Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > repairs for the day

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

repairs for the day
Original Message   Oct 4, 2009 6:25 am
Just as a  consumer  guide only. I will start the vacuum cleaner makes and models repair of the day section.

Day oct,3,2009.

1 oreck xl 2400 series ,bag never changed, blocked from intake thru wands,belt broken, brush roll bound up,

2 electrolux olympia 1, 30 years old, used as a second machine, has a central system, but loves her O-1  wont part with it.Repaired  new fans bearings, carbons, auromatic serviced, new drum spring ,runs better than new.
3 Dyson dc 07 animal, low suction problem, changed exhaust filter, never changed, customer was never told about the other filter,
4 30 ft low volt central vac hose, on off switch in handle replaced.I have a trick for this.

5 Kirby g6 relaced blown fan and belt, removed platic toy out of bag tube, also found some change in the fan case.

See you tomorrow.

MOLE
Replies: 7 - 16 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: repairs for the day
Reply #7   Oct 4, 2009 8:18 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Did they use electric motors in the ones older than you. 

The info that you posted is very interesting and I look forward to reading more.  This is the type of info that we need rather than the constant bickering.

Do you think that most vac problems are user inflicted? 

You know H.S. Many repairs are caused by lets say user error or done on purpose by the little ones who break things on purpose just so mommy and daddy has to buy a nice new shinny one ,That the culprits can begin destroying all over again.

It seems that the throw away socierty has taken everything over
HARDSELL

Reply #8   Oct 4, 2009 8:22 am
mole wrote:
You know H.S. Many repairs are caused by lets say user error or done on purpose by the little ones who break things on purpose just so mommy and daddy has to buy a nice new shinny one ,That the culprits can begin destroying all over again.

It seems that the throw away socierty has taken everything over

If I had broken my parents' possessions on purpose I would have needed repairs more than the broken item.  Society has eliminated almost proper parenting.
Venson

Reply #9   Oct 4, 2009 8:58 am
Hi MOLE,

Thanks for the repair list. It was interesting to read and also says a lot.

Best,

Venson
mole

Reply #10   Oct 4, 2009 9:06 am
Venson wrote:
Hi MOLE,

Thanks for the repair list. It was interesting to read and also says a lot.

Best,

Venson

Hi Big V.

Wait till you see what tomorrow brings.

The famous Lux rennie, the nightmare of the repairman, i predict that i will make a very happy customer.I will be putting out a Fire that another shop created,[you know what i mean] Stay tuned,

regards

MOLE
procare

Reply #11   Oct 4, 2009 6:38 pm
Mole,

The present owners of Lux had nothing to do with Rennie. When they came into control things changed for the better. Nothing changes over night. I still have satisfied Rennie owners because I took care of them in a timely manner. The present owners worked hard to bring as many Rennies off the market fairly. Before anyone bad mouths the current owners , nothing before 1998 was their fault .

Procare

mole

Reply #12   Oct 4, 2009 8:52 pm
Except the carolina program,The selling out of the name,selling the tooling and bag machine,gutting the company to a shell of what it use to be,plain corporate greed, Heres to the new aerus the healthy home company.

Some legacy HUH

Take care

MOLE
mole

Reply #13   Oct 5, 2009 3:02 pm
Jobs done on oct5, 09

1 Lux Rennie, 1996 light grey version, 13 years old never serviced,Just basic tune up and filters,Pm on powernozzle,1 wand latch.

2 hoover windtunell bagged,change brush and powerdrive belt,change intake and exhaust filters,runs like new again.

3 sanitaire sc886, fan,belt,basic service.

Thats all for today.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #14   Oct 5, 2009 3:52 pm
Hello MOLE:

Are these customers household users of the Sanitaires?  Or commercial users?

Carmine D. 

mole

Reply #15   Oct 5, 2009 7:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello MOLE:

Hi Carmine
 The sani's are being used by households just because its sold for commercial applications does not mean that regular household applications are exempt

The sanitaire is the best bang for the buck upright on the planet. Fan first,huge top load bag,7amps,wicked brush speed,50ft cord, can be repaired almost on the spot,parts availability is great,and the price is very good.

The only real competition is the proteam twin motor upright,

Tomorrow i'll be dealing with a E2 rainbow with powernozzle issues,I think i can handle this without a problem.The the usual bearing eating issues.

regards

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #16   Oct 6, 2009 7:07 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine
 The sani's are being used by households just because its sold for commercial applications does not mean that regular household applications are exempt

The sanitaire is the best bang for the buck upright on the planet. Fan first,huge top load bag,7amps,wicked brush speed,50ft cord, can be repaired almost on the spot,parts availability is great,and the price is very good.

The only real competition is the proteam twin motor upright,

Tomorrow i'll be dealing with a E2 rainbow with powernozzle issues,I think i can handle this without a problem.The the usual bearing eating issues.

regards

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

Well aware of the domestic/commercial uses of the EUREKA SC886.  The reason I ask is to gauge the abuse and misuse of these repairs: in home vice commercial applications.

One of the Churches in the area provides an outreach service to the poor who can't afford/need a vacuum for home cleaning.  It's a EUREKA BOSS Smart vac.  I maintain it.  I have suggested to the good Pastor that these are not the best for the use and abuse.  I recommended a Commercial product like the SC886 that would be better.  The drawback is that there are no tools on board for suction cleaning.  I don't think the Church/good pastor wants to loan 2 vacuums at one time for both modes of cleaning.  Since I'm the likely donor of the vacuum to the Church I'm toying with possibilities other the EUREKA SMART vac that will not break the retired vacuum man's bank. 

Carmine D. 

Replies: 7 - 16 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42