A winner?
Original Message   Oct 7, 2009 7:08 am
http://www.vaxmachair.co.uk/
Replies: 28 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: A winner?
Reply #28   Jan 14, 2010 6:48 am
Severus wrote:
Here's an interesting possible "winner".  Sanitaire seems to have some fairly innovative features on this powerful household machine - they talked to housekeepers about features that would be useful. 

Specifications

• Power - 11.5 Amps
  • Filtration -  Hepa
  • Dirt Capacity - 4 Qts.
  • Cleaning Path - 13"
  • Motor CFM - 119
  • Decibel Level - 73

Features & Benefits

• Powerful 11.5 Amp Motor
  • Disposable Dust Bag System
  • Drop-In Easy Change Bag System
  • Sealed Hepa Filtration
  • Extra Long 35 Ft. Cord
  • Quick-Change Maintenance
  • Soft-Grip Looped Handle
  • Telescopic Extension Wand
  • Retractable Dusting Brush
  • 9 Ft. Hose
  • 5 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
  • 10 Year Motor Warranty

Here's a link with a picture.  I have no association with this company - nor do I make any recommenations about buying from them.   

http://www.sanitairevacuumsales.com/sanitare/sc9120.htm

Hello SEVERUS:

Pitch on par with product: Winner! 

Interestingly, it looks very similar to the SEARS Permalite which was plagued with a  2 piece handle that failed at the weak spot where they joined.  This model, to its credit, is all one piece.  Uses several industry old school standards that are tried and true: Features like the metal agitator, metal brush roll ends with replaceable brush strips.  All reminiscent of the old fashioned glory days of EUREKA and its brush rolls.  Also, the metal telescopic wands is a nice durable feature.  New innovative features too like the shorter but larger dirt path opening to allow for paper clips and Christmas needles w/o clogs.  Priced competitive with the higher priced big box store brands and offers more.  Likely sales venue would be the vacuum store independents.  I noted too the advertised/displayed Carpet and Rug Institute seal of approval along with the use of Arm and Hammer bags.  Nice touches for the pitch to compliment the HEPA sealed system.  Low profile is terrific too for home and commercial use.  Nice wheels for all surfaces.  Winner, IMHO. 

Carmine D.

DuraLux - Experts in the Vacuum Industry

This message was modified Jan 14, 2010 by CarmineD
Lucky1

Reply #29   Jan 14, 2010 12:40 pm
  Anyone know the expected 5 year cost of one of these?  Lasting 5 Years...??? That's VERY funny right there!
CarmineD

Reply #30   Jan 14, 2010 1:01 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
  Anyone know the expected 5 year cost of one of these?  Lasting 5 Years...??? That's VERY funny right there!

Hello Lucky1:

Assuming that a buyer of one of these DD Quick Vacs views its usage as a necessary evil to be done only in absolute extreme emergencies and circumstances, like when Mother visits once or twice a year, I suspect they may last longer than most.  Yes, I know several single adult men who but for visits from Mom who comes from out of state once, twice, three times a year, would never, ever, ever use a vacuum.  Believe it or not, as Ripley use to say.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #31   Jan 15, 2010 5:12 am
Severus 5 year ownership cost of my Hoover Alyx upright only resulted in a spare pack of drive belts. Nothing much went wrong with it since the Dirt Devil filters are washable and nothing has had to be replaced on it other than broken belts. The tools are cheap but they are better designed than a lot of tools on the market such as the upholstery brush which is of decent size, has good space and decent bristles to whisk up dirt. The only irony is about the Alyx/Quick/Vibe upright is that it is very noisy so its surprising if anyone can put up with it over 5 years!
vacmanuk

Reply #32   Jan 15, 2010 5:17 am
By the way the Sanitaire model shown is the Electrolux Professional I talked about ages ago and featured in the UK video of the Gadget Show. That's the model that didn't pick up everything on carpet and copies Sebo commercial uprights on its design. The Electrolux Professional has just had its first price slash from £299 to £99 in the new January sales here.
CarmineD

Reply #33   Jan 15, 2010 7:08 am
vacmanuk wrote:
By the way the Sanitaire model shown is the Electrolux Professional I talked about ages ago and featured in the UK video of the Gadget Show. That's the model that didn't pick up everything on carpet and copies Sebo commercial uprights on its design. The Electrolux Professional has just had its first price slash from £299 to £99 in the new January sales here.

Wondering if the larger dirt path opening in concert with same/similar amps of most full size uprights [11.5] diffuses the suction power in comparison to the standard opening width?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #34   Jan 15, 2010 1:20 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

Hi vacuumanuk,

I don't like the look of the brushroll and, if there is a cleaning deficiency, would attribute the problem to it. The American version has a bigger drum -- http://www.sanitairevac.com/professional/products/upright/s9120.jsp

BUT -- considering the competition, do you think the testing session on the video could have been a snow job?  Much like the Hoover Dial-A-Matic, the Electrolux has a dial on the back for directing air flow and adjusting suction levels for floor and above the floor work.  An improperly adjusted dial could have influenced the test.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #35   Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm
Venson. If that was the case then the Hoover Slalom would have failed the pick up test - it too has a suction dial on the bottom similar to Electrolux suction valve dials and the Slalom picked up perfectly. The video showed that whilst the Electrolux picked up practically everything, only a couple of flecks were left behind. I dont doubt the power of the Professional but I do agree with you, the drum roll isn't particularly effective - the brush roll strips themselves are very thin in height compared to the Dyson and the Hoover.
CarmineD

Reply #36   Jan 18, 2010 6:43 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Venson. If that was the case then the Hoover Slalom would have failed the pick up test - it too has a suction dial on the bottom similar to Electrolux suction valve dials and the Slalom picked up perfectly. The video showed that whilst the Electrolux picked up practically everything, only a couple of flecks were left behind. I dont doubt the power of the Professional but I do agree with you, the drum roll isn't particularly effective - the brush roll strips themselves are very thin in height compared to the Dyson and the Hoover.

Perhaps a beater bar/two would assist the brush roll to go from Winner?  to Winner!

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #37   Jan 19, 2010 2:03 pm
Absolutely Carmine, but then again even if Electrolux added longer bristles I'm sure the performance could have been better. Even with brushes set in a chevron design without beaters added, performance can be better.
Replies: 28 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42