Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 4 - 13 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
M00seUK

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #4   Oct 12, 2009 10:11 am
Some good news is that rather than dragging this out for days / weeks, by this time tomorrow we should have confirmation on what the new product is:-
http://media.dyson.com/email/journalist/uk/email.html
DysonInventsBig

Reply #5   Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am
MooseUK or Anyone,
Can you go to the launch?  It's RARE that a backyard to billionaire inventor puts-on new and unusual product launches and even more rare to witness this (regardless of the product/s success).

Selfishly, I ask…  Shooting some video and then YouTube[ing] them would be great!

DIB

The invite…
This message was modified Oct 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #6   Oct 12, 2009 12:11 pm
Why does this read like something out of the script of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"?

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #7   Oct 12, 2009 1:49 pm
Venson wrote:
Why does this read like something out of the script of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"?

Venson

It doesn't.  It reads like a page out of Apple Inc's. product launch script.

UK's Which Magazine is covering this launch live.  Below is copied from Which Magazine "Event Reminder"...
Your Event Reminder

This is the email reminder you requested for the following event:

Live Blog: Dyson launch - find out what's made the cut
Date: Tuesday October 13, 2009
Start Time: 9:45AM WET

When you are ready to watch the event you can click here.
Alternatively, you can copy and paste the following link into your browser:

http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php?option=com_altcaster&task=siteviewaltcast&altcast_code=9d49f74b7b

Thank you.
This message was modified Oct 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #8   Oct 12, 2009 1:54 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
It doesn't, it reads like a page out of Apple Inc's. product launch script.

Sounds like you are comparing apples [no pun intended to Apple] to oranges.  What do fans have to do with vacuums? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 12, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Oct 12, 2009 2:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sounds like you are comparing apples [no pun intended to Apple] to oranges.  What do fans have to do with vacuums? 

Carmine D.

You should complain to the owners of the site.

DIB

M00seUK

Reply #10   Oct 12, 2009 2:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
MooseUK or Anyone,
Can you go to the launch?  It's RARE that a backyard to billionaire inventor puts-on new and unusual product launches and even more rare to witness this (regardless of the product/s success).

Selfishly, I ask…  Shooting some video and then YouTube[ing] them would be great!

DIB

Nah, I don't have an invite myself... although I did have one for the DC15 'the ball' launch, sent by someone at Dyson who worked on the launch at the time. Dyson staff are said to regularly follow this discussion forum. My very words at the time was it's like having a 'golden ticket' to the chocolate factory! It was a great event. Dyson is that rare beast... a British technology success story, but with (crucially) the positive attributes of American PR / Marketing. The invite link above was posted on the 'Dyson Team' Twitter page today.

I always follow the Apple 'live' announcements with a similar level of intrigue. If it is, as rumoured, something as straight-forward as a new type of 'fan' then it's quite something to get live web casts from the leading consumer magazine, Which?
This message was modified Oct 12, 2009 by M00seUK
DysonInventsBig

Reply #11   Oct 12, 2009 3:49 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Nah, I don't have an invite myself... although I did have one for the DC15 'the ball' launch, sent by someone at Dyson who worked on the launch at the time. Dyson staff are said to regularly follow this discussion forum. My very words at the time was it's like having a 'golden ticket' to the chocolate factory! It was a great event. Dyson is that rare beast... a British technology success story, but with (crucially) the positive attributes of American PR / Marketing. The invite link above was posted on the 'Dyson Team' Twitter page today.

I always follow the Apple 'live' announcements with a similar level of intrigue. If it is, as rumoured, something as straight-forward as a new type of 'fan' then it's quite something to get live web casts from the leading consumer magazine, Which?

Give them a call, get invited (invite yourself) and go!  Tell them your pro-Sir James and UK's biggest contributor here (the largest Google-indexed vacuum cleaner site in the world) – that means something!  Heck they let the foul talking and irreverent (but becoming more reverent) gizmodo.com guys behind the scenes, etc.

Give them a call and Go!

DIB

M00seUK

Reply #12   Oct 12, 2009 4:00 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Give them a call, get invited (invite yourself) and go!  Tell them your pro-Sir James and UK's biggest contributor here (the largest Google-indexed vacuum cleaner site in the world) – that means something!  Heck they let the foul talking and irreverent (but becoming more reverent) gizmodo.com guys behind the scenes, etc.

Give them a call and Go!

DIB

Ha, I'm happy to stay where I am on this one! It'll be tough to beat the 'reveal' of James D. pushing a DC15 from the back of the room, up a circular ramp on to the stage and proceed to demo how it works.
I nominate yourself, even though I doubtlessly carry any weight on the issue!
DysonInventsBig

Reply #13   Oct 12, 2009 4:09 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Ha, I'm happy to stay where I am on this one! It'll be tough to beat the 'reveal' of James D. pushing a DC15 from the back of the room, up a circular ramp on to the stage and proceed to demo how it works.
I nominate yourself, even though I doubtlessly carry any weight on the issue!

Well I tried .  You know I'd be there if I could. 

Replies: 4 - 13 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42