Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Move over DC31.. BLACK & DECKER Dustbuster Flexi

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Move over DC31.. BLACK & DECKER Dustbuster Flexi
Original Message   Sep 11, 2009 6:17 pm
Replies: 65 - 74 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Move over DC31.. BLACK & DECKER Dustbuster Flexi
Reply #65   Sep 19, 2009 12:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks 'turtle1'  Glad to hear you and your Wife got away for some R&R.

My dear Wife too is back east with her Mom.  I had to stay behind with the 4 legged furry friend. 

W*M and other big box rip off stores don't carry dyson's DC16 and probably won't carry DC30/31.  Perhaps internet sales?  Why?  Too expensive.  Not worth the money.  Too limited in customer interest and appeal.  Dyson messed up the marketing with this product.  Not surprising.  Tho the product really has limited use and lackluster performance.  Dyson has an uphill climb to convince buyers of a DC16 to trade up to a newer one at $220-$270.  The new one does what the old should have for the money and includes an carbon brush exhaust free motor.  It's a handheld.  How much carbon brush exhaust is emitted? Dyson has a knack for taking an irrelevant feature and talking it up with hype.  Allowed him to charge exorbitant prices for the worthless features.

I mentioned on another thread Sam's is gifting a DC 16 with purchase of a DC27 for $479.  Dyson bundles the two specifically for the Sam's promotion.  I'm not convinced gifting an overpriced toy dyson handheld with a $479 dyson sale with improve sales of this model at Sam's.  By Christmas season these dysons will be on discount/clearance for $100 off [at least] with the toy hand held included too. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I’m embarrassed for you… the entire world is in a recession and struggling.  Can’t you think of anything smart to say?  Bundling and lowering prices is worldwide.  Saying something smart would help your lack of credibility, especially after defending Venson’s dual persona deception (him pretending to be Severus).  Did you notice a sudden drop off of posts after this came out?  You and others need to decide…  defend Venson’s bizarre behavior or build/keep this forum going.   This forum could easily die-on-the-vine.  And if you don't believe me then watch, and watch it die.

DIB
This message was modified Sep 19, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #66   Sep 19, 2009 1:50 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I’m embarrassed for you… the entire world is in a recession and struggling.  Can’t you think of anything smart to say?  Bundling and lowering prices is worldwide.  Saying something smart would help your lack of credibility, especially after defending Venson’s dual persona deception (him pretending to be Severus).  Did you notice a sudden drop off of posts after this came out?  You and/others need to decide…  defend Venson’s bizarre behavior or build/keep this forum going.   This forum could easily die-on-the-vine.  And if you don't believe me, then watch and watch it die.

DIB

DIB:

I'm amazed.  I actually agree with something you say: The entire world is in a recession and struggling.  All the rest of what you posted is a waste of time reading.  Especially the part I highlighted.  You have no grasp of vacuums, the vacuum industry, floorcare products, and the people who buy and sell them but you are predicting the demise of this vacuum Forum.  Do you have a date for this sad event or just keeping your prediction open ended?

Carmine D. 

vacmanuk

Reply #67   Sep 19, 2009 6:45 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
VacmanUK, just how would Dyson decrease the sound without decreasing suction and withoug increasing weight, size, and costs?<BR><BR>The sound is in relation to much air being moved (the vac's doing a great job moving air/suctioning and doing it better than all cordless handhelds in its class).  You’re preference for quieter cordless handhelds comes at a price…  weaker suction when new and weakening suction as it is being used (it's clogging).<BR><BR>Can you guarantee or state this DC16 was properly used and maintained (per the Dyson manual)?  How many of these students do you think read the manual or were told what the manual said?  Did you personally read the manual to the students or insist the shop teacher did?<BR><BR>Vacuuming and more importantly...  filtering the &quot;fine wood dust&quot; is a non-issue with this vacuum.  It will devour and gladly filter &quot;fine wood dust,&quot; all day-every day and do it without loosing any suction strength (as long as it is used and maintained properly - per manual).  <BR><BR><BR>DIB

Actually DIB Im sure Dyson could easily reduce the noise levels just by adding dampening. It wouldn't take that much money to do it, or at least provide a thicker casing so that it doesn't leak that much noise.

Why do you misread what I've said? Where do I suggest that the students or teacher have to read the manual? Is that going to improve the noise characteristics? It seems to me that with you in particular you can't have any one saying anything bad about Dyson vacums. They are not the most perfect vacuums in the world - you only have to look on EBAY UK to see so many reconditioned units at cheaper cost because people want rid of them. Just because you say "wood dust is a non-issue with this vacuum, it will devour and glady filter fine wood dust," doesn't mean it naturally happens with EVERY hand held produced.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #68   Sep 20, 2009 12:42 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I’m embarrassed for you… the entire world is in a recession and struggling.  Can’t you think of anything smart to say?  Bundling and lowering prices is worldwide.  Saying something smart would help your lack of credibility, especially after defending Venson’s dual persona deception (him pretending to be Severus).  Did you notice a sudden drop off of posts after this came out?  You and others need to decide…  defend Venson’s bizarre behavior or build/keep this forum going.   This forum could easily die-on-the-vine.  And if you don't believe me then watch, and watch it die.

DIB

DIB,

Please provide the proof that you promised about my being Venson - or was it your other personality that was going to provide proof?  I have to admit that I thought briefly about using the username "DysonStinks" as a response to your name.  But I really don't dislike Dyson.

I believe any drop off in posts corresponded to the start of football season, or perhaps the lack of a full moon.  Does Dyson ask you to track the number of posts on this forum each day?  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
vacmanuk

Reply #69   Sep 20, 2009 8:29 am
By the way guys we already seem to have the instruction manual for the Dustbuster Flexi PD1200, the user manual can be downloaded here:

http://service.blackanddecker.co.uk/PDMSDocuments/EU/Docs//docpdf/pd1200%20pd1080_uk.pdf

Specs for this model (according to the website) are:

AIR WATTS 25WATT
CAPACITY 0.500Litres
CHARGE TIME 16HOURS
VOLTAGE 12VOLT

If this is true then sadly it won't be a direct rival for the Dyson DC16 which has a stronger battery for a start! However I'd still be interested in this product as it is a darn sight smaller and more compact.
Venson

Reply #70   Sep 20, 2009 12:44 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
By the way guys we already seem to have the instruction manual for the Dustbuster Flexi PD1200, the user manual can be downloaded here:<BR><BR>http://service.blackanddecker.co.uk/PDMSDocuments/EU/Docs//docpdf/pd1200%20pd1080_uk.pdf<BR><BR>Specs for this model (according to the website) are:<BR><BR>AIR WATTS 25WATT<BR>CAPACITY 0.500Litres<BR>CHARGE TIME 16HOURS<BR>VOLTAGE 12VOLT<BR><BR>If this is true then sadly it won't be a direct rival for the Dyson DC16 which has a stronger battery for a start! However I'd still be interested in this product as it is a darn sight smaller and more compact.

The proof is the pudding . . . Despite Dyson's good performance in one test, the Popular Mechanics video I posted satisfied me by way of good performance and price B&D excelled. I would not spend the kind of money that Dyson is asking for a rechargeable hand-held vac.

The new B&D Flexi is even stronger than the Flex Vac model tested but it has yet to be shown how much power will or won't be lost in the translation due to the hose add-on. Even that considered, an $80 rechargeable vac is far more attractive to shoppers than machines running at 150 bucks and up.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #71   Sep 20, 2009 1:39 pm
Hello Vacmanuk, Venson et al.

The airwatts and charge times are just part of the features for comparison of the B&D Flex [$65-$80] and dyson's handhelds [$150-$270].  The key to comparison of these products are the uses that they will serve for their owners.  In that respect they are product rivals and rightly so. 

Having said that, perhaps there is more appreciation for the issues that Consumer Reports faces in rating and ranking handhelds objectively for consumer review and research.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 20, 2009 by CarmineD
retardturtle1

Reply #72   Sep 20, 2009 4:22 pm
From time to time you see a no name brand hand vac that offers the recharge/cord/auto option.....for dirt cheap....So why not apply this/these features to the B&D $80 end and without at the $65 end.....this would compinsate for its ok power level and address the biggest issue .....run time.  this option would by far take a chunk out of the comp and perhaps put it on top.....by offering what the others dont .

turtle1
This message was modified Sep 20, 2009 by retardturtle1
Venson

Reply #73   Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
...this would compinsate for its ok power level and address the biggest issue .....run time.  this option would by far take a chunk out of the comp and perhaps put it on top....

turtle1

Dear, dear turtle1,

There's nothing to fret about here. B&D, well-known AND reasonably priced, is already on top. Trust me. How many people do you know that are either willing or prepared to run out and drop approximately 200 bucks on a rechargeable hand-held?

Practicality in price and use is what wins the day here? I'd love to own a Mercedes but if what I can afford happens to be a Chevy, which one am I buying? You know there are only so many of us now crying over our great misfortune that we could only take one trip instead of our usual three to Europe this year.

Ten years ago we were living in a world where splurging now and then somehow could be worked into the budget. Credit possibilities were great. Speaking of the present, for the larger part of us those possibilities are no more.

In even more practical terms, rechargeable vacs still do not produce any where near the results of a regular vacuum costing less than double their price does. They are merely luxuries and please remember that term -- "luxury". Even those who like these new little trinkets can learn to live without them until money is freed up. The real reality now is all about who and how many you have to meet up with and with how much come the first of the month. No makers wondrous claims win out when when the landlord's knocking.

B&D has nothing to fear from Dyson.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #74   Sep 21, 2009 7:05 am
The sales appeal of the B&D Flex, beside the name reocognition and low price, is its versatility and mass marketing.  It will do well despite the bad economic times.

I think it was Lucky1 who made the observation that indies have to adjust and adapt to the changing economic times/hardships to survive.  Same is true of floorcare makers and their product prices.  You can't place a $250 price tag on a 5-10 minute heldheld in hardtimes and expect customers to run to the stores and buy them up.  Ain't gonna happen.

Carmine D. 

Replies: 65 - 74 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42