Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > On-line User Reviews

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

On-line User Reviews
Original Message   Oct 1, 2009 7:24 pm
According to the experts who research and follow such matters, 80 percent of on-line buyers read on-line user reviews.  The Federal Trade Commission [FTC] will issue new guidelines for on-line posters/reviewers.  FTC warns that many of the user reviews are company employees and paid advertisers who post as personal users.  Always positive reviews, of course.  Surprise surprise!  Paid users and persons with a vested interest [read employees] will have to disclose their relationship with the company and its products.  Fines for infractions can be hefty.  As much as $300,000 and more for first time offenders.  Ouch! 

FTC advises that shoppers and buyers use more than on-line reviews to research the products [read industry experts]. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: On-line User Reviews
Reply #19   Oct 4, 2009 9:24 pm
You want to see MY Oreck review, Carmine?

About 5000 or so consumers who are not Epinions members have seen it:

http://www.epinions.com/review/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Vacuum_Cleaners-Oreck_XL2200_Vacuum/content_347381730948
HARDSELL

Reply #20   Oct 4, 2009 9:54 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

http://www.epinions.com/review/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Vacuum_Cleaners-Oreck_XL2200_Vacuum/content_347381730948

I noticed you called Oreck an electric sweeper.  Is that similar to my calling it an electric broom?

Do you think Oreck is good for deeper pile carpet and deep cleaning them?

CarmineD

Reply #21   Oct 5, 2009 7:12 am
vacmanuk wrote:

I didn't ask YOU specifically because you've posted here about ORECK before and I read them already. 

ORECK is the lightweight icon of the industry.  Not as good as SIMPLICITY/RICCAR but as good if not better than the HOOVER Platinum lightweight bagged.  That's my view.  For you and others to read it.  Same same I've always said and posted.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Oct 5, 2009 7:21 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Better than a DC07 pink with its ratcheting clutch and wimpy brush bar and self-adjusting head nozzle that sinks so far into the pile the brush roll won't revolve.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #23   Oct 5, 2009 7:33 am
CarmineD wrote:
Better than a DC07 pink with its ratcheting clutch and wimpy brush bar and self-adjusting head nozzle that sinks so far into the pile the brush roll won't revolve.

Carmine D.

As Procare said.  The Dyson does not do all for everyone.  Neither doe the Oreck.
CarmineD

Reply #24   Oct 5, 2009 7:40 am
HARDSELL wrote:
As Procare said.  The Dyson does not do all for everyone.  Neither doe the Oreck.

HS:

You're changing Procare's statement to suit yourself.  Looks and sounds like more back peddling and pay toilet shuffling on your part. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #25   Oct 5, 2009 8:36 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

You're changing Procare's statement to suit yourself.  Looks and sounds like more back peddling and pay toilet shuffling on your part. 

Carmine D.

Not sure how you describe back peddling.  Are you saying that the Oreck is best for all?
CarmineD

Reply #26   Oct 5, 2009 8:42 am
Procare is talking about dyson not ORECK.  YOU INFER AND IMPLY ORECK based on Procare's statement.  I don't.  Nor did Procare.  That's back peddling and pay toilet shuffling on your part.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #27   Oct 5, 2009 9:14 am
HARDSELL wrote:
As Procare said:  "The Dyson does not do all for everyone".  Neither does the Oreck in mine and many others opinions.

I have revised my post.  I do however think that Procare would agree. Otherwise he would be selling Oreck since he is interested in selling the consumer what he believes to be an excellent product.
CarmineD

Reply #28   Oct 5, 2009 9:19 am
Thank you HS.  I stand on my post as is and unchanged.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:

Carmine D.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42