Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
JIBBERS

A winner?
Original Message   Oct 7, 2009 7:08 am
http://www.vaxmachair.co.uk/
Replies: 18 - 27 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: A winner?
Reply #18   Oct 8, 2009 7:40 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
ID say a day is too short......a couple weeks is enough time to encounter diff kinds of day to day messes...and the big ones in between.. some wanna see if its durable and worth it......and most will find it to be perfect for their needs.

turtle1

Right on.  I suspect that customers who actually use the ORECK wind up purchasing.  Those who use the free home trial as an excuse to get the freebies don't purchase.  They have to make up bogus reasons for not buying.  Truth is they just wanted the free giveaways and/or can't afford the ORECK.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #19   Jan 13, 2010 7:28 am
I don't know if this product is a winner, but the pitch and price are. 

Carmine D.

the real deal. Save through 1/16/2010. DIRT DEVIL EXTREME QUICK VAC,
Dirt Devil
NOW JUST $39 REG. $49.99. Dirt Devil Floor Cleaners now on sale & ready for action!
winter wow
shop home

Venson

Reply #20   Jan 13, 2010 10:54 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Hi,

I can't say if it's a winner either but I'd wager that there'll be a rush to buy.  It's a vacuum cleeaner and it's cheap and people for whom it's affordable will buy it, run it into the ground and go back for another one because -- it doesn't cost a lot of money.

Venson

This message was modified Jan 13, 2010 by Venson
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #21   Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

the real deal. Save through 1/16/2010. DIRT DEVIL EXTREME QUICK VAC,
Dirt Devil
NOW JUST $39 REG. $49.99. Dirt Devil Floor Cleaners now on sale & ready for action!
winter wow
shop home

I am not a fan of cheap bagless vacuums.  My biggest problem with "cheap bagless vacuums", is that their long term costs tend to be high and the performance after a short time tends to be poor.  The cheap vacuums also tend to have substandard tools and short cords.   If you have to get up and personal with a dirty filter, why not go with a bagged vacuum and avoid the trouble.   I don't know anything about this vacuum, but I would hesitate to recommend any bagless vacuum that didn't use at least dual cyclone technology to minimize filter maintenance and to maximize suction.   I would rather pay more and get something that I enjoy using over the long term.   Anyone know the expected 5 year cost of one of these? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #22   Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Here is the ORECK halo toy vacuum, demoed by a Mommy's helper,  which during the Christmas Holidays was given away with purchase of ORECK halo vacuums.  It was selling for $59-$75 until recently and came down to $54.  Interesting that the Dirt Devil Quick Vac is $39 vice a ORECK toy vacuum at $54.  For the record, I bought a generic toy vacuum in two tone pink for the grands for $20 on sale [also pictured].  The old DIRT DEVIL , which looks like the DD Quick Vac in smaller scale, suffered a broken handle after 4 + years usage.  It cost $20 new and gave excellent service for the price [a new set of batteries every so often].  I'll part it out/repair and replace with the new improved color.

Carmine D. 

My First Oreck Toy XL Platinum HALO Upright Childrens Toy Vacuum.
Just Like Home 2-in-1 Vacuum Set - Pink -  Toys R Us - Toys"R"Us

This message was modified Jan 13, 2010 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #23   Jan 13, 2010 1:11 pm
I saw this Henry 'desktop vac' the other day. Around 10 GBP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paladone-Desktop-Henry-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B001GNTLGY

vacmanuk

Reply #24   Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm
I got the little Henry vac for my Xmas last year and its actually pretty good - comes with a tiny little crevice tool or a t shaped floor head. Would be better if it had brushes on the end though! Quite a funky looking thing and actually picks up computer laptop keyboard dust etc. Hope less on small bits of paper though.

As for the Vax Mach Air, Ive already done a review about it on here.

The Dirt Devil Quick Vac pictured is also the Hoover Alyx upright in the UK. I had one and it was noisy but an effective upright vac that has the worst plastic Ive ever sampled. Dynammite/Quick Lite by Vax so much better as a comparison although an older design.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #25   Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Here's an interesting possible "winner".  Sanitaire seems to have some fairly innovative features on this powerful household machine - they talked to housekeepers about features that would be useful. 

Specifications

• Power - 11.5 Amps
  • Filtration -  Hepa
  • Dirt Capacity - 4 Qts.
  • Cleaning Path - 13"
  • Motor CFM - 119
  • Decibel Level - 73

Features & Benefits

• Powerful 11.5 Amp Motor
  • Disposable Dust Bag System
  • Drop-In Easy Change Bag System
  • Sealed Hepa Filtration
  • Extra Long 35 Ft. Cord
  • Quick-Change Maintenance
  • Soft-Grip Looped Handle
  • Telescopic Extension Wand
  • Retractable Dusting Brush
  • 9 Ft. Hose
  • 5 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
  • 10 Year Motor Warranty

Here's a link with a picture.  I have no association with this company - nor do I make any recommenations about buying from them.   

http://www.sanitairevacuumsales.com/sanitare/sc9120.htm

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #26   Jan 13, 2010 6:49 pm
Severus wrote:
Here's an interesting possible "winner".  Sanitaire seems to have some fairly innovative features on this powerful household machine - they talked to housekeepers about features that would be useful. 

Hi,

I've been looking at several spins on this same machine for a while.  I like it but had my doubts about it catching on in the American market.  This vacuum is also sold under the Electrolux brand.  It's very similar to the model vacuumanuk made mention of being tested on TV.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #27   Jan 13, 2010 7:41 pm
Severus wrote:

I am not a fan of cheap bagless vacuums.  My biggest problem with "cheap bagless vacuums", is that their long term costs tend to be high and the performance after a short time tends to be poor.  The cheap vacuums also tend to have substandard tools and short cords.   If you have to get up and personal with a dirty filter, why not go with a bagged vacuum and avoid the trouble.   I don't know anything about this vacuum, but I would hesitate to recommend any bagless vacuum that didn't use at least dual cyclone technology to minimize filter maintenance and to maximize suction.   I would rather pay more and get something that I enjoy using over the long term.   Anyone know the expected 5 year cost of one of these? 

Hello SEVERUS:

I second your opinion.  When bagless vacuums came into vogue earlier in the decade, thanks to dyson, several retailers like HOME Depot and LOWE's added "no-name" bagless uprights, canns, and sticks for $10-$40.  These usually were displayed close by the entrances and cashiers to spark customer interest.  They were awful.  Not even worth the prices.  Toys at the same price and more were more likely to last longer.  They all went by the wayside very quickly.  DIRT DEVIL/big box retailers who sell this/similar low price models may be capitalizing on first time vacuum buyers' market.  The intent IMHO is ultimately to get repeat business either for the DIRT DEVIL brand/retailer with customers upgrading the models.  The hope is that customers will buy and be minimally satisfied with performance for the price and splurge, if you can call it that, for another vacuum [same brand] at a higher price with the intent of getting more usage and better performance with a reasonable incremental price increase.  I think for the most part the vacuum customers who buy these low cost brands/models are more likely to upgrade incrementally down the road than take a plunge for a high cost brand/model with longterm staying power and performance.

Carmine D.

Replies: 18 - 27 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42