Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > repairs for the day

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

repairs for the day
Original Message   Oct 4, 2009 6:25 am
Just as a  consumer  guide only. I will start the vacuum cleaner makes and models repair of the day section.

Day oct,3,2009.

1 oreck xl 2400 series ,bag never changed, blocked from intake thru wands,belt broken, brush roll bound up,

2 electrolux olympia 1, 30 years old, used as a second machine, has a central system, but loves her O-1  wont part with it.Repaired  new fans bearings, carbons, auromatic serviced, new drum spring ,runs better than new.
3 Dyson dc 07 animal, low suction problem, changed exhaust filter, never changed, customer was never told about the other filter,
4 30 ft low volt central vac hose, on off switch in handle replaced.I have a trick for this.

5 Kirby g6 relaced blown fan and belt, removed platic toy out of bag tube, also found some change in the fan case.

See you tomorrow.

MOLE
Replies: 46 - 55 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: repairs for the day
Reply #46   Oct 11, 2009 7:11 am
Parts sales too.  In addition to repairs.  Especially in hard times when people can't afford to buy new every few years and defer purchases by keeping the old vacuums in tip top shape.

By last recent count, 51 [fifty one] percent of Americans surveyed say their economic situations and circumstances are getting worse. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #47   Oct 12, 2009 4:35 pm
Repairs for the day,

Oct 12,09

1  can you believe it the only repair job was a belt installed on an oreck.[i'm excited] i should of stayed home.

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #48   Oct 12, 2009 5:05 pm
Hi MOLE:

It's a holiday, Columbus Day.  You should have the day off!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #49   Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Actually MOLE, as you well know, when you're in the business there are no holidays.  Store closed, door locked, no business.  No business, no money.  That's the reason I ask how many indy bashers here ever owned and operated their own business.  No replies yet.  Let alone do so for decades and generations.  That in itself is an accomplishment. 

On the slow store business and/or repair days, rebuilts were the order of the day workwise.  Same for you?  Else Sundays had to do for the best time for rebuilts.  Think the indy bashers would work 9 to 9 daily and Saturdays, then put in 8 hours plus on Sunday?  For a year?  For 5 years?  10 years?  42 years?    Run the whole show busines wise including pay the bills, workers, do the books and the taxes?  They talk about back yard inventors.  How about a jack of all trades for 42 years.  That's the real deal.   

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 12, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #50   Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Actually MOLE, as you well know, when you're in the business there are no holidays.  Store closed, door locked, no business.  No business, no money.  That's the reason I ask how many indy bashers here ever owned and operated their own business.  No replies yet.  Let alone do so for decades and generations.  That in itself is an accomplishment. 

On the slow store business and/or repair days, rebuilts were the order of the day workwise.  Same for you?  Else Sundays had to do for the best time for rebuilts.  Think the indy bashers would work 9 to 9 daily and Saturdays, then put in 8 hours plus on Sunday?  For a year?  For 5 years?  10 years?  42 years?    Run the whole show busines wise including pay the bills, workers, do the books and the taxes?  They talk about back yard inventors.  How about a jack of all trades for 42 years.  That's the real deal.   

Carmine D.

There are other lines of work if you hate it so much. 
Venson

Reply #51   Oct 12, 2009 10:33 pm
Other than musicians, there's but a precious few I've known over my life that, in the long run, have had opportunity for employment they wanted or trained for as opposed to to the many I know who go to jobs just to maintain themselves and their families.

I think it's great to be in business for yourself, if it's in a field you either like, enjoy or at least can relate to. Though nothing worth having comes without struggle, the sky's still the limit. If you are good at your craft, you can go as far you want since no one but you can stand in the way of you being promoted.

On the other hand, if you work for someone, your salary, the manner in which business is carried out, and the way product is priced always hang in the balance by way of your boss sees as his due profitwise.

The young man who takes care of my car really has a gift for it but no confidence. The last placed he worked for stiffed him for a lot of pay though he was its mainstay and making money for them. He has now moved on to a new place which only wants give him $9.00 an hour. You don't pay that to someone with real skills.

Matter of fact, I told him new shop should hire me. For $9.00 an hour I'd be perfect -- I don't know anything about cars.

I have been trying to convince him to hang out his shingle on Craig's List. A lot of good mechanics will now come to your door to work on your car. Minus the mark-up on overhead and the middleman, prices can be really nice.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #52   Oct 13, 2009 7:06 am
HARDSELL wrote:
There are other lines of work if you hate it so much. 

Hate?  Next to God, religion, friends, family and the people I influence it is my greatest love in life.  You don't do something for over 55 years out of hate.  Quite the contrary. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #53   Oct 13, 2009 7:12 am
Venson wrote:
 Though nothing worth having comes without struggle, the sky's still the limit. If you are good at your craft, you can go as far you want since no one but you can stand in the way of you being promoted.

Venson

Hello Venson:

Glad to see and hear that somebody here gets it, after HS's idiotic post.  He and DIB are hanging out too much together.  It's rubbing off.

Without the scandal of the cross, there would be no glory in the resurrection. 

Keep working on your young car friend.  He'll get it too in time.  Like Saul, aka St. Paul, he'll have an epiphany.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #54   Oct 13, 2009 7:56 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Glad to see and hear that somebody here gets it, after HS's idiotic post.  He and DIB are hanging out too much together.  It's rubbing off.

Without the scandal of the cross, there would be no glory in the resurrection. 

Keep working on your young car friend.  He'll get it too in time.  Like Saul, aka St. Paul, he'll have an epiphany.

Carmine D.

You talk as if you were chained and shackled to your job.  Then you say it was better than sliced bread.  Talk about idiotic.
CarmineD

Reply #55   Oct 13, 2009 9:03 am
HS:

The idiosy here is monopolized by you and DIB. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 46 - 55 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42