Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sir James Dyson – appointed Conservative party’s Technology Tsar…

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Oct 9, 2009 4:26 pm
Oct 5, 2009...

News articles.

Web articles.

This message was modified Oct 9, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 11 - 20 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Reply #11   Oct 10, 2009 7:42 pm
M00seUK wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6869077.ece
Of note is that the above mentions a new product launch next week.

I hope we see non-vacuum inventions coming sooner than later.  He certainly isn't spending $90m annually on vacuum R&D.

Do you have link or any video of James Dyson giving his speech?

Thanks,
DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #12   Oct 10, 2009 7:48 pm
procare wrote:
DIB,

I know you support scientests but for Dyson  to say kick out the banks and give tax incentives to the scientests doesn't suit me. Dyson is one man that   I have not seen being for UK when he leaves the country to produce his invention. The tsar of technology should keep his business in UK and then maybe the scientific community might get a listen from Parliment. They talk about selling technology, produce it there and export it.That is what is done in counties where they give incentives to their businesses. UK is not the only country that should help their technolgies.

Procare

...I agree and doing whatever it takes to put people back to work "making things."  I do wonder how many U.S. manufacturing jobs were killed off at Walmart's "suggestion" and/or intimidation.

As for manufacturing and commitment...
    Many in the UK have isolated and exploited the last page to the Dyson manufacturing in his homeland story.  The facts are, Sir James Dyson initially chose to support his country and countrymen over profits, that is - not choosing cheaper foreign manufacturing in the beginning.  It’s my understanding he employed some 4000 employees at one point and spent $150m of his own money updating and/or expanding his manufacturing only to close down a year later.

Are you aware of the Dyson School of Design Innovation that he wanted to start in the city of Bath?  He pledged $12m and spent $3m towards the school only to have Bath’s “men in small chairs” string him along for years.  So long that his government’s supporters tired and pulled their matching funds which killed the school.  Two other nearby cities wanted the Dyson School after hearing of Bath's double-cross.

He has published books on the history of inventions, had/has a corporate web page dedicated to helping inventors, his friends are inventors (the Mini for example) and has given many, many speeches and talks to anyone who will listen of the need to bring inventions back to the UK.  The James Dyson Award is another selfless tool used to spark interest in invention.

Did you read or see the BBC coverage of a Malmesbury Parliament member vice Tony Blair?  He blamed Tony Blair and his policies (to his face) for Dyson manufacturing and another 350,000 manufacturing jobs moving out of the UK (during Blair’s term, up to this point).

Is he the best qualified?  I don’t know.  What I do know is, he’s proof positive inventions can turn people into billionaire’s, create billion dollar corporations and all from humble beginnings – anyone’s carriage house, garage or backyard.

DIB
This message was modified Oct 10, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #13   Oct 10, 2009 9:01 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
...I agree and doing whatever it takes to put people back to work "making things."  I do wonder how many U.S. manufacturing jobs were killed off at Walmart's "suggestion" and/or intimidation.

Many in the UK have isolated and exploited the last page to the Dyson manufacturing in his homeland story.  The facts are, Sir James Dyson initially chose to support his country and countrymen over profits, that is - not choosing cheaper foreign manufacturing in the beginning.  It’s my understanding he employed some 4000 employees at one point and spent $150m of his own money updating and/or expanding his manufacturing only to close down a year later.

Are you aware of the Dyson School of Design Innovation that he wanted to start in the city of Bath?  He pledged $12m and spent $3m towards the school only to have Bath’s “men in small chairs” string him along for years.  So long that his government’s supporters tired and pulled their matching funds which killed the school.  Two other nearby cities wanted the Dyson School after hearing of Bath's double-cross.

He has published books on the history of inventions, had/has a corporate web page dedicated to helping inventors, his friends are inventors (the Mini for example) and has given many, many speeches and talks to anyone who will listen of the need to bring inventions back to the UK.  The James Dyson Award is another selfless tool used to spark interest in invention.

Did you read or see the BBC coverage of a Malmesbury Parliament member vice Tony Blair?  He blamed Tony Blair and his policies (to his face) for Dyson manufacturing and another 350,000 manufacturing jobs moving out of the UK (during Blair’s term, up to this point).

Is he the best qualified?  I don’t know.  What I do know is, he’s proof positive inventions can turn people into billionaire’s, create billion dollar corporations and all from humble beginnings – anyone’s carriage house, garage or backyard.

DIB

Sir James should come to Tennessee.  We built a football stadium and gave it and most all proceeds for stadium events to the owner of the team.  Also cost about 2 times the original cost to build.  Then a short while later had to spend almost as much to repair as to build. 

Many downtown (nearby) businesses closed because the games did not generate enough revenue to support them. So if James wants all the money for himself and screw the gifter then he should move to TN.

CarmineD

Reply #14   Oct 11, 2009 6:52 am
The Volunteers beat the Georgia bull dogs yesterday, handily.  Perhaps the new stadium should have been for the college team rather than the pro.

Carmine D,

CarmineD

Reply #15   Oct 11, 2009 7:04 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

DIB:

Ancient history.  All these historical facts don't mean a thing if you can't measure up on the product and sales ends.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #16   Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am
  " Is he the best qualified?  I don’t know.  What I do know is, he’s proof positive inventions can turn people into billionaire’s, create billion dollar corporations and all from humble beginnings – anyone’s carriage house, garage or backyard.
DIB"

Becoming one is easy.  Staying one is hard.  Dyson's fortune has sunk lower and lower year over year.  Like many of the Forbes 400 richest in the USA, the bar has been lowered.  No longer ONE BILLION but $950,000,000. 

When you first started boasting of James dyson's fortune here as evidence of his inventor's prowess he was worth OVER $2 BILLION US [March 2007].  What is he worth today? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 11, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #17   Oct 11, 2009 2:02 pm
Sir James Dyson demonstrating his passion for invention and celebrating the men and women who make invention happen.

Visit the Dyson DC25 Blueprint web page.

This message was modified Oct 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #18   Oct 11, 2009 3:39 pm
DIB:

The model was featured already here in another thread.  The model is a rehash of a white ball DC15 that premiered during the dyson glory days of holiday season 2005.  It was a dud.  It was billed by the big box retailer as a seasonal item at an MSRP of $519.  It sold notta.  Over a year later the model was still in inventory and sold on clearance.  The store couldn't give them away. Why?  A $130 HOOVER FUSION plus dethroned it on the retailers' shelves. 

It would have been the perfect dyson ball collector's vacuum if packaged in a see thru carton, autographed by James with limited quantities and sequentially numbered.  Even then many potential buyers, including you as a card carrying James dyson enthusiast, wouldn't pay more than $300, if that much. 

It's not innovative invention.  It's slick colors, marketing/advertising which BTW your fave company has substantially reduced in recent months.  Even on this site, if you are paying attention.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #19   Oct 11, 2009 5:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

The model was featured already here in another thread.  The model is a rehash of a white ball DC15 that premiered during the dyson glory days of holiday season 2005.  It was a dud.  It was billed by the big box retailer as a seasonal item at an MSRP of $519.  It sold notta.  Over a year later the model was still in inventory and sold on clearance.  The store couldn't give them away. Why?  A $130 HOOVER FUSION plus dethroned it on the retailers' shelves. 

It would have been the perfect dyson ball collector's vacuum if packaged in a see thru carton, autographed by James with limited quantities and sequentially numbered.  Even then many potential buyers, including you as a card carrying James dyson enthusiast, wouldn't pay more than $300, if that much. 

It's not innovative invention.  It's slick colors, marketing/advertising which BTW your fave company has substantially reduced in recent months.  Even on this site, if you are paying attention.

Carmine D.

Again, your lack of good judgment gets the best of you (you're slaving to Dyson-mud slinging again, I love it).  I am aware of the Blueprint thread, I’m making others aware of Dyson’s commitment and celebration of past inventors and their inventions.  The Blueprint page highlighted the contributions of other great inventors.

My post is relevant inside this [my] thread.  Don’t worry about it.

DIB
This message was modified Oct 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #20   Oct 11, 2009 6:20 pm
DIB:

All the "fluff" is smoke and mirrors to cover up an overpriced, underwelming, all plastic, outsized produced, Malaysian made, mediocre performing upright at best.  It's all meaningless unless the product measures up with performance and sales.  BTW, has dyson ever corrected the faulty DC25 motor wiring harness that fails several months into the use?

Carmine D.

Replies: 11 - 20 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42