UK).

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #35   Oct 13, 2009 4:21 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Which Magazine has their Live launch archived (includes a QT Multiplier promo video).
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/dyson-air-multiplier-fan-launch-186125.jsp

More Dyson air multiplier videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A3IM06xgr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIC_dn40PB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Es2ALpZ_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgWrLbER3A

Acerone

Reply #36   Oct 13, 2009 4:38 pm
I see a dryer coming soon guys.... And maybe even a relaunched washing machine...
CarmineD

Reply #37   Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm
M00seUK wrote:

DysonInventsBig wrote:
I recently read the same from a UK online magazine.  That is, they did not seem to think the Airblade would sell, and now they're all around (the UK).

DIB

Guys:

How do you know these were bought and sold?  Or gifted in the hopes to spark sales?  These Air Blades don't stay in new condition in the boxes forever.  They have a limited shelf.  Parts deteriorate if stagnated after 3-4 years.  They would have to be re-opened and re-inspected to ensure product worthiness.  These driers don't stay new in the boxes forever. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #38   Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote: DysonInventsBig wrote:

Which Magazine has their Live launch archived (includes a QT Multiplier promo video):
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/dyson-air-multiplier-fan-launch-186125.jsp
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Sir James Dyson enjoying free press (airtime) on CNBC:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1293828771&play=1
This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

M00seUK

Reply #39   Oct 13, 2009 6:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Guys:

How do you know these were bought and sold?  Or gifted in the hopes to spark sales?  These Air Blades don't stay in new condition in the boxes forever.  They have a limited shelf.  Parts deteriorate if stagnated after 3-4 years.  They would have to be re-opened and re-inspected to ensure product worthiness.  These driers don't stay new in the boxes forever. 

Carmine D.

---

Hi Carmine, while there's really no concrete way of me knowing the answer... one shopping mall near to where I worked had one installed soon after launch, which I presume was a sample. 18 months later, they appeared to have brought approx. 20 units for the other washrooms around the place. They're quite a good product for pre-sales samples, as they likely aren't an expensive product in terms of cost price as it's all the unique design patents and the added value the a buyer might pay for.

Do you think they really would have such a short box life? Given that they're supposed to built to a high grade of durability? 'Can't personally see it myself...

M00seUK

Reply #40   Oct 13, 2009 6:12 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Sir James Dyson enjoying free press (airtime) on CNBC:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1293828771&play=1

My, that's quite a 'free' prime time advert he had there, wasn't it? Roll over while I tickle your belly! You should see the grilling spokespeople like him get on BBC News!
Interesting that he said that while vac sales have gone down in the recession, Dyson's market share has gone up.
HARDSELL

Reply #41   Oct 13, 2009 6:20 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Guys:

Carmine D.

---

Hi Carmine, while there's really no concrete way of me knowing the answer... one shopping mall near to where I worked had one installed soon after launch, which I presume was a sample. 18 months later, they appeared to have brought approx. 20 units for the other washrooms around the place. They're quite a good product for pre-sales samples, as they likely aren't an expensive product in terms of cost price as it's all the unique design patents and the added value the a buyer might pay for.

Do you think they really would have such a short box life? Given that they're supposed to built to a high grade of durability? 'Can't personally see it myself...

Carmine is confused  ( as Usual ).  He thought they used Oreck belts which do deteriorate on the shelf.
Replies: 32 - 41 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42