Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sanyo Airsis . . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Sanyo Airsis . . . .
Original Message   Sep 27, 2009 9:59 am
Hi,

Per Japan Today, Sanyo has come up with a new cyclonic model, the Sanyo Airsis, which is to be released in Japan on October 21st.

The Airsis' proprosed price is to be 115,500 yen (approximately $1,277 American). Despite some slightly radical design changes -- a hose end with dual grips and very different looking floor tool -- the price sounds a bit steep for a machine that's main claim is an upward directed exhaust stream. That's more an exercise of common sense than genius. Sanyo also says this cleaner excels because its filtration rate is 20 percent faster. Whether this implies increased airflow and/or suction, I do not know. Link follows:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/new-products/view/cyclonic-vacuum-cleaner-2

Venson
This message was modified Sep 27, 2009 by Venson
Replies: 12 - 21 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Sanyo Airsis . . . .
Reply #12   Sep 30, 2009 6:52 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I owned a Sunbeam Courier canister and a Sunbeam stick vac with attachments. Both worked well. The Sunbeam 635 and the small, affordable all-steel Eureka canisters -- despite the exhaust placement -- were machines I always recommended to people who wanted a decent vacuum without spending a lot. Of course that was at the time that $39.95 really got you somewhere.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I recall the Sunbeam Courier [suitcase] well and the all steel Eurekas and HOOVER celebrities.  What a difference in prices: $40-$50 versus $1000.  The increase in inflation is surely offset by the decrease in material costs for the lack of metal.  So what accounts for the higher vacuum prices?  Technology??  

I read recently that the next highest cost for the metal materials that go into washers/driers by Whirlpool is distribution cost.  Probably true for other products too.  Another reason to buy American made.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #13   Sep 30, 2009 6:55 am
procare wrote:
Venson,

Thanks for that site dkas 1.50. If you look at the Firestone , it is also called Kingston , Germatron, Saniway and Royal. Made by Douglas Manufacturing in Bronson , Michigan. Thanks again

Procare

Hello Procare:

I recall the Kingston tanks and canns.  The metal on the tanks was the thickness of bank vaults.  You could drop the Kingston tank off a 2 story house, and plug it in and use it without any problems.  Of course, you'd have to fix the 2 foot hole that the vacuum made in the concrete when it landed/hit.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #14   Sep 30, 2009 10:36 am
procare wrote:
Venson,</p><p>  Thanks for that site dkas 1.50. If you look at the Firestone , it is also called Kingston , Germatron, Saniway and Royal. Made by Douglas Manufacturing in Bronson , Michigan. Thanks again </p><p>                                                                                                Procare</p><p>                                                                                                                                    

Hi procare,

Thank you. You're right.

By the way, do you know the source of the Bee-Vac tank? It sold under many names including Kenmore.

I have a Saniway canister and have long been wanting to get my hands on the wheeled Kingston tank-type.

Best,

Venson
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #15   Sep 30, 2009 1:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:

While not the Sunbeam hatbox canister vacuum I had in mind, still very similar to the Sanyo Airsis.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.........or put another way:  What's old is new again.

Carmine D.

And how is this similar to the new Sanyo?   It has a hose, wands, and wheels?
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #16   Sep 30, 2009 1:32 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi procare,

Thank you. You're right.

By the way, do you know the source of the Bee-Vac tank? It sold under many names including Kenmore.

Best,

Venson

Birtman Electric was the maker of their vacuum cleaners as well as for Sears.  Whirlpool would later take the company over and make vacuum cleaners w/the Whirlpool nameplate, as well as Kenmore.
procare

Reply #17   Sep 30, 2009 3:37 pm
Thanks Mike,

Been awhile since I saw you post. Look at the McAllister and the Fairfax of now. They look the same.

Procare

This message was modified Sep 30, 2009 by procare
CarmineD

Reply #18   Sep 30, 2009 4:17 pm
Mike_W wrote:
And how is this similar to the new Sanyo?   It has a hose, wands, and wheels?

A motor, electrical cord and assorted tools too.  Tho the new sanyo is plastic, I presume, and old Sunbeam mostly metal body with plastic trim.  My perspective on similarity is strictly from design and form: like a hatbox, so to speak. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #19   Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm
The thing is though with all these new vacs coming on the market how easy is it to tell if exhausts are actually putting dust around? Its like the toilet adverts on TV in the UK. You can't buy the actual stain spot liquid they use to show up what bleachs have left behind. Short of casting your whole house in ultra violet hues how can you really be sure vacs are leaving dust behind apart from actual vacuuming up?
HARDSELL

Reply #20   Sep 30, 2009 7:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:
A motor, electrical cord and assorted tools too.  Tho the new sanyo is plastic, I presume, and old Sunbeam mostly metal body with plastic trim.  My perspective on similarity is strictly from design and form: like a hatbox, so to speak. 

Carmine D.

Your anaolgy makes the Gary an Oreck.
Venson

Reply #21   Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The thing is though with all these new vacs coming on the market how easy is it to tell if exhausts are actually putting dust around? Its like the toilet adverts on TV in the UK. You can't buy the actual stain spot liquid they use to show up what bleachs have left behind. Short of casting your whole house in ultra violet hues how can you really be sure vacs are leaving dust behind apart from actual vacuuming up?

Prospective buyers merely have to look. If exhaust venting or diffusion is designed to directed and/or happen above floor level then you're traveling pretty much in the right direction.

My Miele S7's exhaust vents straight up from the cleaning head. This is almost ideal except that I'd wonder what happens when you clean under a piece of low furniture or a bed. Obviously the upward air stream would be deflected downward but to what effect I do not know. The solution of course would be to use the hose with wand and an attachment for those purposes if you're particularly worried.

Nonetheless, most people aren't the least bit worried about this issue and the finer points of design fly completely over their heads. As long as they see substantial results by way of a vacuum's intake they pay little attention to its exhaust unless it's obviously spewing clouds of dust. For this reason, the Hoover Constellation did well in our market for years and it's even experienced a re-birth. Also, don't forget the Air-Rider. Eureka for one made many good, sturdy canisters for decades and customers never paid attention to the bottom positioned or directed exhaust systems in place on many.

Venson
Replies: 12 - 21 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42