Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
retardturtle1

NEW VAX LINE
Original Message   Oct 1, 2009 7:07 pm
Seen the new VAX line of bagless yet? better quality and performance?...at a far lower price.

Some say its stolen Dyson tech...some say its VAX xposing Dyson as a rip off [over priced] over hyped vacuum......that dyson is slipping[sinking brand]...that a dyson can be had at a fraction of the cost and with a warranty thats actually useable.......solved all the dyson flaws.....without the dyson shaft at the register. That VAX has zeroed in on dyson and plans to come at him head on.  If this is true ..then some drastic changes are due at dyson ....and another dyson [im a victim] lawsuit will come.......as always.

turtle1

Replies: 74 - 83 of 83Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: NEW VAX LINE
Reply #74   Oct 15, 2009 6:02 pm
This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by HARDSELL
vacmanuk

Reply #75   Oct 19, 2009 6:50 pm
Mm interesting reviews appearing on Amazon.co.uk - it seems that not even the Mach 7 on average can get a five full star rating and that's from (what I've read up on just now) consumers who have either had Dyson or considered Vax before Dyson.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #76   Oct 20, 2009 1:50 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

LIke DIB, you have no appreciation for the truth because you hide behind lies.  Too bad.  There is much more to the Sunday event that you will never know and appreciate.  Remember, if you can, that you never find glory by looking for it.  It comes when you least expect it.  And it is always by self-sacrificing for others and not by self-serving at the expense of others.

Carmine D.

When your rip all-things-Dyosn...  would this be self-sacrificing or self-serving?

DIB 
This message was modified Oct 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #77   Oct 20, 2009 1:55 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I never said the deed was great.  That's for others to decide.  I said you don't find glory by looking for it.  It comes when you don't expect it.  How?  Glory is achieved by self-sacrificing for others and not self-serving for yourself at the expense of others.  Since you don't know the Sunday story, you can't judge what the outcome and results are.  You're out of the loop, as they say.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:
Why don't you share the whole story with us? Being your usual self you only tell enough to try and boost your ego.  Which by the way exceeds your exagerations. 

HS, you’ve got me laughing.  I don't read them all, but these last few "exchanges" are pretty funny.

CarmineD

Reply #78   Oct 20, 2009 2:20 am
DIB:

Sir James has made a career, at least up to now, out of reinventing existing technology, not enhancing it, and charging a huge premium for it.  If you proclaim this as technologically innovative you have as much comical chutzpah as Sir James by declaring Air Multiplier fans as bladeless and charging $300.  Such overstated claims are self-serving because they are untrue.  If the self-server impugns others for disclosing the untruth, then he/she/it is the perpetrator of a lie [albeit hiding under the disguise of righteousness].  That is, indeed, no laughing matter.  Except perhaps to the evil one. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 20, 2009 by CarmineD
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #79   Oct 20, 2009 5:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Sir James has made a career, at least up to now, out of reinventing existing technology, not enhancing it, and charging a huge premium for it.  If you proclaim this as technologically innovative you have as much comical chutzpah as Sir James by declaring Air Multiplier fans as bladeless and charging $300.  Such overstated claims are self-serving because they are untrue.  If the self-server impugns others for disclosing the untruth, then he/she/it is the perpetrator of a lie [albeit hiding under the disguise of righteousness].  That is, indeed, no laughing matter.  Except perhaps to the evil one. 

Carmine D.

I think that by blade-less they mean that it's not at the fan opening as is the most case with most fans.   As a student of physics, surely you enjoy seeing demonstrations of fluid mechanics principles.   This is the kind of silly thing that can spark interest in science by children who wonder where the fan blades are. 

While it's not practical enough to be sold at a vacuum store, once can appreciate invention for the sake of invention.  I certainly agree with you that  $300 is a ridiculous price for a fan.  However, put the application in a military or medical setting, and perhaps there's something there.  The market will decide if there's an application for this product. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #80   Oct 20, 2009 5:35 pm
Severus wrote:
I think that by blade-less they mean that it's not at the fan opening as is the most case with most fans.   As a student of physics, surely you enjoy seeing demonstrations of fluid mechanics principles.   This is the kind of silly thing that can spark interest in science by children who wonder where the fan blades are. 

While it's not practical enough to be sold at a vacuum store, once can appreciate invention for the sake of invention.  I certainly agree with you that  $300 is a ridiculous price for a fan.  However, put the application in a military or medical setting, and perhaps there's something there.  The market will decide if there's an application for this product. 

Hello Severus:

Agree.  In fact Roomba did this with its robotics.  For 10 years it made robotic bomb detectors and detonators for the military before applying the same principles to household robotic vacuums.  When it did, Roomba sold over 500,000 robotic vacuums in just 6 months of launch in October 2002.   

Wonder what happened to the all the buzz about the dyson robotic that was floated here by the dyson  "insiders" in the know.  M00seUK had it right in 2004 when he said it was probably too late for dyson to enter this market.  Roomba had the lock on it from the get go.  In business it's not just about the product and price.  It's about market timing.  Dyson was too late.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #81   Oct 20, 2009 5:43 pm
Severus wrote:

Ah yes, the Venturi effect.

The pressure at "1" is higher than at "2" because the fluid speed at "1" is lower than at "2".
A flow of air through a venturi meter, showing the columns connected in a U-shape (a manometer) and partially filled with water. The meter is "read" as a differential pressure head in cm or inches of water.
Carmine D.
Venson

Reply #82   Oct 20, 2009 6:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Ah yes, the Venturi effect . . .

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Is this the way a vacuum's sprayer attachment operates?

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #83   Oct 21, 2009 2:53 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Is this the way a vacuum's sprayer attachment operates?

Venson

EUREKA!  Perfect example. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 74 - 83 of 83Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42