Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sir James Dyson – appointed Conservative party’s Technology Tsar…

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Oct 9, 2009 4:26 pm
Oct 5, 2009...

News articles.

Web articles.

This message was modified Oct 9, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Reply #21   Oct 11, 2009 8:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

All the "fluff" is smoke and mirrors to cover up an overpriced, underwelming, all plastic, outsized produced, Malaysian made, mediocre performing upright at best.  It's all meaningless unless the product measures up with performance and sales.  BTW, has dyson ever corrected the faulty DC25 motor wiring harness that fails several months into the use?

Carmine D.

Is there no end to how far they will follow Hoover?  Has Dyson caused as many fires or burns as Hoover?
DysonInventsBig

Reply #22   Oct 11, 2009 9:35 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

All the "fluff" is smoke and mirrors to cover up an overpriced, underwelming, all plastic, outsized produced, Malaysian made, mediocre performing upright at best.  It's all meaningless unless the product measures up with performance and sales.  BTW, has dyson ever corrected the faulty DC25 motor wiring harness that fails several months into the use?

Carmine D.

Since you've got nothin, I though I'd post Miss IFA holding another Dyson problem solving-innovation and potential money maker - the mighty and unstoppable DC26.

This message was modified Oct 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #23   Oct 12, 2009 6:50 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Is there no end to how far they will follow Hoover?  Has Dyson caused as many fires or burns as Hoover?

HS:

As usual the pay toilet shuffle.  You didn't answer the question.  HOOVER WT $200-$250.  Defective Switch $2.00.  Fix 10 minutes.  Dyson ball 25 $499-$599.  Motor harness wire $2.00.  Fix 1-2 hours depending on technician skill and experience and 3-5 days repair wait IF THE PART IS IN.

BTW, there were 35 reported cases of switch failure in the H-WT.  How many in the ball?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Oct 12, 2009 6:51 am
DIB:

Miss IFA is growing on me.  Smile did it!  But the vacuum is a dud. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #25   Oct 13, 2009 9:51 am
"...overpriced, underwelming, all plastic..." You could well be referring to Orecks in the UK there too!
This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #26   Oct 13, 2009 12:13 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
"...overpriced, underwelming, all plastic..." You could well be referring to Orecks in the UK there too!

I knew you would say that............but recall I'm in the USA.  ORECK's are home grown: MADE IN THE USA.  In the USA market ORECK buyers can buy the XL Classic upright on sale, minus the giveaways, for $200.  That's an affordable and reasonably priced lightweight in today's USA market, considering all the competition.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #27   Oct 13, 2009 6:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

As usual the pay toilet shuffle.  You didn't answer the question.  HOOVER WT $200-$250.  Defective Switch $2.00.  Fix 10 minutes.  Dyson ball 25 $499-$599.  Motor harness wire $2.00.  Fix 1-2 hours depending on technician skill and experience and 3-5 days repair wait IF THE PART IS IN.

BTW, there were 35 reported cases of switch failure in the H-WT.  How many in the ball?

Carmine D.

I did not shuffle.  Looks like you did.

From the US Product Safety Commission: 

Incidents/Injuries: Maytag has received 249 reports of vacuums overheating, which caused the handle area to smoke, melt or catch fire. One minor burn injury requiring no medical attention was reported.

CarmineD

Reply #28   Oct 13, 2009 8:08 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I did not shuffle.  Looks like you did.

From the US Product Safety Commission: 

Incidents/Injuries: Maytag has received 249 reports of vacuums overheating, which caused the handle area to smoke, melt or catch fire. One minor burn injury requiring no medical attention was reported.

HS:

I knew you would post this.  Just think:  For one minor burn, MAYTAG was fined $750,000 by the CPSC.  Where's the justice.  BTW, thanks for the correction.

Carmine D

BTW, your fave japanese auto brand recalled 4 MILLION Lexus and Toyota vehicles for safety hazard [incorrect floor mat that caused the accelerator pedal to stick] that caused the deaths of 3 and/or 4 people.  Was there a fine involved by the DOT?  No, that's what I thought.  Remember I told you when toyota went to that fast track design and production track that it would back-fire.  BTW, Toyota is likely to report its second yearly loss.  Plans to beef up advertising.  Spending ONE BILLION in the last quarter.  A record amount for the company.

HARDSELL

Reply #29   Oct 13, 2009 10:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I knew you would post this.  Just think:  For one minor burn, MAYTAG was fined $750,000 by the CPSC.  Where's the justice.  BTW, thanks for the correction.

Carmine D

BTW, your fave japanese auto brand recalled 4 MILLION Lexus and Toyota vehicles for safety hazard [incorrect floor mat that caused the accelerator pedal to stick] that caused the deaths of 3 and/or 4 people.  Was there a fine involved by the DOT?  No, that's what I thought.  Remember I told you when toyota went to that fast track design and production track that it would back-fire.  BTW, Toyota is likely to report its second yearly loss.  Plans to beef up advertising.  Spending ONE BILLION in the last quarter.  A record amount for the company.

One burn.  249 incidents that could have resulted in burns.  The fine was for not reporting or taking action.  That is justice.

Tell us about all the other auto recalls and annual losses.  No need to stop on one maker. Of course you only report the part to convince others of your deceptions.  42 years of misleading is hard to change.

You have no evidence about fast track design being a problem.  Except in your mind.  remember an hour or so ago when you missed the count by 90%?

This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by HARDSELL
CarmineD

Reply #30   Oct 14, 2009 6:54 am
HS:

Could have, should have, would have.  The fine [$750,000] was excessive and levied to bail out the CPSC from a annual deficit.  Plain and simple. 

BTW, toyota tundra trucks were recalled today in addition to the 4 MILLION cars.  Now there is a government investigation.  200,000 tundras.  The spare tire well rusts out and the tire falls off while driving down the road.  Any fine?  No. 

If you are reading and paying attention, toyotas are the only major car maker in recent months announcing recalls.  I can't help it if you like the brand and boast about it here incessantly.  It's crap just like all the other japanese brands.  But, granted it is the cream of the crap.  Like your fave vacuum brand.

Carmine D.

Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42